A FEAST FOR CROWS - THE "GODFATHER 3" OF THE ICE AND FIRE SERIES?

STANN1SBARATHEON

Like Godfather 3, is Crows just misunderstood? i've heard from many people of ice and fire fandom say it was their least favorite of the series. in fact, i believe it was the only book out of them all not to be number one on the new york times best sellers list when it was released.

but i for one really enjoyed it when i first read it, the brienne stuff in the middle was my least favorite, but all the king's landing intrigue i found enthralling, Qyburn emerged as the most interesting and one of my favorite characters, and the ending was awesome, total cliffhanger that left me wanting more. and so many new awesome characters and settings. the crow's eye and the kingsmoot. the dragon horn. uncat and ungregor. brienne on the end of a noose and jamie lannister actually becoming likeable? and who knows what jaquen is up to down at the citadel, not to mention the sphinx, marwen, and the rest.

i just finished my second read through of Crows recently, and immediately followed it with dragons, and knowing where each chapter is in each book in the timeline of events and where they converge into one, it made me appreciate Martin and his work so much more! your thoughts?

• 3 months later...

Archived