Do you think we will get a gift chapter for Christmas?

Ice Turtle

Well actually I'm not 100% sure if Theon's chapter was supposed to be a late Christmas present (it has appeared at GRRMs website on 29. December) but it would be nice to have another one for this Christmas. Do you think there is any chance we will get one?

I'm not sure. We will know the first 100 pages of the book if he continues to present them to us, we already have a Victarion, a Tyrion, a Arianne and a Theon. Of course I wouldn't say no, but I don't think he will do it. After all, we will expect another one next year then and I guess he doesn't want to create expectations he can't/won't hold... Well, maybe another chapter for Easter then ;)

honestly, I don't care

I haven't read Theon's TWOW chapter (or watched the youtube video with Martin reading a part of another chapter), and I'm not going to do it;

I don't want a single chapter, I want no spoilers, I want to enjoy the book in its entirety

of course I hope TWOW will be out as soon as possible, but in the meantime, as Tyrion said to Lysa about his brother Jaime coming to the Eyrie to be his champion:

I'm happy to wait

I wouldn't hold out for TWoW in 2013, but we should have the 4th Dunk and Egg novella then. That was above TWoW on his projects list a while back. That will also put Dunk and Egg's length to where the 1st compilation can be put out after allowing the anthology sales window. The compilation will finally make it much easier for new readers to catch up on them.

I'm not sure. We will know the first 100 pages of the book if he continues to present them to us, we already have a Victarion, a Tyrion, a Arianne and a Theon. Of course I wouldn't say no, but I don't think he will do it. After all, we will expect another one next year then and I guess he doesn't want to create expectations he can't/won't hold... Well, maybe another chapter for Easter then ;)

We have only actually seen the Theon chapter. The rest have been from readings, and it seemed like they may not have all been full chapters.

honestly, I don't care

I haven't read Theon's TWOW chapter (or watched the youtube video with Martin reading a part of another chapter), and I'm not going to do it;

I don't want a single chapter, I want no spoilers, I want to enjoy the book in its entirety

of course I hope TWOW will be out as soon as possible, but in the meantime, as Tyrion said to Lysa about his brother Jaime coming to the Eyrie to be his champion:

I'm happy to wait

Well, that's one opinion and I really can understand that, though I like spoilers, but I have a question: If you don't like spoilers, why are you reading TWoW subforum? :dunno:

He was ready to read the first Euron chapter during that one event, eventhough they people chose Arianne. So he might give that one up for Christmas or something similar :)

It was Aeron chapter, Euron isn't POV, but it would be enough if we got the Arianne chapter written not only as reading.

I have a question: If you don't like spoilers, why are you reading TWoW subforum? :dunno:

because I clicked on view new content, I saw this thread, and since its title (and the thread itself) is not spoilerish at all I decided to read it and to write my opinion... sounds pretty coherent to me

Candidates for gift chapter could be:

Arianna's POV george read out 12 months ago

Aeron Daphair chapter that george offered to read out, but people picked the Arianna chapter instead.

Victarion chapter that he read out in the last yeat, but this is already avaliable on the internet if you know where to look.

Tyrion's chapter he read out that kinda carries on from Victarions chapter

Sansa chapter that was rumoured to appear in the paperback addition of ADWD

An extract from the Lands of Ice and Fire would be excellent, but he already revealed a large extract to fans recently.

But if GRRM decides not revel anymore thats his call, it was such an awesome surprise to have the Theon chapter last year.

Maybe George will remember after giving us the "gift" chapter last year around Christmas, that his giants won the Super Bowl 2 months later. If he is superstitious at all, we may get a sample chapter!

Wishful thinking, but at least 2013 should be exciting with the 4th Dunk and Egg and the world book coming out!

A WoW gift chapter for Christmas would be an awesome present for Martin fans! But I feel greedy wanting even more because I just purchased the graphic novel volume I and The Lands of Ice and Fire, the map book, plus some other scholarly books written by others about Martin. I haven't received the latter yet so I cannot even share the title names - dah! I have forgotten since ordering them on Amazon.

I will be happy to accept such a generous gift; but on the other hand, I will understand if Martin holds off because we do have Game of Thrones Season 3 coming up 2013 as well as the Dunk and Egg stories. I think season 2 is going to be released on DVD as well. All good things to come!

I wouldn't hope for TWOW next year...it would be a miracle if it would come out in 2014, but that is still a huge stretch. We don't want a rushed book either, do we? Lets give him sometime so we get a good book :)

I hadn't heard the rumor about a Sansa chapter. It has been such a long time since we've heard from her and the Vale so I am crossing my fingers that this is at least in the paperback!

He already confirmed the Theon chapter to be in the paperback. Sorry! :(

Archived