Who will fight robert strong.

KingWolf

I really think both happen. Frankengregor pastes Lancel...maybe a few other people. Then Sandor hears word of his brother still being alive and sets out to settle all family buisness.

I like your thought process here, this is the main reason I hope Sandor is still alive.

its Lancel his religious conversion makes him likely to be chosen his distaste for Cersei makes him likely to accept the challenge besides how would Sandor get from the Quiet Isle to Kings Landing in time for the trial also How would Sandor know that Robert Strong is UnGregor when literally no one knows...I think that Sandor Clegane still lives but the Hound is dead, so dont expect to see him picking up swords anytime soon

Who will fight Robert the Strong is an interesting guessing game, but there's a possibility of background hanky-panky. Varys being behind the scenes has an interest. Does he want the incompetent Cersei to remain in charge or does he want her removed to sow further confusion? It's within his capabilities to neutralize Robert's handlers i.e. Qyburn & Associates and we don't know to what extent Robert can operate independently. He might fold like a string-cut puppet.

I feel a bit sorry for Lancel and his guilty conscience. Tyrion was a bit too rough on him, IMHO. Maybe a little envy snuck in there?

Well, I was thinking if that would be the likely exit, the way to kill off the characters of Lancel or Loras.

Because Robert Strong will kill them. They are not Oberyn. Although I give Loras more props then Lancel. However, Loras said himself he was good with a lance and his brother a better sword. Lance not needed here. They are not jousting.

Cersei is already on the Tyrell shit list. Margaery, and then Loras dies to her champion? Wouldn't be good for her even if she passes.

Lancel is one of her own. Her uncle/family will not be happy either. I would think now they'd rather not risk Lancel for her.

Not sure here. People will surmise what Robert is and hate her even more for not fighting fair with her "creature." Oh, it will get out in time.

Sandor seems best candidate still.

I'm going to guess Ser Theodan the True. But Ser Robert Strong will probably kill the pious fool.

Yeah it seems like that dude was introduced to be fish food in the trial, but I've wondered to what extent Qyburn holds sway over UnGregor. Still, I don't see UnGregor being brought down at the very outset of Winds. The implication at the end of Dance was Cersei is gonna fuck some shit up before she goes down. I doubt she'll lose the trial.

I was thinking it would probably end up being Lancel too, he's with the Faith and they're prosecuting, he probably sees it as his duty/penance because of his role in Cersei's plotting, fits pretty well.

Of course, it could just as easily be some random fool from the ranks of the Stars and Swords who's just introduced for the fight and quickly dispatched to move the plot along like Oznak zo Pahl or Ser Vardis Egen were

Archived