TTTNE: 373 - Raid the Villages and Raze the Castles (Viking Theme)

King Euron Swagjoy

:grouphug:

Ask your girl for her notes and that she explains the stuff to you.

I partly used her notes, and thought I understood. Apparantly I did not.

Eeeek, sorry to hear that, Crown :-( Economics is a yucky subject

Yeah, and I want to study (business) economics...

I have to do some serious studying next time, as opposed to the day-before-studying.

I partly used her notes, and thought I understood. Apparantly I did not.

Yeah, and I want to study (business) economics...

I have to do some serious studying next time, as opposed to the day-before-studying.

If it helps, I've just had another slap on the wrist because my class was too noisy yesterday.

Sometimes you can't do right for doing wrong.

Good morning,

I'm a bit zoinked from watching the Hobbit at the midnight premiere last night :drunk:

Totally unrelatedly, if anyone would like to receive a Christmas/ New years card from me, please PM me your address :)

(and also tell me if you're offended by the term Christmas and which flavour of midwinter celebration you prefer, if necessary)

You have evil friends, Crown...exams and medical results would be something I'd never take the piss of anyone with.

We're used to it. It happens all the time. :lol:

I did warn you not to trust me, comes to mind.

Time to watch The Fellowship of the Ring extended edition, yay!

Morning thread

I could not post yesterday because my manager and his manager came down from the London office for a meeting with me. The discussion was about my company's move to London in March 2014 (they gave us the news about this in November 2011 so we can't say they didn't give us adequate notice) and specifically about my request for flexible working. I asked to be allowed to work two days at home and three in the office to avoid the nearly 2 hour commute at least some of the week. They have agreed to my request and so the next thing will be to decide if I want to accept the offer in London or take the redundancy package. For me that would amount to about six months salary as a tax free lump sum. Very tempting to take the money and run but what else is out there? This is a very good company to work for, lots of cool benefits (cheap books!) and they treat us well. Hell they gave us 2 and a half years notice of this move where some companies you would be lucky to get two and a half week's notice.

So lots for me to think about. My colleagues in the web production team (I am the sole web developer here in the Basingstoke office, different team, different management) were not nearly so lucky with their requests for flexible working. They have all been offered a bizarre scheme where they get to work at home one day every two weeks or something. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details but I know they are all very unhappy about it and very unlikely to make the move. So this will probably be our last Christmas together as a group in this office. Very sad but times they do keep a-changing and all'a that.

Morning all

I still can't wear dress shoes and it has been 3 weeks. Does this mean I broke my toe? :lol: too late really to worry about that.

Today is a sugar cookie contest at work...a baking contest, not an eating contest :lol: I made my stained glass cookies (see the cookie thread in gen chat)

Congrats KEG, great theme. A holiday present for your spam wife? :lol:

Missed the race like a fool, fell asleep. KC, you're the best :P

Can't stay now, but everyone have a good day.

I suppose a Greyjoy fits the theme :lol:

Congrats on the win KEG! Vikings? :uhoh:

Checkin in on the Spam from work :) I missed the race of course, nothing new under the sun.

Welcome back Liar! :cheers: for the Liar family!

You're so not having a viking theme without me. :pirate:

Hello, TTNE people! :)

Hi Julifay and welcome to Spamland :D

Welcome to TTTNE, Julifay! :cheers:

Just breezing through.

Aly - glad you enjoyed the midnight premiere. I'm hoping to see it in a week or 2 when things slow down a bit for me.

pMG- lots of big decisions on the horizon. Good luck. :grouphug: Glad to hear they're being accommodating about working from home part-time.

Lany - I hope you feel better soon! :grouphug: Did you go to the dr? If not, now might be the time...

:grouphug: and :kiss: for everyone else. Gotta get back to work. :leaving:

Archived