Which House Is Your Favorite and Which Is Least Favorite and Why?

Dolorous Nedd

I'm hoping that people will not only give their favorite and least favorite house, but also give the reasons. My least favorite may not be as evil as the Bolton's or the Frey's, but they are more destructive IMO.

Favorite:

Stark - Honorable, brave, do the right thing even if it's painful.

Least favorite:

Greyjoy - Self serving, total lack of honor, no compassion, disloyal, extremely arrogant, total lack of respect for women. Having one as a ruler would be a nightmare.

The honor of house Stark was even apparent with Arya when she went back into the barn to help free the convicts chained to the wagon.

Favorite....Reeds. I like their 'stay out of it' attitude and they seem to have some hidden magical knowledge. They just seem awesome....and we haven't really even seen them yet (except for Meera and Jojen of course). Oh and The Pipers, my namesake. I love the dancing maiden sigil.

Least favorite....Freys and Boltons of course. I also don't love the Baratheon's....can't explain why.

Favorite: House Martell. Doran is the only thing holding the lid on Pandora's box. We know his plan to have Quentyn marry Daenerys has failed. We know he is feeble, perhaps he dies in The Winds of Winter and Arienne becomes the head of House Martell counciled closely by the Sand Snakes. That would provide for some good reading/viewing.

Least Favorite: House Tarly. Mainly because Randall Tarly is a total patsy for Tywin, he treated Sam like sh** and he comes from a place called "Horn Hill".

For all the good things they stand for (family, honor, compassion, desire to always do what's right, justice etc), because they have one of the coolest House mottos (Winter is coming), because many of them are wargs and keep direwolves as pets and companions and because many of my favorites (including Jon) belong to that House the Starks are my favorite House far above any other.

Least- The Freys, Boltons and Greyjoys. I can't decide over which I equally hate them all because of the Red Wedding, the flaying and the ridiculous custom of saltwives and thralls. I honestly can said I will give a cheer the next time any member of this house dies. (And yes am including both Asha and Theon)

Favorite: Manderly for their loyalty to the Starks and "mayhaps it is for the better, if he'd have lived he would have grown to be a Frey" (paraphrase)

Honorable mention: the Mormonts and Reeds

Least Favorite: didn't Roose Bolton marry a Frey? Well then you've just combined the two most despicable houses into one

Honorable mention: Craster and Tyrell ( they just keep shopping out their daughter, desperate to marry into power)

Favorite: Stark. They're honorable, they can be fierce and they can be calm. Remember the scene in AGOT where Eddard starts choking Littlefinger for bringing him to a brothel? That really surprised me the first time I read it, because Ned was such a cool and calm individual. The Starks are not afraid of playing rough. They're northmen and I love their culture. Hardy people who don't care for the stupid political games played in the south, guest right and hospitality, the importance of family and vengeance, etc. Plus the warg angle is really neat.

Least favorite: Targaryen. Foreigners with huge egos. There are petty lords in Westeros that have older bloodlines than the Targaryens, and yet the Targs still think they're above. If they didn't have dragons, they would've been wiped out the moment they set foot on Westeros by the first petty lord and his levies. They've only ruled Westeros for 300 years and think themselves above gods and men. I just can't handle that arrogance.

Favorite: House Reed. They're basically a house of ninjas.

And of course an honorable mention to House Stark

Least: House Bolton are a bunch of creeps. A room where they keep a bunch of human skins, the flayed man as their sigil, roose and ramsey...ugh.

Favorite - House Baelish. I love me some manipulative Littlefinger. He is currently the best at the game of thrones, until his comeuppance arrives.

Honorable mention: House Martell. They will stay strong with Doran at the helm. Disaster after he falls.

Least favorite (from a writing standpoint) - Targaryen. Boring boring boring. ADwD could have saved me hours if it just contained a few sentences that said "Dany acts out of character and accomplishes two or three things. Please wait another book for 3 novels of foreshadowing to amount to anything. I just saved you 300 pages."

Favorite: House Stark, I love them all Eddard, Robb, Jon, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon, and Benjen also Brandon and Lyanna seem cool. They are honorable and love how they care about each other. After all the horrors and destruction that has befallen them they are still standing and they are coming back more badass than before so their enemies better watch out cause This is a time for Wolves!!!

Honorable Mention Favorite House: Targaryens, are perfect and I love the dragons specifically Dany and Rhaegar

Least Favorite House: Lannister, I despise them all except Tyrion. They are murderers, psychopaths, thieves, abusers, child murderers, losers, pathetic, and evil, this house has no good qualities at all and I will enjoy their destruction and downfall and wish for complete annihilation.

Other Least Favorite Houses: Frays, Boltons, Baratheons

Major Houses:

Favorite

STARK - I know ..everyone loves them, and yadayadayada unoriginial, but can't help it, they are just wonderful. Dig the whole family and the wolves.

Least Favorite

TYRELL - They just don't do anything for me, Mace comes across as a big ol' moaner, and they are just a bunch of pimps for passing Margaery around like a hooker.

Lesser Houses

Favorite

MANDERLY: "The north remembers" part is one of my favorite scenes in the whole series, and the Manderly's are doing something about what has happened to them and the North. Umber was considered too, because if Manderly is upset, then I can't even imagine what the Umbers will do (If Greatjon is ever let go that is)

Least Favorite:

FREY - What can be said about them that hasn't been said about a thousand times. I really think the whole house is going to be destroyed and no longer exist (Ironic since Walder had tons of children, and they sprouted some kids too), and I can not wait for it. It will be their own damn fault.

Archived