Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apple Martini

Stuff That's Confirmed/Hinted at in aWoIaF App, v.2

441 posts in this topic

So many thanks to the three of you. The last thread/this compilation is a godsend to those of us without access to the app.

Is Jeyne Westerling Pregnant

"Innocent of her mother's plot, Jeyne regularly takes a posset her mother gives her after the marriage, which Sybell claims will promote fertility but in fact prevents her from conceiving."

i'm ashamed to say i didn't notice this before i started cheering that jeyne was not pregnant but this clearly says claims. i think that means we're still not sure about robb jr., right?

Is there any information about when Robert started being fostered in the Vale?

i'm ashamed to say i didn't notice this before i started cheering that jeyne was not pregnant but this clearly says claims. i think that means we're still not sure about robb jr., right?

Nah, I think what's being "claimed" here is that it promotes fertility, but then the wording declares that the stuff Sybell is giving her actually prevents fertility.

I really don't care if Jeyne is pregnant or not because Jon is Robb's heir and I want Jon to have the North.

Nah, I think what's being "claimed" here is that it promotes fertility, but then the wording declares that the stuff Sybell is giving her actually prevents fertility.

whew! i was starting to worry again.

But the "claims" is about the fertility potion, not the contraceptive. I'm pretty gung-ho about Jeyne being switched (which I still believe, regardless of whether she's pregnant), but I have to admit that the pregnancy aspect at least took a big hit.

But the "claims" is about the fertility potion, not the contraceptive. I'm pretty gung-ho about Jeyne being switched (which I still believe, regardless of whether she's pregnant), but I have to admit that the pregnancy aspect at least took a big hit.

yes, i read it too fast. there does still seem to be something to cat and jaime seeing different women i wonder how this will be significant.

anyway, thank you apple martini, butterbumps and any others that worked on this. it's been amazing fun!!!!!!!

OK, I'm looking at Melisandre's vision thing again (because I hadn't read it before; that's Butters) and ...

... does it make it seem like she sees the skulls around Jon in conjunction with seeing him when she asks to see Azor Ahai? Like, it's not like she asks to see Azor Ahai and sees Jon, and then separately sees skulls around Jon in a separate vision.

Anyone have anything to make of that?

OK, I'm looking at Melisandre's vision thing again (because I hadn't read it before; that's Butters) and ...

... does it make it seem like she sees the skulls around Jon in conjunction with seeing him when she asks to see Azor Ahai? Like, it's not like she asks to see Azor Ahai and sees Jon, and then separately sees skulls around Jon in a separate vision.

Anyone have anything to make of that?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. In the app the fact that she asked to see AA isn't mentioned. It's framed in such a way that she's trying to see Stannis, but an image of Stannis is obfuscated by snow. Instead, Jon's face surrounded by skulls keeps appearing. Are you asking whether we can tie this back to AA, or whether it reveals anything about Jon as AA?

lol, you know my views on Jon and AA. I don't think the app really tells us anything from this. The book is pretty explicit about the fact that Mel was looking for Stannis, but called him AA.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. In the app the fact that she asked to see AA isn't mentioned. It's framed in such a way that she's trying to see Stannis, but an image of Stannis is obfuscated by snow. Instead, Jon's face surrounded by skulls keeps appearing. Are you asking whether we can tie this back to AA, or whether it reveals anything about Jon as AA?

lol, you know my views on Jon and AA. I don't think the app really tells us anything from this. The book is pretty explicit about the fact that Mel was looking for Stannis, but called him AA.

Yeah, I worded it weirdly.

OK, I was under the impression that she saw the skulls around Jon in a separate, discrete vision. The way the book's worded, it's like she asks to see the Red God's servant/champion/whatever (which I interpret to mean, "show me Azor Ahai," which follows that she thinks she's asking to see Stannis, because she thinks he's Azor Ahai), and she only see "Snow," as in Jon. A lot of us pro-one-prophecy peeps (:P) take this as obtuse evidence that Jon is AA, because she "asks to see AA" (or whom she thinks is AA) but sees Jon.

So I thought it was TWO visions:

1. Skulls around Jon.

2. "Show me AA oh hai Jon."

But the way the app blurb seems worded, it's like she saw the skulls around Jon during the AA vision. At least that's how I interpret it, but I may be misreading.

OK, I was under the impression that she saw the skulls around Jon in a separate, discrete vision. The way the book's worded, it's like she asks to see the Red God's servant/champion/whatever (which I interpret to mean, "show me Azor Ahai," which follows that she thinks she's asking to see Stannis, because she thinks he's Azor Ahai), and she only see "Snow," as in Jon. A lot of us pro-one-prophecy peeps ( :P) take this as obtuse evidence that Jon is AA, because she "asks to see AA" (or whom she thinks is AA) but sees Jon.

1. Skulls around Jon.

But the way the app blurb seems worded, it's like she saw the skulls around Jon during the AA vision. At least that's how I interpret it, but I may be misreading.

lol, yes, I know you lot of insufferables about this. Is there where I'm supposed to become an insufferable jerk, and point out that it wouldn't be the first time she asked for AA and saw something that wasn't AA? (dragonstone->Stannis->Jon->?)

"Jaqen:"A mysterious foreigner claiming to be from the Free City of Lorath...He then magically changes before her eyes, taking on the appearance, voice, and manner of someone else entirely.

Aliases: Alchemist, Pate

This is interesting: "Jaqen survives Amory Lorch's attack on Yoren's gathering of recruits thanks to Arya Stark, whom he immediately recognizes."

Interesting stuff about Jaqen: First it confirms that he's the alchemist. And if he recognizes Arya it means he already knew her, Syrio? (and I wanted to convince myself that Syrio is dead...)

It also confirm that Rickon is actually in Skagos, not that they were many doubt but is good to have an official confirmation

lol, yes, I know you lot of insufferables about this. Is there where I'm supposed to become an insufferable jerk, and point out that it wouldn't be the first time she asked for AA and saw something that wasn't AA? (dragonstone->Stannis->Jon->?)

This is where I turn into a wet blanket beverage-benamed Hermione, and suggest that she saw Dragonstone and Stannis because Stannis is ultimately the one who would lead her to Jon. Or: She saw the means, but wrongly interpreted it as the end. B)

I lurve you.

"Jaqen:"A mysterious foreigner claiming to be from the Free City of Lorath...

He then magically changes before her eyes, taking on the appearance, voice, and manner of someone else entirely."

Aliases: Alchemist, Pate

This is interesting: "Jaqen survives Amory Lorch's attack on Yoren's gathering of recruits thanks to Arya Stark, whom he immediately recognizes.""

Interesting stuff about Jaqen: First it confirms that he's the alchemist. And if he recognizes Arya it means he already knew her, Syrio? (and I wanted to convince myself that Syrio is dead...)

It also confirm that Rickon is actually in Skagos, not that they were many doubt but is good to have an official confirmation

Holy weird HTML, Batman. :P

Rickon being on Skagos is mentioned in the OP.

OK, I was under the impression that she saw the skulls around Jon in a separate, discrete vision. The way the book's worded, it's like she asks to see the Red God's servant/champion/whatever (which I interpret to mean, "show me Azor Ahai," which follows that she thinks she's asking to see Stannis, because she thinks he's Azor Ahai), and she only see "Snow," as in Jon. A lot of us pro-one-prophecy peeps ( :P) take this as obtuse evidence that Jon is AA, because she "asks to see AA" (or whom she thinks is AA) but sees Jon.

1. Skulls around Jon.

She sees Jon one time at the end of all her visions.

To clarify though she does say again, so she's seen him in at least one other vision.

Holy weird HTML, Batman. :P

Rickon being on Skagos is mentioned in the OP.

I already edited, I don't know what the hell happened. And yes what I was trying to say is that Rickon is finally confirmed to be in Skagos :P

This is where I turn into a wet blanket beverage-benamed Hermione, and suggest that she saw Dragonstone and Stannis because Stannis is ultimately the one who would lead her to Jon. Or: She saw the means, but wrongly interpreted it as the end. B)

I lurve you.

Oh lord, And here's where I tell you

that she's now seeing Jon because Dany's "mount to love" is obviously Ghost, who will lead her to Jon, at which point Mel's visions will start revealing Dany as the true AA, and after the magnificent trio of Dany, Jon, and Tyrion defeat the Others from dragonback (with Ghost obviously in a side car next to Jon) the three settle into a polygamous relationship and the realm enjoys 3 thousand years of good fortune because the only people capable of ruling Westeros are Targaryens (which Dany, Tyrion and Jon all clearly are) and it finally puts to rest the issue of how awesome dragonz are for saving the day.

That, or I simply think that her vision of Jon will lead to someone/ something else. The man isn't an agent of fire.

Wanna talk about Quaithe for a moment. The app explicitly states that Quentyn was the sun's son but uses a caveat when mentioning Tyrion being the lion. Is this because Tyrion hasn't yet met Dany? Also, what's the rest of the sentence, "Dany takes this to mean...."?