Season 3 Tagline(Spoilers)

Carter209

• 3 weeks later...

In the trailer, I heard Melisandre say "Death is coming for everyone and everything." to Stannis (at least it sounded like her, my headphones are a bit messed up lol

Maybe it's "Death is coming" to fit in with the other taglines? Personally I think it's a bit insipid and unoriginal to go winter, war, death is coming but worse taglines have happened in TV history.

This season will focus on death (Robb, Stannis's leeches, Hoster Tully, Good Masters, Ygritte(?), the UNdead north of wall, Old Bear) so I think it would make sense.

However, this season will also focus on fire ("Dracarys!", Tully's funeral, Beric's swordfight with Hound, Burning the dead in North*, burning leeches, maybe there'll be fire at the RW in the confusion and maybe something subtle like burning a letter to show treachery between Roose and tywin)

So perhaps a tagline to do with fire would also be appropriate, although they may be saving that for later with Targaryen-related material. Personally, I have to say the "Dracarys!" scene was where I felt fire really becoming an integral part of the narrative, so perhaps this season will be where they focus on fire more than before since we've seen the dragons breath fire now.

*There's a quote from the trailer in which Mance says "I'm going to light the biggest fire the North has ever seen!" (awesome)

Its been said time and time again, but I think it fits:

"The Red Will Run... the Wrongs Set Right...." (Walder Frey says it to Robb the scene before the Red Wedding).

I will also go off the reservation with my Plan B:

"Traitors pay... with their lives." Stannis Baratheon (to Davos).

Archived