Who is your favorite character because some aspect of their

Where Boars Glow

How dare he think your'e like Cersei, i know you have a gentle and kind heart.

Just like Dany hehe :)

I don't know you :) I just noticed you listed most of the other strong will female characters and left Asha and Cersi off the list :)

Ohhhhh ok (:

As a bookish smartass, Tyrion is the character I identify with the most.

I kinda identify with Tyrion as well. :)

I relate to Stannis some because my family is very much about Duty (to country, community, and family). My father was a General and was never anything but brutally honest and blunt (emphasis on the blunt). Seriously, we had weekly "homework" on military matters and strategy--I got my lifelong love of history and military history from my father. I most relate to Sam though. My family comes from a proud military tradition and out of five siblings I was the only one that never served. I never wanted to learn to shoot. I wanted to read. I've always loved books and learning new things so it wasn't a surprise to anyone that I became a professor and scholar.

That makes a lot of sense. My dad was a marine drill sergeant so i think i can relate somewhat. I could definitely see thinking back on childhood finding Stannis sense of rigid justice and honor to be appealing.

my favorite character is tyrion and i definitely relate to his character. why?

• i completely believe that my mind is my armor
  • i read constantly (all night, if i can)
  • i get along well enough with people while not being the most popular one in the room
  • i like a good wine :P
  • i look out for broken things
  • i have been known to say a witty thing or two
  • i come from a family that thinks very highly of themselves and is used to a certain type of status
  • i am currently having a major "disagreement" with my brother. but i'm about to forgive him and make nice-nice again since we have always been very close
  • i am intrigued by the game
  • i am willing to defend myself with everything i have but i would need a "bronn" to help me out of the worst of situations
  • i am fascinated by dragons
  • i like cyvasse chess
  • i , uhm, enjoy the company of the opposite sex and jon and i would defnitely be "buddies" :leer:

but that's it. i'm not short. i do not have violent tendencies. my eyes are the same color. and i was my father's favorite :wub: perhaps that's why i don't have violent tendencies.

eta: forgot to say i'm not a man

Very cool. I also have always liked Tyrion as a character...even now after ADWD.

As someone who is used to being fairly socially adept I understand the importance of letting the wheels fly off the wagon every once in a while because you can't play the likeable jester all the time :)

Well my favorite character is Dany and Arya, I can relate to them because they have a strong will and are young. Though personality wise I would be more like Darkstar or Tywin, sinister but I don't like Tywin. B)

Darkstar has a personailty? :)

I think when having my own preconceived notions effect how much i like a character it has less to do with the positive traits a character has....and more to do with if I can empathize with the negative traits a character has more then i can like the character in spite of their faults, and relate to them.

For example Varys, Littlefinger, Jamie are all characters i think i relate to better then a lot of people since i myself struggle with being a bit....lets say calculated, or cold. I'm not proud of it but it is who i am. So when i read of the previous three characters doing something mathematical that seems horrible emotionally I think i have more of a tendency to give them a bye.

Where as Eddard, Cat, Sansa, Stannis......do things that seem so impractical and obviously not in the best interest of their personal and family goals....I find myself getting genuinely angry at their naivety. Perhaps that is me to a point getting mad at myself for not being able to follow my own heart in the face of reason more often.

Wow....that was some cathartic posting right there

:cool4:

• 3 weeks later...

my favorite character is tyrion and i definitely relate to his character. why?

• i completely believe that my mind is my armor
  • i read constantly (all night, if i can)
  • i get along well enough with people while not being the most popular one in the room
  • i like a good wine :P
  • i look out for broken things
  • i have been known to say a witty thing or two
  • i come from a family that thinks very highly of themselves and is used to a certain type of status
  • i am currently having a major "disagreement" with my brother. but i'm about to forgive him and make nice-nice again since we have always been very close
  • i am intrigued by the game
  • i am willing to defend myself with everything i have but i would need a "bronn" to help me out of the worst of situations
  • i am fascinated by dragons
  • i like cyvasse chess
  • i , uhm, enjoy the company of the opposite sex and jon and i would defnitely be "buddies" :leer:

but that's it. i'm not short. i do not have violent tendencies. my eyes are the same color. and i was my father's favorite :wub: perhaps that's why i don't have violent tendencies.

eta: forgot to say i'm not a man

You are my mental twin

Well, my 3 favorite characters are Jaime, Stannis and Sansa and you can see they have pretty much nothing in common...

I have a strict sense of duty, justice and righfulness (sp), and all my friends say I'm kinda boring for that, just like people think of Stannis lol.

I also like to find the best in every person/situation, and I guess to still believe in justice and always do what's right, you have to be a bit of a naive, idealistic and romantic, like Sansa

I have nothing in common with Jaime though, maybe only his witty humor, but I'm closer to Stannis in that matter (seriously, I'm always confuse people droping jokes in the middle of a serious conversation, but still looking damn serious) XD

EDIT: maybe Jaime have in common with Stannis (and me) the fact that they always do what they think is right, no matter what :dunno: , that would be another think in common with Jaime

Lysa Tully... Sadly I have spent a lot of time convinced someone was in love with me and we were meant to be together only to have them toss me out a moon door... figuratively...

But I actually Hate Lysa for this reason... and strangely Littlefinger is my favorite character... Guess I never learn.

Archived