Who will fight robert strong.

KingWolf

I'm not sure about this. Yes he will be executed yet it is his testimony or confession that caused the HS to arrest her. He has had acsess to Lancel for some time. It could be that if he wins the combat the HS would let Osney take the black. Osney has probaly had sufficent time to recover from his ordeal. The Faith is not accusing Cersei of anything, rather they are trying to sort out the truth of the crimes Lancel and Osney have accused her of. Its up to one of these two guys to come up with a champion or fight themselves. I guess they could appeal to the Faith to provide one but that kind of flies in the face of the Faith being a partial arbiter.

Lancel couldn't beat Boros Blount or Ser Meryn much less this Strong fellow. Osney is at least strong and large and possibly motivated if they will let him take the black. I think Ser Lancel being a Lannister and whatnot makes him to valuable to throw away like this but he does not seem long for this world in any event. Cersei has all ready warned him to keep his mouth shut, if she does not back that up she will look weak.

Cersei was locked up for a while, its been at least 2 months since we saw Osney, hes probaly healed up a little by now.

Yeah, Lancel is not beating Robert Strong but with his new found religious consciousness he might be misguided enough to think he can.

It won't be Sandor.

Robert Strong is being built up as a big unkillable badass.

He wont lose his first fight.

Sandor wont 'come back from the dead' out of nowhere, against all odds, just to die.

I've just thought of this-

If Lancel was champion of the faith and Cersei let RS kill him, would Cersei be viewed as a kinslayer?

If not by The Faith, then by the realm?

If the High Sparrow has some Cersei hate and wants her to fall from grace, that would make Lancel the ideal choice.

If it would result in a kinslayer like outcome for Cersei if she won.

It wont be Sandor.

His story is finished.

The other possibility I see is Tyene.

If RS is UnGregor, then a fight against the daughter of the man who killed him, who would have a similar skill set, and has the blessing of the faith, would be a good way to prove his badass-ness.

Especially if she managed to land a blow with the same poison that killed him before.

This makes the most sense to me, especially after the conversation with Doran where they said something along the lines of "no other man was near his size/strength, we'll know if she lied to us...blah blah blah"

Yes, she's a woman, but the faith's military strength has women in it's ranks.

So that's not an issue.

She'll be killed, then Nym will do something stupid.

Maybe kill Tommen and continue the prophecy Cersei's so afraid of.

It WONT be Sandor.

That's if it's someone we've already met, it could very well be someone as of now unknown.

I'm still fairly sure it will be Lancel. In part because I think Lancel will see it as a way to attone for his own sins and that he'll believe in his faith to save him (no hope mate).

There is no chance RS is UnRobert as the sizes don't match, though I love the idea.

I don't think Sandor is coming back into the books at all and i'd quite like it to stay that way. Not because I don't like the character, I do, but just because I think he's earned his rest (be it digging graves on QI or in a grave). My personal belief is that he is the gravedigger but GRRM is dropping all these hints to show us he's at rest and relived. He has no connection to the Faith Militant and the branch shown in action on QI seems quite different to the kind of faith the HS is putting into action. So quite frankly I don't see how it could be written that he'd get to KL to fight.

I'm fairly certain that Lancel would get seven shades smacked out of him in record timing but I'm kind of hoping he does enough to knock Robert Strong's helm off to reveal there is nothing in side but there you go.

What if it turns out R.S isn't UnGregor.(even though I think it is and all hints point to that.)

That sounds like one of Cersei's schemes, alright.

"Your Grace, I have this fun project, there's Gregor Clegane's huge body doing nothing, and I'd like very much to turn it into an unbeatable warrior".

"OK. So you want to dig up King Robert's grave, exhume his two years old rotten carcass and use it for your project, and bury Ser Gregor's corpse in his place? Excellent idea! Be careful, so nobody spots you."

"But that's not what..."

"You have my permission to go, Lord Qyburn. And again, your idea was very good."

• 3 months later...

I'm surprised no one has suggested Stannis as champion, because if it is proven Tommen is not the rightful king, Stannis's right to succession would be restored, and this could make him eligible to fight. How would a reanimated corpse stand up to Lightbringer? The High Septon may denounce him for following R'hllor, but doesn't Westeros allow religious freeedom (old gods of the north, the drowned god of the iron islands)? Would the High Septon have the right to deny Stannis as champion? Why would Stannis want to champion against Cersei? It would enable him to ascend the throne witth a single duel rather than a protracted war.

Archived