Character Sorting Game!

Saint Arya

I am in a really evil mood today because someone at work has majorly pissed me off. So I am quite grateful for those extra Cersei votes - quite empowering!

(Plus Jaime and I moved onto a discussion of snogging today... and it was him who brought it up!)

I am doing Rose River's app now :-D

My answers to the thread questions:As a leader, would you rather be loved or feared?Loved! I don't believe in fear being more effective, and I wouldn't really want to control my men through fear anyway. Freedom is one of the most important things in the world to me, so I'd hate to scare that out of anyone. In my opinion, true loyalty can only be inspired by love or respect. Quite a Tully response, methinks. I am getting an Edmure vibe. You were granted three wishes, what do you wish for?Wishing for more wishes is not allowed.1. To only gain friends and lovers from now on, and never lose them. Edmure, again. 2. To be able to choose how much longer I and 10 other people of my choosing live for- I don't want to die for a long, long time when there's still so much to see and do, but I don't want to live alone either.3. To have an inexhaustible amount of money- I want to go a lot of places! Money for adventure is not Tully, though - I would say Arya for this! If you could have a superpower, what would it be?I'd want to be able to teleport through space and time. Imagine popping up wherever and whenever you wanted! The idea of being there for important moments in history, or just things like Woodstock, is one of the best things I can think of. I agree with that! It would be amazing. I still get an Edmure vibe, with a little bit of Tyrion (his desire to go to the Wall, his recent adventures in Essos)

And a paragraph about myself:I'm really awful at writing about myself, it reminds me of those things you had to do in primary school when you got a new teacher. The teacher never bothers to read them. I'm rebellious, loyal, adventurous, meditative, quick-tempered, inquisitive, original and fascinated with the occult. Apart from the last part, I would say Edmure. Your fascination for the occult could you make you one of R'hollar's gang though. I warned you that I'm awful at these things. I'd say my best qualities are that I'm loving, open-minded and quick-witted. My worst qualities are that I can be hypersensitive and cruel if I'm upset, and I'm irresponsible and stubborn.Defo Edmure here. Right! The ASOIAF thing! I love it because of the escapism it provides, and how it blends magic and politics. I love that there are no clear 'good guys' and 'bad guys' and that GRRM doesn't tell us what to think about anything or anyone, but rather lets us make up our own minds. I agree, but no one character springs out here. I also love how richly detailed the world is, with all the legends etc. It's amazing what these forums can come up with because of the huge amount of material GRRM gives us. Tyrion-ish, but not very strong. Basically, I just love how detailed the entire world of Westeros and Essos is, and how you get the sense that every character has a life of their own. It's full of surprises, and it seems like the reader will never know the full story. I guess the character that I relate most to is Bran, because he's dreamy and strong-minded. Arianne is definitely up there too, because she's calculating, impulsive and ambitious. There's some Arya and Mance in there somewhere... probably because of my hatred for authority. Interesting - your perception of yourself is very different to what I saw in your app. But then I think Edmure perceives himself differently to how he presents himself. That's it! Thanks St. Arya :)

Ok I am going for Edmure for Rose Rivers -- see reasons above!

eddard : choose any1 between Tywin Lannister or Robert Baratheon

How can you compare those two?

Robert:

Ignorant king, fond of whores and wine. Laughs easily.

Tywin:

Definitely not ignorant. Cruel. Not fond of whores, at all.

Not a man of easy smiles.

The only thing that those two have in common is that they were capable commanders

How can you compare those two?

Robert:

Ignorant king, fond of whores and wine. Laughs easily.

Tywin:

Definitely not ignorant. Cruel. Not fond of whores, at all.

Not a man of easy smiles.

The only thing that those two have in common is that they were capable commanders

Tywin loved whores but he kept it well buried (ugly truth revealed itself in the end with poor Shae). Do you see yourself as Tywin?

Well, to me, Juli is a book-loving Asha :lol: She seems independant, strong and decided, and she's an Ironborn, so Asha it is, even though she's not much of a reader, she fits for everything else.

Jaime's Wench is a Sand Snake, your other username suited you very well! :P Vengeful, quick in anger, proud, a perfectionist... Maybe Obara, but I'm not sure. Or Tyene.

Ned, I would've sorted you as an Ironborn :whip: But you're King Bob.

Rose, you are Arianne. Hypersensitive, quick-tempered, curious, open-minded...

Top12Gun is Oberyn Martell.

I'm finding it hard to place branthelastgreenseer... I'll go back to your test later!

For eddard of the house stark, maybe Robb Stark? Capable commander, wants to earn love and respect rather than demand it, strict with rebellious bannerman/vassals but not cruel. Between Tywin and King Bob, which seem the more popular choices, I'd say Bob because I think Tywin would have answered the loved or feared question with feared.

For branthelastgreenseer, I think Garlan Tyrell fits. He's athletic and was one of the only people who appreciated Tyrion after the Battle of Blackwater, so that fits in with bran's admiration of him.

brAnthelAstgreenseer: I'm getting Tyrion for you. There's a bit of Bronn in there, but because i get the impression of you being more witty and talkative, i'm going to go with Tyrion.

Eddard of the House Stark: I was thinking Robb, but you seem tougher than him, and more of a wartime leader than a peacetime one. So i'll say Robert Baratheon. Also, i feel like Robb is a bit too Tully to eat a penguin.

Julifay Greyiron: Asha. There's definitely some Arya and Robb in you, but Asha sticks out the most. I get the impression that you're a survivor, who would continue to do their own thing until it kills you. I don't get much of a sense of duty, so that's why i picked Asha over Robb. Arya or Asha was a tough one... i'm still a bit on the fence there. The only thing that decided it for me was that you like reading and learning, which i don't think Arya particularly cares about.

Top12Gun: Hmm.... i initially thought Jaime, but then i got to the mental chess. On a second read, you're definitely Oberyn! I can picture you getting into a situation like Oberyn and GregCleg so easily, and that combined with the mental chess... i've never seen a more Oberyn-like person in my life!

Jaime's Wench: For now i'm going to stick with Arianne, but i'm also seeing Daenerys. Not so much though... IMO, you're wiser than her. The childhood memory screamed Arianne to me though. Clever, cheeky and defiant.

brAnthelAstgreenseer - Garlan Tyrell. Atheletic, does things for his family though he doesn't get enough recognition (compared to Loras). re-doing this test

Jaime's Wench - Oberyn Martell. Intelligent & takes pride in it, spunky, rebellious, passionate, will make war for love. I could see where the Sand Snakes votes come from & I guess Sarella could be the female version of Oberyn, but I'll go with my first choice because afaik they aren't as smart as Oberyn. :)

Julifay Greyiron - Arya Stark. Because of almost all the random facts that you listed .. Curious, loves to travel, impatient, likes to make the decisions for herself, & danger attracts you :smoking:

Rose Rivers - Arianne Martell. Values her prerogative, loving & passionate. Also because of every other qualities you listed ..

eddard of the house stark - Mance Rayder. Daring, desires respect from others.

Top12Gun - Confident, proud, a bit of a Jaime except more analytical, so Tywin Lannister.

I am still not sure about being a Sand Snake. I do think I lack their confident sexuality (though I certainly display it at times, I know). I am a sensual person, but not a sexual person, if you know what I mean. As for impulsiveness. I decided last week that I wanted to move out of the family home. I sent out an enquiry about a house in Lincoln last night whilst in a steaming rage about not having digs in Lincoln for the Xmas do. I am going to view that house in a few hours. I will say yes if there's nothing that stands out with big, bold lights to make me say no. Even though it will burn a massive hole in my pocket.

On that note, I want to be able to do the three I haven't done in the same level of detail as the others, so I will do them tonight. This and going to ride my horse (young, recently backed horse that hasn't been ridden in three weeks... all on my lonesome) has to take priority.

To all the people that say I'm Bob. I'm not like that in any way (I think). I'm quiet (most of the time), a bit shy, and not very talkative. And let's not forget that he didn't deal with the Greyjoys like I said I would treat with rebels.

Jaime's Wench: I see just a little bit of Cersei(although she claims she is Cersei). I get a little Dany vibe from her as well. The character although she is most like, is a sand snake. The one that Shadow mentioned (Nymeria?)

Rose Rivers: I'm between Arya and Arianne. Leaning towards Arianne.

Top12gun: Tywin

Julfay: Kind of reminds me of Arya, but my official vote is Dany

I have no clue for brAnthelAstgreenseer. Need more info.

if you want me to answer more questions, i'll do that

Might change my vote for you because I just read the house sorting test again & I'm reminded that I got a Greyjoy vibe from your answers there:

What do you do with captured enemies?

i believe in an eye for an eye ..literally..you made someone a cripple i will cut your legs...

Which animal do you most identify with and why?

Elephants because they are vegetarians like me but if someone tries to hurt them they let them have it just like me..

How do you go about achieving what you want?

stretching the limits of law until i deem it to be immoral

... Among others, & the attributes you listed.

Some random facts (or answer more of the questions we posted on the sign-up) would help a lot, especially since your result on the last test was a Faceless Man ;)

Archived