NFL 2012 Week 14/15 The Unfrozen Tundra

Howdyphillip

Man - For a little fun, check out the schedule across the league for next week. Check out how many great games there are and then see what Monday Night game is being foisted on us.

Hey now. The Jets are providing an educational clinic for young football players everywhere in how to potentially sneak into the playoffs while having no noticeable offense of any kind. This valuable service has traditionally been provided by the Bears, but since they got Jay Cutler they've sort of abandoned that public service duty.

Looks like Cam Cameron was just fired by the Ravens. Jim Caldwell takes over O-Coord duties. I have a feeling this will be beneficial to the Ravens but hopefully it's too little too late. I still think they can lose out.

:lmao:

When's the last time a coordinator was fired from a division-leading team?

ETA: Wait, Jim Caldwell? That's supposed to be an improvement?

:lmao:

Maybe the upside is that Caldwell doesn't think he is Bobby Fischer. New strategy, lads. Give the ball to Ray. A lot.

Firing Cam is something the Ravens should have done ages ago. But replacing him with Caldwell, that's fucking hilarious! I'm now all but certain that the Ravens will finish 9-7.

On the subject of Kaep/Smith, I think Harbaugh decided that the old plan was ultimately limiting - you might have a better chance of reaching the NFC title game with Smith, but you can't win it all with that formula. Better to get Colin the experience reading actual defenses now - something you pretty much cannot do in practice - than to pretend Alex is going to take you to a title.

The old Smith recipe has won in the past, but the 21st Century NFL requires an offense that can at least threaten to beat you by itself.

But, Bronn. It didn't just work last year (NFC Championship), it was working this year as well. Except for two stupid games (Vikings, Giants), the 49'ers were beating the shit out of every team in the league.

Man - For a little fun, check out the schedule across the league for next week. Check out how many great games there are and then see what Monday Night game is being foisted on us.

There's no 4 o'clock game worth watching, and Monday will probably give me colon cancer if I actually try to watch that mess, but the early games are solid. And 49ers-Pats will be good.

So... It seems that most of us wanted snow games.... except for Charger fans and the grounds crew at Lambeau...

Is there a betting pool this week for which team has a player die?

Well, so far it's been bottom feeders (Browns, Chiefs, Cowboys), so I'd put my money on one of the Chargers falling on his sword in San Diego.

I'd be really scared of Seattle if they could actually get any home field advantage. But they likely won't.

New England most teams should be scared of. Without Gronk they'll likely not be able to beat Houston tonight, but that doesn't mean they won't later.

So what teams do you really not want to face in the playoffs, regardless of record?

As A Giants fan, I really want to avoid Seattle and hope Washington doesn't make it in. Having been on the other side of the 'just make it in and go on a run' strategy, those two teams scare the crap out of me more than any of the higher seeds.

I just hope we get in.

We have to steal a spot from one of either the Giants, Bears and Seahawks to make it. I got nothing against the Bears and kinda like Jay Cutler, but with the Giants and Seahawks putting up 50 spots over the weekend, a Bears collapse might be our best hope for making it.

Course it's a moot point if a not 100% RGIII or Kirk Cousins doesn't take care of business this weekend against the Browns. That playoff window remains a narrow slit.

I just hope we get in.

We have to steal a spot from one of either the Giants, Bears and Seahawks to make it. I got nothing against the Bears and kinda like Jay Cutler, but with the Giants and Seahawks putting up 50 spots over the weekend, a Bears collapse might be our best hope for making it.

Course it's a moot point if a not 100% RGIII or Kirk Cousins doesn't take care of business this weekend against the Browns. That playoff window remains a narrow slit.

If we lose to the Browns this weekend (and that game had me concerned even before the Griffin injury), our playoff hopes are slim, but they nonetheless still exist. We have a tiebreaker edge over essentially everyone we would need to get in over by virtue of going 1-3 against the AFC. In the relatively unlikely event of losing in Cleveland, but beating Philly and Dallas, then we would just need one of Chicago, Seattle or NYG to go 1-2 down the stretch (as well as at least one loss from Minnesota and St. Louis). Looking at Seattle's schedule, a 1-2 finish looks pretty unlikely, but it's possible that Chicago could continue to crumble, and NYG are fluky as hell, so who knows?

But really, going 9-7 even if we didn't make the playoffs would still be really good. I thought we would be a 6 or 7 win team this year, and just a few weeks ago, that looked like it might have been too optimistic.

So what teams do you really not want to face in the playoffs, regardless of record?

As A Giants fan, I really want to avoid Seattle and hope Washington doesn't make it in. Having been on the other side of the 'just make it in and go on a run' strategy, those two teams scare the crap out of me more than any of the higher seeds.

I am worried about the last three games for the Giants, going to Atlanta and Baltimore is going to be tough and as bad as the Eagles have been I would not be suprised if they can get up if they have a chance at ruining a post season run for their rivals. You never know if the Giants will give you another lazy effort.

If we lose to the Browns this weekend (and that game had me concerned even before the Griffin injury), our playoff hopes are slim, but they nonetheless still exist. We have a tiebreaker edge over essentially everyone we would need to get in over by virtue of going 1-3 against the AFC. In the relatively unlikely event of losing in Cleveland, but beating Philly and Dallas, then we would just need one of Chicago, Seattle or NYG to go 1-2 down the stretch (as well as at least one loss from Minnesota and St. Louis). Looking at Seattle's schedule, a 1-2 finish looks pretty unlikely, but it's possible that Chicago could continue to crumble, and NYG are fluky as hell, so who knows?

Yeah, the tiebreakers are the one thing that give me a little bit of confidence. They just have to find a way to end up with the same record as any of those teams (and then not get passed by the Cowboys or Vikings which is also possible)

I do think the magic number remains 10 wins in the NFC. Bears and Seahawks each have 2 easy games and one tough one left. Giants have tougher games remaining but they also look like they're rounding into Giants in December form which means I don't know if we can count on 'em to slip up even once.

Davis had the same thing with Smith as he has with Kaep. Some games he was featured, others ignored.

Davis was targeted twice yesterday - the same number of targets he got in the Jets and Arizona games, and more than he got in the Seattle game.

Davis was targeted three times in the Rams game, same as the previous Rams game and the Green Bay game.

He only was targeted once in the Saints game

Davis's season high in targets was 8 against Chicago and Minnesota - once with Smith, once with Kaep

Vernon's involvement in the offense comes from someone at a higher pay grade than Kaep (pretending coaches make more than players)

I am worried about the last three games for the Giants, going to Atlanta and Baltimore is going to be tough and as bad as the Eagles have been I would not be suprised if they can get up if they have a chance at ruining a post season run for their rivals. You never know if the Giants will give you another lazy effort.

Yeah, I've given up on trying to understand the Giants; I accept them for what they are, and pray they decide to show up on a given Sunday.

But, Bronn. It didn't just work last year (NFC Championship), it was working this year as well. Except for two stupid games (Vikings, Giants), the 49'ers were beating the shit out of every team in the league.

The 49ers won the NFC championship last year???? I will let the Giants know.

Well, so far it's been bottom feeders (Browns, Chiefs, Cowboys), so I'd put my money on one of the Chargers falling on his sword in San Diego.

Junior Seau wasn't enough for ya, eh?

Archived