Favorite under-the-radar/non-epic quotes?

Mormont'sRaven

I love me some Dolorous Edd, too, so have some more quotes :laugh: :

"Place was overrun with rats when we moved in. The spearwives killed the nasty buggers. Now the place is overrun with spearwives. There's days I want the rats back."

"Something worse than we can imagine. Well, I might be able to imagine it, but I'd sooner not. Bad enough to know you're going to come to some awful end without thinking about it aforetime."

"If my wet nurse looked like her, I'd still be on the teat. Mine had whiskers."

"I never wanted to see half the things I've seen, and I've never seen half the things I've wanted to."

"You'd best not die, Sam, or I fear I might succumb. There's bound to be more crackling on you than Brannen ever had, and I never could resist a bit of crackling."

Davos: I remember another stripling who was given command of Storm's End. He could not have been more than twenty.

Stannis: Lord Meadows is not as stonehead stubborn as I was.

Jon Snow: The freefolk despise kneelers ... Let them keep their pride and they will love you better.

Stannis Baratheon: It is swords I need from them, not kisses.

The Blackfish: I am the last man in the Seven Kingdoms to tell anyone who they must wed, Nephew. Nonetheless, you did say something of making amends for your Battle of the Fords.

Edmure: I had in mind a different sort of amends. Single combat with the Kingslayer. Seven years of penance as a begging brother. Swimming the sunset sea with my legs tied.

Stannis: "Granite does not burn easily. The castle walls can be rebuilt, in time. It's not the walls that make a lord, it's the man."

Sandor to Arya: "You remember where the heart is?"

Actually one of my favorite lines in the series was never discussed, in my opinion.

When tyrion fights in the battle of the blackwater, he gets very excited and can't help it and he screams to himself "casterly rock!" and "lannister!".

this is such a non-heroic, non-storylike, non-literturary thing to do. it's so real, so human, it just describes best for me why the characters in this series are so good.

Archived