Which dead characters will return in WOW?

BearandMaidenFair

What do you mean by dead returning? Supposedly dead people being found out to be alive (Sandor, Ashara, Benjen) or more undead like UnCat or wights?

Anyway UnGregor will reveal his identity, some of NW brothers or wildlings Jon liked will become wights an we will see living Sandor again, most probably in Jaime's POV.

Poor Stannis, as soon as he realize this, quite sure he want to takes a very, very complete shower.

Speaking of which, I know it's been implied by some characters in the books that Mel and Stannis are sleeping together and I know in the show it's confirmed that they are, but it is officially cannon that they are having sex? Just curious if anyone knew if GRRM had confirmed it anywhere.

We will discover Melisandre has been dead/undead the whole time.

it has been conjectured that she had been kissed by R'hllor similarly to what Thoros of Myr does with Beric Dondarrion. it is supported in a fashion by Mel's chapter in ADwD where she thinks, "Food. Yes, I should eat." R'hllor provides all the nourishment her body needs, but that was something best concealed from mortal men. Neither Beric, Cat nor Robert Strong eat anymore. She could use R'hllor's kiss to resurrect Jon, but the only other time someone previously dead used the kiss was Beric upon Catelyn, and that was fatal to Beric. Would it be fatal for mMel as well? Would that make her Jon's Nissa Nissa? Questions we will never have answers for until GRRM releases TWoW.

Speaking of which, I know it's been implied by some characters in the books that Mel and Stannis are sleeping together and I know in the show it's confirmed that they are, but it is officially cannon that they are having sex? Just curious if anyone knew if GRRM had confirmed it anywhere.

Yes, indirectly. In the same chapter I quoted above, we have the line:

With Stannis gone, her bed found little use.

We also know that the people referred to as queen's men are loyal to her-not Selyse.

How do you think Shadow Babies are made?! :dunno:

But all kidding aside... Sandor's coming back. GRRM didn't devote a whole chapter to the Quiet Isle and drop major hints for nothing. I don't think Jon really died. I think it was just a nasty cliffhanger. But I have no evidence for that, just a gut feeling.

And Gregor is coming back, if you count that as alive.

It could mean that since Stannis was now in danger's way, Mel is too busy working on her flames and has no time to sleep. And remember she uses "her bed", not "Stannis' bed"

But she sleeps as little as she can, anyway. Too afraid of darkness and dreams that are "whispers of the Great Other". So no real change there...

i think robert strong is undead gregor clegane so we'll definitely be seeing him.

But i also have a really strong feeling we might really find out what happened to benjen stark as martin has told us we're gonna go further north than ever before and he i think will be part of that not sure how yet though

I'm actually not convinced Sandor will make a reappearance. The little eulogy he receives from the Elder Brother serves as a nice coda to his story, and I'm not sure there is anywhere else to take him. That being said, he *could* come back, of course: Jaime and Brienne are right there in the Riverlands - looking for Sansa no less - and "Robert Strong" will be a nigh unstoppable. It will take a man of tremendous strength to end him...

Jon is 100% not gone, though I'm not sure he'll immediately return as a man.

I'm actually not convinced Sandor will make a reappearance. The little eulogy he receives from the Elder Brother serves as a nice coda to his story, and I'm not sure there is anywhere else to take him. That being said, he *could* come back, of course: Jaime and Brienne are right there in the Riverlands - looking for Sansa no less - and "Robert Strong" will be a nigh unstoppable. It will take a man of tremendous strength to end him...

Jon is 100% not gone, though I'm not sure he'll immediately return as a man.

I agree. He left Sandor's story a little ambiguous, but if I had to place bets, I'd assume he's dead. Again, it's possible.

Jon (For Sure)

Stannis (For Sure)

Benjin (Maybe)

Greywind(Implied)

Sandor(Not until next book)

Ungregor if you consider him Gregor. I think like Cat he's a different human entirely now.

I thought it was already a given that Stannis is still alive based on the sample TWOW chapter. And I'm not sure how Greywind would return either.

How do you think Shadow Babies are made?! :dunno:

But all kidding aside... Sandor's coming back. GRRM didn't devote a whole chapter to the Quiet Isle and drop major hints for nothing. I don't think Jon really died. I think it was just a nasty cliffhanger. But I have no evidence for that, just a gut feeling.

And Gregor is coming back, if you count that as alive.

There is some evidence in that, at a convention this past summer, when someone asked a question involving Jon being dead, Martin responded with "Oh, you think he's dead, do you?" Which, while it could just be Martin hedging the question like is his wont, seems to indicate that Jon is not yet dead.

Its very hard to say as GRRM seems to like throwing in lots of surprises. I personally don't think Jon is dead to begin with. IMO Gregor is certainly Robert Strong. Stannis - Is he actually dead or have I forgotten? I am currently rereading the books. They are so large that sometimes its easy to forget stuff. Benjen I believe will be back at some point although not sure if it will be next book. If I had to bet I'd say yes he'll be back in TWOW. Greywind I don't think so. Why would Greywind come back to life and not Lady?

Archived