Which dead characters will return in WOW?

BearandMaidenFair

Why couldn't Mel help heal Jon like the Moqorro did to Victarion? And gods I didn't want Gregor to come back. He's 1 fella that could have remained dead. As for Stannis, is he really dead? Wouldn't Ramsay rather torture him & lord it over him that he's boss over a "king"?

Why couldn't Mel help heal Jon like the Moqorro did to Victarion? And gods I didn't want Gregor to come back. He's 1 fella that could have remained dead. As for Stannis, is he really dead? Wouldn't Ramsay rather torture him & lord it over him that he's boss over a "king"?

It all depends on timing. The only indication of Stannis being dead is the Pink Letter (which may itself be fake, but that's a whole other topic that I won't delve into here). On the other hand, we have the sample Theon chapter on Martin's website which involves Theon in chains in Stannis' chambers at the village with the lakes (where the Battle of Ice is going to occur). What we don't know is when they happen timeline wise in relation to each other--Was the Pink Letter received by Jon (and therefore written) before this chapter with Theon (which would of course mean it's a fake and the Stannis is indeed still alive timeline wise) or was it written chronologically after the Battle of Ice?

Only time and Martin can tell

I thought it was already a given that Stannis is still alive based on the sample TWOW chapter. And I'm not sure how Greywind would return either.

Greywind I don't think so. Why would Greywind come back to life and not Lady?

The sample chapter still takes place after the last Jon chapter according to GRRM

I think Greywind might be alive because of something Ghost/Jon was thinking during a warg session. Something like he could still sense his family except for the one. I don't have the quote but it seemed to imply the direwolfs and not the Starks. We see Lady killed but Greywind is only rumored to be killed.

i don't think sandor is dead, jon either. just wait for sam to blow the horn he has and watch the wall crumble!

(un)gregor is more like frankenstein's monster and as such contains a bit of several people.

benjen stark is really coldhands

tyrek lannister is going to come back and be the lord of casterly rock, whilst tyrion acts as hand of the king.

Sandor isn't dead, but I don't know if we'll see him in TWOW. I think it depends how fast Sansa's story line moves, because I think she's the only reason he would come off the QI.

Benjen Stark might come back, but I don't think he's Coldhands.

Davos is due a "is he/isn't he" moment again, I think.

Wildcard suggestion, Gerrion Lannister.

A major character will be presumed dead, and then turn up in later chapters or in ADOS. Jaime or Brienne seem likely candidates.

This is largely just a guess, but that quote about John/Ghost being able to sense his whole family but one was either ACoK or early in ASoS, no? That's how I remember it, and I feel like this would be a seriously discussed topic if it was post RW.

The sample chapter still takes place after the last Jon chapter according to GRRM

I think Greywind might be alive because of something Ghost/Jon was thinking during a warg session. Something like he could still sense his family except for the one. I don't have the quote but it seemed to imply the direwolfs and not the Starks. We see Lady killed but Greywind is only rumored to be killed.

misinterpretation. The one he couldn't sense was Summer, as Bran was beyond the wall. That bit talked about the fact that 2 of his siblings were dead. It was worded in a way that confused some people though.

Crazy theory - Robert Baratheon's head is coming back on the Mountain's body combining to form Robert Strong. We know Qyburn has requested access to the King's Landing crypts, he has the Mountain's body, and we are led to believe Gregor's head is in Dorne. We haven't seen Strong's face but Qyburn named him Robert. It'd be a weird way for Qyburn to honor Cersei and since he's always trying to please her, I think it might make sense. Obviously a long shot since they have the dwarf's head but it'd make things a lot more interesting having undead Robert Baratheon around.

Crazy theory - Robert Baratheon's head is coming back on the Mountain's body combining to form Robert Strong. We know Qyburn has requested access to the King's Landing crypts, he has the Mountain's body, and we are led to believe Gregor's head is in Dorne. We haven't seen Strong's face but Qyburn named him Robert. It'd be a weird way for Qyburn to honor Cersei and since he's always trying to please her, I think it might make sense. Obviously a long shot since they have the dwarf's head but it'd make things a lot more interesting having undead Robert Baratheon around.

pfffft everyone knows ser robert strong is gregor's body with falyse's head! :P

Archived