Confessions...Say What! V.9

Winter's Knight

I will never understand how Stannis gets so much more fanatic love than Mance-- the guy who was elected, led his people to safety, inspires respect in everyone whose ass he kicks, doesn't burn people, is kind of a rock star, and doesn't have an irrational fear of sex?

I will never understand how Stannis gets so much more fanatic love than Mance-- the guy who was elected, led his people to safety, inspires respect in everyone whose ass he kicks, doesn't burn people, is kind of a rock star, and doesn't have an irrational fear of sex?

Mance doesn't have Stannis' sense of humor.

Hahahha yeah. Mance isnt like, my favorite dude around, but hes got so many awesome moments, and hes pretty sharp.

Stannis' humor is actually the only thing i like about him.

I think you might be projecting here... :P

Also, the reason is because Stannis is infinitely more quotable and is far more skilled at put downs.

Well, as long as the list of reasons for Mance's awesomeness doesn't include 'Stannis', he will fall short.

stannis

Oh, I love Mance as well. I mean, what's not to like about him, right? But, as it stands now, he doesn't try to be King of Westeros and isn't entitled to either so I'll just let him where he is and what he's doing at the moment.. Which doesn't look particularly good, by the way.

Stannis, on the other hand, is the rightful King of Westeros who needs a defending army of Stannisers to make other people see that he is the one and only perfectly rightful King of Westeros instead of all the others who will bend the knee after which we still destroy them.

Plus, Stannis is just awesome. He has his major flaws, like the burnings of people and I absolutely do not dispute that or his handling of Maester Cressen, but he's just plainly awesome. We need more people to realize that.

Archived