Moments of Foreshadowing 3

Ser Wun Wun

I told Robb I'm sure to give him twins."

That's...really chilling.

Or perhaps the remaining Westerlings will somehow be part of an effort to take the Twins from the Freys?

"Wun Wun began to laugh. A giant's laughter could put to shame a dragon's roar."

If Dany and Jon do indeed end up facing off, an army of giants could be a huge boon for Jon. I also quite like the image of the dragons/accompanying [southern] forces arriving in the North in winter, all puffed up with pride and arrogance, and the natives of the North basically laughing them out of town. I don't know about the likelihood of this precise scenario, but it's fun to consider. ^_^

my guess would be dany and tyrion, she's going to to hate/ want to kill him initially, but he will talk/laugh his way out of it

I definitely hope so. Otherwise, he'll be the least fulfilling dragon snack since the ship rats.

If Dany and Jon do indeed end up facing off, an army of giants could be a huge boon for Jon. I also quite like the image of the dragons/accompanying [southern] forces arriving in the North in winter, all puffed up with pride and arrogance, and the natives of the North basically laughing them out of town. I don't know about the likelihood of this precise scenario, but it's fun to consider. ^_^

Or the last Jon chapter, while the giant was raging and tearing ser Patrek apart, Jon (the dragon) was being, you know, killed.

Or it could be related to LF or Tyrion or Braavos in general being threats to dragons.

And Littlefinger does like to mock or laugh at everything he can. I really like this idea!

Or the last Jon chapter, while the giant was raging and tearing ser Patrek apart, Jon (the dragon) was being, you know, killed.

Argh, poor Jon. But very true.

I can't remember what chapter it was... or if it was even Stannis that said it (It could have been some one talking about him).

He says something along the lines of "I'd take the black before I'd ___________"

I remember it from my current reread.

I felt it was super ironic on my reread because obviously he does go to the wall to offer his aid, and the statement is said before anything really bad is even happening on the wall yet.

but you will need to come alone. Elsewise, the Hound will kill her.

Brienne, as Jaime's champion, could be facing Lem, who is wearing the Hound's helm, in a trial by combat.

Jon on Val

A warrior princess, he decided, not some willowy creature who sits up in a tower, brushing her hair and waiting for some knight to rescue her.

It's a shame Ser Patrek didn't get that

In AGOT: "Sansa stared hard at his [Janos Slynt's] ugly face, remembering how he had thrown down her father for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some hero would throw him down and cut off his head."

In ADWD, her half-brother Jon Snow will do just that. Might also be a hint that he will prove to be the hero of the series, or one of the heroes, anyway.

Tyrion VIII, ACoK, small Council meeting with Tyrion, Varys, Cersei, LF and all the funny brigade.

Varys and Littlefinger picks at each other some little jabs about not being necessary in the Council and then Varys ends it with a soft laughter and a joke: "maybe we'll end togheter as brothers on the Wall".

Let's change the capital letter with a lowercase one and we get just "wall".

Then let's consider that Tywin wants their heads to be cut off and placed on spikes on the walls of the Red Keep.

Then we have Tyrion, who thinks of the exact same thing more than one during the book and ASoS.

And to top it all, a lot of pages later there's one of the most beautiful chapter of all the series, where Alayne builds a snow castle only to be "attacked" by Sweetrobin's mighty doll.

LF says something like "according to the legends, it's not the first giant whose head ended on the walls of Winterfell".

Don't know about you, but I'm pretty convinced that the two main players of the game will share a similar fate... and I'm not talking abot joining the Night's watch, even if that would be hilarious.

@Butterbumps if you read: I wanted to post it in yours LF vs Varys thread, but I cannot quote the exact lines since my books aren't in english.

If you think that it's a viable theory can you do it yourself?

You write way better than me:(

Oh and I'm pretty sure that Roose Bolton, when planning his betrayal in Harrenhal says something like "I'm not someone who lets himself nailed" to the Freys who are there.

Don't know if the english original uses the verb "nail", but if that's the case we also know that Ramsay likes to nail tongues to trees if I recall correctly.

Hope to nail at least one theory... :D

Oh and I'm pretty sure that Roose Bolton, when planning his betrayal in Harrenhal says something like "I'm not someone who lets himself nailed" to the Freys who are there.

Don't know if the english original uses the verb "nail", but if that's the case we also know that Ramsay likes to nail tongues to trees if I recall correctly.

Hope to nail at least one theory... :D

The english version has Roose saying I am not a man to be undone, ser.

I don't know if this counts as foreshadowing, but here goes.

Ser Harys Swyft tugged at his chin beard: "I am in need of guards myself. These are perilous times." . . . "Hire the Mountain's men," Ser Kevan suggested.

"I put no faith in these Myrish bankers," Ser Kevan told his good-father. "You had best prepare to go to Braavos."

Ser Harys Swyft may come to Braavos to treat with the Iron Bank with some of the Mountain's men as guards whom he hired hastily after Kevan's death, including Dunsen and Raff the Sweetling, who are on Arya's hit list.

“You are fighting shadows when you should be fighting the men who cast them,” Daario went on.

This is almost surely foreshadowing, but it may refer to either the saying about power or future Dany vs. Shadowbaby smackdown.

So crackpot Stannis will send his last shadowbaby to kill Dany and as Med said it would take so much energy that it will be end of him.

Could also be related with the peculiar sound made by Titan´s Arsenal of Braavos:

Arya (in Braavos)/"A Feast for Crows"

"Then the Titan gave a mighty roar. The sound was as huge as he was, a terrible groaning and grinding, so loud it drowned out even the captain’s voice and the crash of the waves against those pine-clad ridges. A thousand seabirds took to the air at once, and Arya flinched until she saw that Denyo was laughing. “He warns the Arsenal of our coming, that is all,” he shouted. “You must not be afraid.” “I never was,” Arya shouted back. “It was loud, is all.”

Maybe foreshadowing that Danny, on his journey of conquest, following the itinerary toward Westeros, tries to attack Braavos, and suffers her first defeat.

It would also be a good time for that Arya weighs anchor on that ship. (or perhaps, atop dragons?)

Arya (in Harrenhall) /"A Clash of Kings" -HARRENHALL,one of its most significants symbols is the bat -

"If I had wings I could fly back to Winterfell and see for myself. And if it was true, I’d just fly away, fly up past the moon and the shining stars, and see all the things in Old Nan’s stories, dragons and sea monsters and the Titan of Braavos, and maybe I wouldn’t ever fly back unless I wanted to."

She already saw the Titan of Bravos, this passage foreshadow then, that she -or at least her sister- (Sansa and Arya are a kind of two faces of the coins, Right ?) (a dragon´s coin)

she will see a dragon and a kraken (sea monster)

If we go at the chapter where Arya with Sandor cross the river, it seems the Kraken will attack them, when they cross a river of fire atop dragons, and that they will be safe from the monster.

I think that Sansa is who will cross the river the next time

because the first time, Arya and Sandor for when crossing the river the price are three dragons, if Sansa and Arya are two sides of the coin, who makes this trip over fire , over dragons, against kraken is Sansa.

Archived