NFL 2012 Week 14/15 The Unfrozen Tundra

Howdyphillip

And this is why I heart Brian Urlacher:

Earlier this week Jermichael Finley decide to prove he's a big-mouthed idiot once again when he claimed the Bears are a better team without Urlacher because he's old and slow. It may or may not be true, but you just don't show that sort of disrespect to one of the "living legends" of the league.

Urlacher responded yesterday with this lovely tidbit: “Just like a couple of years ago, I think, he tore his ACL and the Packers were actually better without him. You know, they won the Super Bowl. I hope we can duplicate that as well because it won’t hurt my feelings if we go on and win the Super Bowl without me like they did without him.”

That is how you respond to trash talk!

Savvily handled by Urlacher, but the best way to respond to trash talk is to win on Sunday. And it doesn't change the fact that these two teams are headed in opposite directions.

...his only evidence was that Griffin's fiancee is white, and then repeated that some people in DC don't think he's truly "one of us". What does that even mean? What does a black athlete need to do to be considered "truly" black?

I checked out pics of RGIII's white fiance. He must be marrying her for love, because it's not for looks.

Savvily handled by Urlacher, but the best way to respond to trash talk is to win on Sunday.

Difficult for Urlacher to do, since he's out the rest of the regular season.

And it doesn't change the fact that these two teams are headed in opposite directions.

I'd argue that "are" should be replaced with "have been." Season isn't over and there's still time to right the ship. Even if the Bears lose Sunday (which is likely) they get to feast on the Cardinals next weekend and that should help get some momentum going into Detroit the last weekend.

I'd argue that "are" should be replaced with "have been." Season isn't over and there's still time to right the ship. Even if the Bears lose Sunday (which is likely) they get to feast on the Cardinals next weekend and that should help get some momentum going into Detroit the last weekend.

A loss to GB this weekend will probably put Chicago outside of playoff position. They are 3-1 against the AFC, and in tiebeakers, it is better to be worse in that regard (your conference record being all games minus the AFC games). The Redskins are 1-2 for example, and would definitely be ahead of Chicago if they beat the Browns. The Bears have the tiebreaker over Dallas, but I don't know where things stand with Minnesota. Regardless, once you have to start worrying about tiebreakers, you are outside your comfort level, even if the Cards and Lions are a pretty appealing final slate.

Come on. You know this is going to go one of two ways: win against the Packers and lose in an embarrassing fashion away to the Cardinals. Or lose horribly to Green Bay, but then put 50+ on the Cardinals giving that false sense of hope...

A loss to GB this weekend will probably put Chicago outside of playoff position. They are 3-1 against the AFC, and in tiebeakers, it is better to be worse in that regard (your conference record being all games minus the AFC games). The Redskins are 1-2 for example, and would definitely be ahead of Chicago if they beat the Browns. The Bears have the tiebreaker over Dallas, but I don't know where things stand with Minnesota. Regardless, once you have to start worrying about tiebreakers, you are outside your comfort level, even if the Cards and Lions are a pretty appealing final slate.

All the other WC teams but Chicago and Seattle need to win out to reach 10 wins, while Chicago and Seattle only need two more. It's a tough row to hoe, but Chicago still holds the advantage as long as the Redskins and Vikings each lose one more game.

Although I guess it doesn't really matter one way or another. If the Bears make it as #6 they travel to GB in the first round. And we all know how that will turn out.

Come on. You know this is going to go one of two ways: win against the Packers and lose in an embarrassing fashion away to the Cardinals. Or lose horribly to Green Bay, but then put 50+ on the Cardinals giving that false sense of hope...

My cup is always half full, dear Jaxom. Even when the drink is bitter, it remains half full.

I just want to say that I hate Thursday Night games. They're always sloppy because neither team has a chance to prepare properly or get the necessary rest after a grueling Sunday game. I wish they'd do away with them completely.

That being said, I'm so happy that our week is over and I can watch the games on Sunday that matter to me and not worry about the Bengals. That's the only saving grace.

The Denver Broncos are the best team in the league with the #4 total offense and #4 total defense. And woe unto those that play them, I'm looking at you, Ravens.

Much more interestingly, my Colts have the #7 total offense. The #22 overal defense. The #8 passing offense. The #20 passing defense. The #22 rushing offense. The #18 rushing defense. The #17 scoring offense. The #23 scoring defense. And a record of 9-4

^ Say whatever might be true about a soft schedule, but that's a badass team. ;)

The Denver Broncos are the best team in the league with the #4 total offense and #4 total defense. And woe unto those that play them, I'm looking at you, Ravens.

Much more interestingly, my Colts have the #7 total offense. The #22 overal defense. The #8 passing offense. The #20 passing defense. The #22 rushing offense. The #18 rushing defense. The #17 scoring offense. The #23 scoring defense. And a record of 9-4

^ Say whatever might be true about a soft schedule, but that's a badass team. ;)

No, it's a lucky team. They're the 2011 Bengals.

And yes, the Broncos scare the living shit out of me. As does the Patriots. I don't want to face either team if we make it to the playoffs.

As a Broncos fan, I am loving our chances. But while I think the team is better than the Pats, I am still scared of the Pats in a big way. Fox is great in his own way, but he gets flat out coached by the hoodie. God I hope someone else takes them down in the playoffs first

Absolutely. A win is a win and in the playoffs, anything can happen. We've seen it before...remember the Seahawks beating the Saints a few years ago?

An even better example is the Cardinals SB year. They went into the playoffs as the 9-7 winner of an atrocious NFC West (the other three teams combined to go 13-35). They had gotten thumped by 40 in New England and by 28 in Philly in December. They lost 4 of thier final 6 games, and actually hadn't beaten a non-divisional opponent since week 6! Nothing about this team said that they were going to be a tough out.

But then the playoffs started, and things got clicking. They were one improbable Harrison 100 yard fumble recovery td from winning the Super Bowl. That's why you really never know in the NFL. You just gotta make the tournament and hope the magic is there.

Absolutely. A win is a win and in the playoffs, anything can happen. We've seen it before...remember the Seahawks beating the Saints a few years ago?

An even better example is the Cardinals SB year. They went into the playoffs as the 9-7 winner of an atrocious NFC West (the other three teams combined to go 13-35). They had gotten thumped by 40 in New England and by 28 in Philly in December. They lost 4 of thier final 6 games, and actually hadn't beaten a non-divisional opponent since week 6! Nothing about this team said that they were going to be a tough out.

But then the playoffs started, and things got clicking. They were one improbable Harrison 100 yard fumble recovery td from winning the Super Bowl. That's why you really never know in the NFL. You just gotta make the tournament and hope the magic is there.

True stories. I expect we'll get bounced in the first round (though, whoever the #4 seed is we might have a chance against), but I'm more optimistic for this Colts team than I ever was for any Manning-led Colts in the post-season. I don't think Manning is a choke-artist, but I think that he carried way too much weight for a great team, and while Luck is carrying quite a bit of weight himself, the rest of the team has also started stepping up to help deliver the wins. This is exciting.

Edit: New Thread.

Archived