Is this impression of Serena Williams a form of blackface?

Addien

I'm sort of amazed at the new lows this thread manages to find.

What?I'm just saying, once you have people reacting positively about something, you'll have people go the other direction. Sure beauty is subjective, but that wasn't an issue until someone went negative.

It wasn't a nice thing to say but the idea that this is surprising or a derail is weird to me.That thread started a while ago.

why in the world would you feel the need to say this? Did I miss something up thread that makes this relevant? Beauty is subjective (I think she's beautiful, for example) and to say something this aggressively critical is just rude and nasty. And has nothing to do with the OP.

Some one said many women would "kill" to have her body, which is an obvious exaggeration, as was my own comment. Why is it so horrible for me to express my opinion about her looks? People are saying how great she looks and I disagree,

She has a back and shoulders? :dunno:

she has a back and shoulders i find too muscular for a girl.

that is a matter of my personal preference and it sure doesn't mean she's ugly. it means i don't find that body type attractive.

you chose to focus on her boobs which you apparently like about her, i pointed out parts i don't like.

Yay let's trash a professional athlete for having an athletic body. Always classy.

it's pretty much as classy as trashing a professional athlete for impersonating another professional athlete which also happens to be her friend, and yet it's been going on for most of these 19 pages ;)

Some one said many women would "kill" to have her body, which is an obvious exaggeration, as was my own comment. Why is it so horrible for me to express my opinion about her looks? People are saying how great she looks and I disagree,

It came across as harsh, honestly.

ETA: this is not directed at you, Rhoena. Just a follow up to my original post: Who cares what she looks like? She's one of the top rated players in the world. Would it have even have come up if these two players were men? Uh, that would be a big "NO".

It came across as harsh, honestly.

ETA: this is not directed at you, Rhoena. Just a follow up to my original post: Who cares what she looks like? She's one of the top rated players in the world. Would it have even have come up if these two players were men? Uh, that would be a big "NO".

To be fair how can people not care what she looks like, when the joke is about how she looks? It's relevant to the issue.

To be fair how can people not care what she looks like, when the joke is about how she looks? It's relevant to the issue.

I know. It just seems to add insult to injury. We're already discussing the issue of the 'joke' and whether or not it's racism. Now we're sidetracked by whether or not she's attractive and meets some bogus feminine ideal of beauty.

Err, don't you see that you called everyone who posted in this thread a Troglodyte? You didn't say average, you didn't say some, you insulted everyone who posted in this thread.

I mean, you can call me a lot of different things, and I won't get offended, but I draw the line at prehistoric caveman. :lol:

Archived