Character Sorting Game!

Saint Arya

How-to-Play:

-Sign-ups have been extended! I'll announce when they are officially closed. If you'd like to participate, see the sign up thread or PM me.

-When you sign-up please submit a general question.

-You may choose any 3 questions that are submitted to answer, also please write a short paragraph about yourself, why you love ASoIaF, who you relate to the most in the series, etc. You choose what to write and the length, whatever you think is best to describe your personality.

-If you are uncomfortable trying to encompass your awesome personality in a paragraph, feel free to write random facts about yourself or anything you might be interested in. PM me if you want me to make up some questions for you :)

-PM your answers and short paragraph to me, Saint Arya, under the heading "Character Sorting".

Once I have received everyone's PMs I will sort you into large groups. Each group will represent a round, with me posting the submitted questions and paragraphs for that round. Each round lasting until a consensus is reached for every member of the group. It will not be anonymous, but try to do your sorting based upon given answers, as well as what you know of said poster. You MUST help sort the others in your group, but you can also join in debating people outside your groups sorting.

Sound fun? :D

Lets start!!

Round One

brAnthelAstgreenseer is Garlan Tyrell

Jaime's Wench is Cersei Lannister

Julifay Greyiron is Asha Greyjoy

Rose Rivers is Arriane Martell

Top12Gun is Oberyn Martell

eddard of the house stark is Robb Stark

Round Two

DaniSnowborn is Rodrik "The Reader" Harlaw

KingEuronGreyjoy is Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Silver Spearwife is Samwell "The Slayer" Tarly

The BlackBear is Edmure "Floppy Fish" Tully

Daenerys is my Queen is Sansa Stark

Saint Arya is Asha Greyjoy

Lady Kraken is Sarella Sand

Round One

brAnthelAstgreenseer

Jaime's Wench

Julifay Greyiron

Rose Rivers

eddard of the house stark

Top12Gun

Please wait till I've posted all six entries. After they've been posted feel free to comment and debate each one till its decided who that poster is most similar to in ASoIaF. Any character is available! If you are in group one, you must give your opinion on your other group members. If you haven't entered or are waiting for your round, don't worry! Please jump in and offer your opinion too, the more the merrier :D

The next round will begin after all are sorted in this round, right now I have enough for three rounds, so I can still accept more entries :)

KC and Shadow are official guest judges ;)

brAnthelAstgreenseer

Character sortingq1) Which member of your family are you closest to?ans) My Mother.She always supports me.q2)Who is your favorite character (from anything, not just ASOIAF) and why?ans) George Costanaza: He is really funny and very real character.His character never really changes throughout the show which makes him even more awesome.q3) If you could have a superpower, what would it be?ans) i always liked time-traveller/teleporter.

About me: I'm 22 years old. Currently i have dropped out of my last semester in college and have been trying to start a business with my friends.I love sports ,i watch most of them and play most of them. ASOIAF: i think i like everything about this series . i love the writing style, love the characters,love to hate some characters , the twists and turns, the magnificent world that has been created.The character i mostly relate to: Tyrion,he is a survivor. he does or shall we say did most of the things for his family never got any recognition. he tried hard to fit into a society he didnt like -i dont like the education system under which i am but i m doing my best.He stands up for the big ocassion and is ready to give his all. He also drinks a lot ...

Jaime's Wench

It's 666 words, which is quite apt.My name is Laura, and I am a History teacher. That sounds really Starkesque – but really, being a teacher is like being a member of the Kingsguard. You make many honourable vows about how you will guide, nurture and protect your charges, but once the classroom door is closed, you go back to the same textbooks, worksheets and crusty old videos that were used on you. You impart upon them the same cynicism as was placed on you, with perhaps a little more for good measure. I’d like to think I’m not at Jaime’s level of disenchantment yet… but no doubt I will be soon. As for A Song of Ice and Fire, the reason I love it so much is that I cannot write better. I write novels in the historical genre, but my level of historical knowledge, my wit, my attention to detail and my ability to weave together a tapestry of intrigue is not to GRRM’s standard. His story is fully engaging, multi-faceted and deliciously evil. I aspire to be that good one day, but until then I look on in envy.What is your favorite memory from childhood?The memory that springs to mind is the time when me and a friend wrote a parody about our teachers and classmates. It was like the hate book in Mean Girls only intelligent. I managed to persuade my best friend to print off copies and distributed them across our year group. When our Head of Year found it, she had us stand on the long corridor between the Headmaster’s Office and the staffroom. Every teacher who walked by asked us why we were there and I took great pleasure in telling them about our parody. Our English teacher read it and praised it. It was well worth the one day suspension from school.Which of the seven deadly sins can be applied to you, and why?I would say I was full of pride and wrath. My temper is short and I have a habit of acting on impulse, then regretting it later. I was always the kids who got into fights at school and now, in working life, I do not know when to pick my battles. I will argue over every matter – and love it, especially when I am right! It will certainly get me fired one day, if not killed. My pride has subtler venom. It stops me going on dates with nice guys, it means that I cannot abide any type of criticism from anybody, and it means that I am a perfectionist in everything I do. I cried when driving home from badminton a fortnight ago, because I was beaten six times by far more experienced players. They all told me how well I was doing, how much progress I was making, and how I would be amazing by the end of the year. I smiled gracefully, but my pride was bleeding.Who is your favorite character (from anything, not just ASOIAF) and why?Heathcliff, from Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights. He is my number one inspiration when writing heroes and romance stories in my novels. He is very like Jaime in many ways: a hero whose undying love for the heroine corrupts his whole life. He lives his life in service to her, until the point when she dies, then there is only vengeance to replace love. My favorite line of any fiction comes from Heathcliff when he discovers that Cathy has died:I do believe that would be Jaime’s reaction if he discovered Cersei had died, even now.

Julifay Greyiron

Here it is. It hope it's enough, otherwise let me know and I'll add something. :)For a start, just let me throw some random facts at you:I love reading, obviously. I love learning languages, I love the sea and the woods, I like cold weather, favorite seasons are winter and spring, I love travelling, I like cute and fluffy things, I hate dumb people, I hate McDonald's food, I love food with molten cheese, I suck at sports that involve a ball, I like wearing boots, I can get annoyed very fast, I love the Greyjoys as much as JW loves Jaime, I'm interested in Vikings and other ancient cultures, I love walking barefoot, I can't sing, I procrastinate way too often, I can get pretty obsessed with something, I'm lazy, I like cats, I hate insects, I'm honest to people, I'm selfish, I'm spontaneous, I'm chaotic and pessimistic, I always do my own thing, I am impatient, I am reliable and I like to think that I'm intelligent.I love ASOIAF for the details, the stories within stories, the prophecies that come true in one way or another. I love the diverse, realistic characters, and that it's all about perspective. The character I most relate to (although not 100%) is probably Rodrik Harlaw because, well, he's Ironborn and loves to read. :DSo, what else? My favorite band is
at the moment for the epic feeling you get when listening to it, also the beautiful, mostly viking related lyrics. Favorite movies are The Road and Cloud Atlas. In my freetime I like to read, paint, write, go swimming (only in summer) and such.

If you were a king, how would you deal with a strong, rebellious vassal?Behead them for treason or just drown them in a cask of seawater to keep my precious floor clean.Rid yourself of one rebel and somewhere spawns another, so I guess I'd find out what they want first. If it's not too much I'd probably give it to them, if they're too vain though they shall regret messing with me.Which character do you most want to fuck?Euron. Must be the appeal of dangerous men. :D is your favorite character (from anything, not just ASOIAF) and why?Benjamin Linus from Lost. I love the way he plays his mindgames with everyone, he's basically the Littlefinger of the island, just without creepy affections for younger girls.What is your favorite memory from childhood?All the Christmases when all of my grandparents were still alive, I think this is relatively self-explanatory.Take your pick: lake, river or ocean?All of them have their appeals, but I pick the wide, beautiful ocean.

Rose Rivers

My answers to the thread questions:As a leader, would you rather be loved or feared?Loved! I don't believe in fear being more effective, and I wouldn't really want to control my men through fear anyway. Freedom is one of the most important things in the world to me, so I'd hate to scare that out of anyone. In my opinion, true loyalty can only be inspired by love or respect.You were granted three wishes, what do you wish for?Wishing for more wishes is not allowed.1. To only gain friends and lovers from now on, and never lose them.2. To be able to choose how much longer I and 10 other people of my choosing live for- I don't want to die for a long, long time when there's still so much to see and do, but I don't want to live alone either.3. To have an inexhaustible amount of money- I want to go a lot of places!If you could have a superpower, what would it be?I'd want to be able to teleport through space and time. Imagine popping up wherever and whenever you wanted! The idea of being there for important moments in history, or just things like Woodstock, is one of the best things I can think of.

And a paragraph about myself:I'm really awful at writing about myself, it reminds me of those things you had to do in primary school when you got a new teacher. I'm rebellious, loyal, adventurous, meditative, quick-tempered, inquisitive, original and fascinated with the occult. I warned you that I'm awful at these things. I'd say my best qualities are that I'm loving, open-minded and quick-witted. My worst qualities are that I can be hypersensitive and cruel if I'm upset, and I'm irresponsible and stubborn. Right! The ASOIAF thing! I love it because of the escapism it provides, and how it blends magic and politics. I love that there are no clear 'good guys' and 'bad guys' and that GRRM doesn't tell us what to think about anything or anyone, but rather lets us make up our own minds. I also love how richly detailed the world is, with all the legends etc. It's amazing what these forums can come up with because of the huge amount of material GRRM gives us. Basically, I just love how detailed the entire world of Westeros and Essos is, and how you get the sense that every character has a life of their own. It's full of surprises, and it seems like the reader will never know the full story. I guess the character that I relate most to is Bran, because he's dreamy and strong-minded. Arianne is definitely up there too, because she's calculating, impulsive and ambitious. There's some Arya and Mance in there somewhere... probably because of my hatred for authority.That's it! Thanks St. Arya :)

eddard of the house stark

Would you eat penguin if offered?Sure. Not raw, right?Prefer bacon or ham?Ham. I'm not that into bacon. Favorite movie? Kind of hard to choose but I'll say the GodfatherAre you a neat/tidy person? Not really neat or tidy. My bed is almost never tidy. Would you rather be a bear or a shark?A shark. I'll get to do whatever I want. Also, I prefer the sea. (please don't make me an Ironborn) What is your opinion on ghosts?I'll believe there are ghosts when I see one.

Now I post a question and PM you my answers on three questions from the thread?

Who's your favorite character (not just from ASOIAF) and why?The Joker!Because he never disappoints. The "bad guys" are always the most compelling.If you were a king, how would you deal with a strong, rebellious vassal?Call the banners and embargo. After winning the war, (considering that as the king I have the largest army and they are running short of supplies) I would execute the high lords of the houses that rebelled against the realm, take the youngest son/daughter as a hostage(ward) and appoint the next in the line of succession as lord of each house. If there's not anyone left, then I would give the castle to one of my Bannermen (or to one of my family).As a leader, would you rather be loved or feared?"Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me" from the Office :DI would rather be loved but also respected. But I would rather gain their love and respect. Not demand it unconditionally.Choose wisely. ;)

Top12Gun

1. If you were a king, how would you deal with a strong, rebellious vassal? This is situation specific. If they have minor requests and loss of face is not major, concede them graciously. If they are unreasonable, make Tywin Lannister look saintly for his dealings with the Reynes of Castamere. After I'm done with them, give the majority of their assets to my most loyal vassal in a very public way.2. Which of the seven deadly sins can be applied to you, and why? Wrath - I'm easily pissed off, though I can hide it. Pride - I sometimes have too much confidence in my own abilities, often not thinking to ask for help until I'm completely overwhelmed (which admittedly isn't often, but when it does, pride's a problem.)3. How do you react to stressful situations which require you to make decisions quickly? Easily. Combat is fun as hell (despite the inherent risk, and as stupid as that sounds), and things like sports have come pretty naturally. I thrive on "stress", it's when I have no stimulation that I go nuts. I relate best to Jaime Lannister: Often pretty confident in myself, but like Jaime before losing his hand, that's not often misplaced. I enjoy ASOIF primarily because of the opportunity to play mental chess figuring out what LF and Varys are up to, as well as enjoying the court intrigue. Don't have much else, so here you are. Lemme know if you want more, and specify in what area please. ;)

I'll have to think a while about the others, but Rose Rivers is definitely a wildling (with a hint of Ironborn) to me, Free Folk to be more specific.

My answers to the thread questions:As a leader, would you rather be loved or feared?Loved! I don't believe in fear being more effective, and I wouldn't really want to control my men through fear anyway. Freedom is one of the most important things in the world to me, so I'd hate to scare that out of anyone. In my opinion, true loyalty can only be inspired by love or respect.You were granted three wishes, what do you wish for? (Wishing for more wishes is not allowed.1. To only gain friends and lovers from now on, and never lose them.2. To be able to choose how much longer I and 10 other people of my choosing live for- I don't want to die for a long, long time when there's still so much to see and do, but I don't want to live alone either.3. To have an inexhaustible amount of money- I want to go a lot of places!If you could have a superpower, what would it be?I'd want to be able to teleport through space and time. Imagine popping up wherever and whenever you wanted! The idea of being there for important moments in history, or just things like Woodstock, is one of the best things I can think of.And a paragraph about myself:I'm really awful at writing about myself, it reminds me of those things you had to do in primary school when you got a new teacher. I'm rebellious, loyal, adventurous, meditative, quick-tempered, inquisitive, original and fascinated with the occult. I warned you that I'm awful at these things. I'd say my best qualities are that I'm loving, open-minded and quick-witted. My worst qualities are that I can be hypersensitive and cruel if I'm upset, and I'm irresponsible and stubborn. Right! The ASOIAF thing! I love it because of the escapism it provides, and how it blends magic and politics. I love that there are no clear 'good guys' and 'bad guys' and that GRRM doesn't tell us what to think about anything or anyone, but rather lets us make up our own minds. I also love how richly detailed the world is, with all the legends etc. It's amazing what these forums can come up with because of the huge amount of material GRRM gives us. Basically, I just love how detailed the entire world of Westeros and Essos is, and how you get the sense that every character has a life of their own. It's full of surprises, and it seems like the reader will never know the full story. I guess the character that I relate most to is Bran, because he's dreamy and strong-minded. Arianne is definitely up there too, because she's calculating, impulsive and ambitious. There's some Arya and Mance in there somewhere... probably because of my hatred for authority.

Like she said, I think there's some of Mance in her, but I'm leaning towards Ygritte. Might change later though.

Julifay, I've just read yours. You've given us so much... but I no character is springing out. I see a bit of Asha, but I can't pin this down yet.

You say you write, what do you write?

I mostly write short stories and such, with school still going on I don't have the nerves for something bigger, although I do have some ideas for an actual novel (which would be low fantasy I think).

And yeah, the sorting is harder than I thought! For most of people I have no idea, there's always a bit of many different characters in there.

Btw, I love your childhood memory. :D Sounds like something Arya would do.

I mostly write short stories and such, with school still going on I don't have the nerves for something bigger, although I do have some ideas for an actual novel (which would be low fantasy I think).

And yeah, the sorting is harder than I thought! For most of people I have no idea, there's always a bit of many different characters in there.

Btw, I love your childhood memory. :D Sounds like something Arya would do.

Don't overthink it too much. I often just have an idea and roll with it. If it dies, I bury it. If it lives, I talk about it constantly until people cave in and offer to read it. Thanks, the childhood memory is quite Arya-ish in many ways. It was entirely an attention-seeking exercise, mind.

I'm not sure of the sorting of any of these test, mostly because they lack information or there are too many different characters in them, but I'll give it a try.

Top12Gun's reminds me of a Martell.

1. If you were a king, how would you deal with a strong, rebellious vassal? This is situation specific. If they have minor requests and loss of face is not major, concede them graciously. If they are unreasonable, make Tywin Lannister look saintly (reminds me of Oberyn vs. Gregor) for his dealings with the Reynes of Castamere. After I'm done with them, give the majority of their assets to my most loyal vassal in a very public way.2. Which of the seven deadly sins can be applied to you, and why? Wrath - I'm easily pissed off, though I can hide it. Pride - I sometimes have too much confidence in my own abilities, often not thinking to ask for help until I'm completely overwhelmed (which admittedly isn't often, but when it does, pride's a problem.)3. How do you react to stressful situations which require you to make decisions quickly? Easily. Combat is fun as hell (despite the inherent risk, and as stupid as that sounds), and things like sports have come pretty naturally. I thrive on "stress", it's when I have no stimulation that I go nuts. I relate best to Jaime Lannister: Often pretty confident in myself, but like Jaime before losing his hand, that's not often misplaced. I enjoy ASOIF primarily because of the opportunity to play mental chess figuring out what LF and Varys are up to, as well as enjoying the court intrigue

Maybe Oberyn? Some additional info would surely help.

brAnthelAstgreenseer:

q1) Which member of your family are you closest to?ans) My Mother.She always supports me.q2)Who is your favorite character (from anything, not just ASOIAF) and why?ans) George Costanaza: He is really funny and very real character.His character never really changes throughout the show which makes him even more awesome.q3) If you could have a superpower, what would it be?ans) i always liked time-traveller/teleporter.

About me: I'm 22 years old. Currently i have dropped out of my last semester in college and have been trying to start a business with my friends.I love sports ,i watch most of them and play most of them. ASOIAF: i think i like everything about this series . i love the writing style, love the characters,love to hate some characters , the twists and turns, the magnificent world that has been created.The character i mostly relate to: Tyrion,he is a survivor. he does or shall we say did most of the things for his family never got any recognition. he tried hard to fit into a society he didnt like -i dont like the education system under which i am but i m doing my best.He stands up for the big ocassion and is ready to give his all. He also drinks a lot ...

Too less information! The red part reminds me of Loras, ambitious and sporty. The green part reminds me of Jon Snow.

More info please!

I see Tyrion in Topgun's answers - especially about playing mental chess with GRRM and having lots of pride (not accepting help). He is also often confident in himself and a fighter... though, not the obvious warrior, he is very good at both mental combat and the stress of political combat. He also didn't too bad in the Blackwater and Vale, to be fair on him. Yes, Tyrion, for now.

The Ned:

Would you eat penguin if offered?Sure. Not raw, right?Prefer bacon or ham?Ham. I'm not that into bacon. Favorite movie? Kind of hard to choose but I'll say the GodfatherAre you a neat/tidy person? Not really neat or tidy. My bed is almost never tidy. Would you rather be a bear or a shark?A shark. I'll get to do whatever I want. Also, I prefer the sea. (please don't make me an Ironborn) What is your opinion on ghosts?I'll believe there are ghosts when I see one.

Who's your favorite character (not just from ASOIAF) and why?The Joker!Because he never disappoints. The "bad guys" are always the most compelling.If you were a king, how would you deal with a strong, rebellious vassal?Call the banners and embargo. After winning the war, (considering that as the king I have the largest army and they are running short of supplies) I would execute the high lords of the houses that rebelled against the realm, take the youngest son/daughter as a hostage(ward) and appoint the next in the line of succession as lord of each house. If there's not anyone left, then I would give the castle to one of my Bannermen (or to one of my family).As a leader, would you rather be loved or feared?"Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me" from the Office :DI would rather be loved but also respected. But I would rather gain their love and respect. Not demand it unconditionally.Choose wisely. ;)

All I get for this one is Robert Baratheon, though the sentence I marked red doesn't fit. And same here, some more info would be nice.

Archived