Favorite under-the-radar/non-epic quotes?

Mormont'sRaven

Mine has to be "heh."

I love that, and I use that to respond to Tweets and text messages and stuff. I think it's great. Really, really good job by GRRM with that.

Basically, post some other quotes/lines that you guys like but not the standard fare for such threads. So no "You know nothing" or anything like that.

Post the under-the-radar stuff that you guys like.

Tyrion, in AGoT, while still in Winterfell, after Bran's fall: "Something about the howling of a wolf took a man right out of his here and now and left him in a dark forest of the mind, running naked before the pack."

I like his musing, about the primal fear that the howling of wolves invokes.

Unleash the Starks!

How did i forget this?! :bowdown: :agree:

I laughed so hard!

And then,

Ser Boros Blount: "No man threatens His Grace in presence of the Kingsguard."

Tyrion: "I am not threatening the king, ser, I am instructing my nephew. Bronn, Timett, the next time Ser Boros opens his mouth, kill him. Now that was a threat, ser. See the difference?"

"I never win anything," Dolorous Edd complained. "The gods always smiled on Watt, though. When the wildlings knocked him off the Bridge of Skulls, somehow he landed in a nice deep pool of water. How lucky was that, missing all those rocks?"

"Was it a long fall?" Grenn wanted to know. "Did landing in the pool of water save his life?"

"No," said Dolorous Edd. "He was dead already, from that axe in his head. Still, it was pretty lucky, missing the rocks."

"I never win anything," Dolorous Edd complained. "The gods always smiled on Watt, though. When the wildlings knocked him off the Bridge of Skulls, somehow he landed in a nice deep pool of water. How lucky was that, missing all those rocks?"

"Was it a long fall?" Grenn wanted to know. "Did landing in the pool of water save his life?"

"No," said Dolorous Edd. "He was dead already, from that axe in his head. Still, it was pretty lucky, missing the rocks."

Dolorous Edd is the greatest minor character in the history of literature...

Dolorous Edd is the greatest minor character in the history of literature...

Hecky yes!!!

Edd: "Now I understand why King Stannis let the wildlings through the wall. He means for us to eat them."

Catelyn: "Why would Petyr lie to me?"

Tyrion: "Why does a bear shit in the woods?"

Tyrion: "You set your dog on them! What did you imagine they would do? Bend the knee meekly while the Hound lopped off some limbs? You spoiled witless little boy!! You've killed Clegane and gods know how many more and yet you come through unscratched. Damn you!

Sorry, I could do this all day. I'll stop now. :laugh:

Hecky yes!!!

Edd: "Now I understand why King Stannis let the wildlings through the wall. He means for us to eat them."

Tyrion: "You set your dog on them! What did you imagine they would do? Bend the knee meekly while the Hound lopped off some limbs? You spoiled witless little boy!! You've killed Clegane and gods know how many more and yet you come through unscratched. Damn you!

You should, otherwise you will devour all of my likes! :laugh:

Hecky yes!!!

Heck, I forgot about this one!! I'm putting it as a signature! Thanks for this.

Archived