What would you do if Stannis died?

Cardinal Sin

'all the time' that is a bit of an exageration.

Maybe.

he crushed men who were running for their lives from the others.

What? They were in a direct attack on his realm.

robb and balon fought for the freedom of their peoples and revenge.

The freedom of their people? Who was opressing them? Were robb and balon going to do away with the feudal system?

naa they had no means to cross the wall with jon leading the deffeence.

They were close to getting over and jon was with the wildlings at the time, not leading the defence.

what.. he had a huge advantage in all his battles, fair isles, royal fleet is far superior to iron fleet. dragonstones, the defenders were on the verge of diving uo D+V I can't imagine they put up much resistance, at the wall, the wildlings and their sticks could do noting against mounted men of steal.storms end, the strongest castle in westeros.

How is the royal fleet in any way better then the iron fleet? The iron fleet is made of the best ships possible with the best seafarers in westeros.

Who cares about Stannis? We have a King in the North.

(and to answer the OP, I would probably do a jig if it meant that I never had to endure another "Stannis' Greatest Hits" post from E Ro) :cool4:

ETA: added emoticon to convey humor

You realize that were Stannis to die E-Ro would probably spend the rest of time eulogizing him...

To answer the OP: Mourn for the realm that might have been. For peace, for justice, for Stannis.

I've accepted that Stannis will die. It's pretty much a given. However, when the time comes, I feel my previous "acceptance" will go out the window and I will cry in the fetal position for an estimated 10-15 minutes. I will rip the tear-soaked page out, and curse all the cruel gods that did this to him. Finally, I will chuck the book into the flames, in honor of one of the greatest Kings to ever live.

A little extreme I guess, but seriously, I'd be mad.

Thanks for the answers, all very fun to read :)

As for me, I will throw down my book in frustration and moan loudly. Then I'll get on with the book and add some incoherent, sad rambling to the thread to be opened by E-Ro.

Moreover, as I seriously oppose the idea of the likes of Tyrion, Jon and Dany taking over the kingdom (honestly, Jon and Dany get everything shoved up their a..., be it Valyrian sword, Dragons or position as LC of the NW, and Tyrion became a whining loser in the course of the most recent book), I will shift my allegiance to Aegon.

And trash everybody who doubts that Aegon is legit :P

it matters in westerosi culture as does point 7, especialy for a man who is meant to be so honerable

No one cares about this. Numerous lords have basterds and mistresses. As for kinslaying, ordering the death and doing it yourself are different things.

Continue reading, mildly disturbed by the fact that house Baratheon will be extinct in the male line.

I'm king in the North all the way and the Red wedding has made me ready for every shock(what does not kill me makes me stronger and all that :hat: )

Oh, I'm also rooting for a King in the North, if they ever want it. But Stannis is the rightful King of Westeros and he is the only one who has to get the Throne. Not the Iron Throne itself, mind you, before Daenerysfans are coming in saying things like ''THE IRON THRONE IS FROM THE TARGARYENSSSSSS''. It's just a Throne, not the Kingship. But Stannis is the only rightful King of Westeros. I will accept no other.

Unless Rickon wants to be King in the North.

Does that make me a hypocrite? Obviously. But my love for the Starks is somewhat greater than my allegiance to Stannis.

Oh, I'm also rooting for a King in the North, if they ever want it. But Stannis is the rightful King of Westeros and he is the only one who has to get the Throne. Not the Iron Throne itself, mind you, before Daenerysfans are coming in saying things like ''THE IRON THRONE IS FROM THE TARGARYENSSSSSS''. It's just a Throne, not the Kingship. But Stannis is the only rightful King of Westeros. I will accept no other.

Unless Rickon wants to be King in the North.

Does that make me a hypocrite? Obviously. But my love for the Starks is somewhat greater than my allegiance to Stannis.

^^^^ This besides that Stannis is the rightful king. Anyways Stark love should outweigh EVERYTHING.

I don't think the Baratheons will go extinct. There is still Stannis' daughter and a bunch of Roberts' bastards to legitimize(I hope whoever sits the throne or what not legitimizes some of them)I hope the houses that will be extinct are Lannister/Fray/Bolton but if not its whatever

I hope no house goes extinct. It really saddens me to see houses that have lasted hundreds or even thousand of years going extinct just like that. House Baratheon going extinct would make me even more sad than Stannis's death.

yea, burn me like all those people King Stick up the Ass sets on fire.

I can accept you criticizing him for burning people, that's obviously very bad. But the stick up the ass is half the reason Stannis is such a great character, you can't knock him for the thing that makes him such a great read!

Can we call Stannis a kinslayer? He didn't kill Renly with his own hands but it was his shadow/shade.

Yes we can and if I didn't want to talk about Stannis anymore than I need to I would call him some other things. He did it, he executed it by magic or an on hands thing, he did it.

Yes we can and if I didn't want to talk about Stannis anymore than I need to I would call him some other things. He did it, he executed it by magic or an on hands thing, he did it.

What was he supposed to do? Let his brother kill him? Let the laws of succesion go unheeded resulting in a war every time a lord or king dies?

I do have to say that I heard a lot of pro Stannis things on these forums and on my reread I started paying more attention to him and I appreciate him more and more, but if his interest collide with Stark interest then I will be rooting for the Direwolf!

Archived