Is this impression of Serena Williams a form of blackface?

Addien

she has a back and shoulders i find too muscular for a girl.

that is a matter of my personal preference and it sure doesn't mean she's ugly. it means i don't find that body type attractive.

you chose to focus on her boobs which you apparently like about her, i pointed out parts i don't like.

Have you seen her chest? How can she not have a muscular back? She would be all hunched over and off balance which would make playing Tennis very difficult.

I like muscle on a woman and she's definitely not too muscular in my book. Not that it's important, just saying. I do not like it when women with a bit of muscle get crap about it, my sister-in-law demeans them all the time... I've taken to telling her she doesn't know what an attractive woman is anymore than I know an attractive guy (I probably know attractive guys better than most women know attractive women, but that's ok).

Err, don't you see that you called everyone who posted in this thread a Troglodyte? You didn't say average, you didn't say some, you insulted everyone who posted in this thread.

I mean, you can call me a lot of different things, and I won't get offended, but I draw the line at prehistoric caveman. :lol:

Technically she called the collective which would be the total of all - so the ones with the negative IQs she was targeting would offset those with a positive IQ. So no, she didn't call everyone a Troglodyte.

Technically she called the collective which would be the total of all - so the ones with the negative IQs she was targeting would offset those with a positive IQ. So no, she didn't call everyone a Troglodyte.

The Fry readability formula (or Fry readability graph) is a readability metric for English texts, developed by Edward Fry.

The grade reading level (or reading difficulty level) is calculated by the average number of sentences (y-axis) and syllables (x-axis) per hundred words. These averages are plotted onto a specific graph; the intersection of the average number of sentences and the average number of syllables determines the reading level of the content.

The formula and graph are often used to provide a common standard by which the readability of documents can be measured. It is sometimes used for regulatory purposes, such as in healthcare, to ensure publications have a level of readability that is understandable and accessible by a wider portion of the population.

Begin analyzing your Likert scale data with descriptive statistics. Although it may be tempting, resist the urge to take the numeric responses and compute a mean. Adding a response of "strongly agree" (5) to two responses of "disagree" (2) would give us a mean of 4, but what is the significance of that number? Fortunately, there are other measures of central tendency we can use besides the mean. With Likert scale data, the best measure to use is the mode, or the most frequent response.

Between what I read about the Likert scale (" the best measure to use is . . .the most frequent response"), and the Fry readibility formula ("(the reading difficulty level) is calculated by the average number of sentences") saying both were at the troglodyte level does not say a hell of a lot about the posters, considering there were only a couple out of the bunch that I thought were at the very unfortunate level. If not all of the posters were troglodytes, there must have been a hell of a lot.

Sadly, there is no caveman emo I can use. :(.

Have you seen her chest? How can she not have a muscular back? She would be all hunched over and off balance which would make playing Tennis very difficult.

i understand the reasons for her physique, she's a professional athlete after all.

and i'm not saying it is an ugly one, i just don't find it attractive and don't consider that statement to be offensive one single bit.

I like muscle on a woman and she's definitely not too muscular in my book. Not that it's important, just saying. I do not like it when women with a bit of muscle get crap about it, my sister-in-law demeans them all the time... I've taken to telling her she doesn't know what an attractive woman is anymore than I know an attractive guy (I probably know attractive guys better than most women know attractive women, but that's ok).

that is a matter of taste, and as such there is no point in discussing it.

some people think of serena williams as the best looking woman ever to have walked the earth, some find her hideous, and most of us are somewhere inbetween.

the same goes for evey single person on this earth.

for example, i like women swimmers body type, which is certainly muscular but not too much, at least in my book.

Why so serious? You weren't the one calling Serena "manly" or making proclamations about "the Jews".

so, saying serena is too muscular for one's liking is the same as saying being jewish is a personal choice and as such can be mocked?

also, it's reason enough for one to be considered troglodyte?

wow... just wow...

Just one more page...Just one more page...Then it dies...

Well, how can I not, then?

I've just seen, troglodyte, privilege and even a caveman reference. But, what I want to know is, how does Woz's impression realate to Williams' agency? I barely know the meaning of the word in this context, apparently it's internet de rigueur.

Archived