Which dead characters will return in WOW?

BearandMaidenFair

I always assumed that Robert strong was undead gregor with no head at all..

Bran had a vision of a knight who lifted his visor to reveal no head and black bloody tubes, or something like that, when he was still comatose at Winterfell.

definitely a headless ungregor as robert Strong.

I like the idea of him maybe having some parts of Rob Baratheon in there though, as Cersei's champion.

Whom I would like to return from dead? None. It starts to smell like Mexican soap opera already :bawl: Next thing someone will have amnesia.

Which disappeared (thought dead, but not confirmed) characters I would like to return? Benjen. Sandor perhaps. Also Jon, but I do not have a clue how GRRM is going to "bring him back".

Dumb question here, but did the books actually SAY it was Greywind's head or did we just assume the wolf's head was Greywind?

I was wondering about the same. Also, Freys did not know about special relationship between Greywind and Robb (warging, i mean), so they might not see big difference to install just any wolf' s head on Robb if Greywind somehow managed to get away.

I was wondering about the same. Also, Freys did not know about special relationship between Greywind and Robb (warging, i mean), so they might not see big difference to install just any wolf' s head on Robb if Greywind somehow managed to get away.

I thought the books said something along the lines of it taking several arrows to take down grey wind? I will have to check.

Edit: Heres the quote...

(Merrett) "...Stark's direowolf killed four of our wolfhounds and tore the kennelmaster's arem off his shoulder, even after we'd filled him full of quarrels..."

"So you sewed his head on Robb Stark's neck after both o'them were dead," said yellow cloak.

"My father did that. All I did was drink. you wouldn't kill a man for drinking." Merrett said....

Eddard stark was replaced by a faceless man just before the confession and beheading. Varys most likely arranged it all feeling compassion for him bc he raised a Targaryen prince as his own.It was very strange and out of charecter for Eddard to confess like that to something he knew was wrong . He knew they killed the last hand of the king. why did he think he could trust them all of a sudden with a deal.It goes against the stark way , the old way. It was also very strange that Varys allowed little finger to double cross Ned like that. Syrio Forel was from bravos so there was a Bravos element or connection there at the time.

Eddard stark was replaced by a faceless man just before the confession and beheading. Varys most likely arranged it all feeling compassion for him bc he raised a Targaryen prince as his own.It was very strange and out of charecter for Eddard to confess like that to something he knew was wrong . He knew they killed the last hand of the king. why did he think he could trust them all of a sudden with a deal.It goes against the stark way , the old way. It was also very strange that Varys allowed little finger to double cross Ned like that. Syrio Forel was from bravos so there was a Bravos element or connection there at the time.

The faceless men can only use the face of someone who is dead ....Eddard Stark would have to be dead for already for that to work....and Jon is not a targareyan prince....he is a targarean bastard....correct me if I'm wrong , but rheagar was still married to ellia when he ran off with Lyanna right?? Doesn't that still make him a bastard according to Westrosi law?? I dont think it matters that he was birhted by a high borne lady...he was still born out of wedlock and he has no claim to anything unless legitimized....rddard is dead...the agreement was that he would confess and keep Cerceis secret for Sansas sake and in return he would take the black...Jeoffry kind of put a damper on those plans.....

The faceless men can only use the face of someone who is dead ....Eddard Stark would have to be dead for already for that to work....and Jon is not a targareyan prince....he is a targarean bastard....correct me if I'm wrong , but rheagar was still married to ellia when he ran off with Lyanna right?? Doesn't that still make him a bastard according to Westrosi law?? I dont think it matters that he was birhted by a high borne lady...he was still born out of wedlock and he has no claim to anything unless legitimized....rddard is dead...the agreement was that he would confess and keep Cerceis secret for Sansas sake and in return he would take the black...Jeoffry kind of put a damper on those plans.....

The fact that prior Targaryans practiced polygamy leaves your question unsettled. Lyanna could be Rhaegar's second wife.

Yes, but that statement was back in Clash of Kings, when Greywind was still alive. The one who was missing was Lady.

EDIT:

This statement confuses me. I am fairly sure that Gannicus' quote was from the 2nd book. Was there a second instance later in which Ghost sensed his siblings?

It's from the first Jon chapter in ADWD, maybe even on the first page. But Reznak might be right in that I'm misinterpreting the wording. He does think about the one he can no longer sense, but it could just be referring to Summer.

Greywind's head was spiked onto Rob's body after the red wedding

I know that was the rumor, but I don't remember ever seeing it through a reliable POV.

But like a said I may have misunderstood the meaning of those words.

Crazy theory - Robert Baratheon's head is coming back on the Mountain's body combining to form Robert Strong. We know Qyburn has requested access to the King's Landing crypts, he has the Mountain's body, and we are led to believe Gregor's head is in Dorne. We haven't seen Strong's face but Qyburn named him Robert. It'd be a weird way for Qyburn to honor Cersei and since he's always trying to please her, I think it might make sense. Obviously a long shot since they have the dwarf's head but it'd make things a lot more interesting having undead Robert Baratheon around.

It was pretty clear, to me at least, that they sent a fake head to Dorne. Gregor was still alive, and being tortured/dying of poison in the dungeons by Qyburn when the head was sent to Dorne.

I could be wrong, but that seemed pretty clear. It's why they stripped the skull that they sent to Dorne. And I believe that Qyburn clearly said, at one point, to Cersei that he had sent a fake, but that it was close enough in size that, stripped of flesh, no one would notice.

Again, I could so very easily have misread all that. lol

Archived