Which character (currently alive) do you want to have a happy ending?

King of the Road

ASoIaF would not be even half as good as it is were it not for the tragic principle characters, many of whom we have already lost, and even more that will be lost. That said, if you were one of the Gods and had the power to save one character out of the hundreds we have come to know, who would it be?

For me, Davos just tips Jorah Mormont and Jon Snow to the top. A quiet, unassuming man, it's hard not to feel that he deserves peace after all that he's accomplished. I admire his unwavering loyalty to Stannis, his fondness for his wife, but most of all because he has risen from the depths of Flea Bottom to become a Hand of the King. Nothing would please me more than if he could go home to Cape Wrath to live out his days, or live comfortably in one of the Free Cities, surrounded by his family.

Lets not make this a debate on which characters are good/neutral/evil, every characters morals are simply an interpretation of a particular reader!

I was going to say Jorah. Man, has this guy been through much! His ex wife, and now Dany? Damn hormones, screwing the minds of good guys (let's not turn this into a "how good or bad someone is" discussion).

And slightly offtopic, but I am ready to bet that Walder Frey will die happy in his bed.

I'm sure Brienne will be a popular answer. If she really is going to betray Jaime to his death, that's pretty much it for her, as one of the few true, classic knights, whatever happens from there she will be in mental hell. Davos is a good shout, he doesn't really belong in all this, if he could just take a little money and go back to his wife and little kids, it would be great. I can't see it happening though, for the very reason we love him, he total loyalty. I guess if Stannis dies, he's kind of free from this? Tommen is another one who has just been shoved into everything, and again I can't really see him lasting long, espeically with the prophecy.

I'll go with Tyrion. Bugger all this "no kinslaying" rubbish, if people treat you like shit, fight back. And for all his descent into moral ambiguity, he's done a lot of good and shown a lot of bravery- at the Blackwater, saving Young Griff and friends, right the way back to telling the Starks about that saddle for Bran.

I would go for the Starks (especially Sansa and Bran) but I already believe they'll be okay in the end. So I'll say Tommen and Myrcella, because they're really sweet, and even though the prophecy states they'll die before Cersei, I'm really hoping they make it through intact (well, mostly intact in the case of Myrcella).

I would go for the Starks (especially Sansa and Bran) but I already believe they'll be okay in the end. So I'll say Tommen and Myrcella, because they're really sweet, and even though the prophecy states they'll die before Cersei, I'm really hoping they make it through intact (well, mostly intact in the case of Myrcella).

I have absolutely nothing to add to this. I think the Starks will make it so I'm holding out for the two Lannister kids. I don't think I can handle Tommen dying.

ETA: I consider Jon a Stark though and I'm much more worried about him. So, add Jon to my list too.

Seeing as Arya is my favourite character, I want her to live and find peace of mind. But I'm almost certain it's too late for her. She's seen (and done) too many horrific things at too early an age, for her mental wounds ever to heal properly. She will always be broken inside, and can't ever live a normal life. But I hope I'm wrong.

I also wish for Bran's happiness, or as happy as you can be as a tree. This I have higher hopes of coming true, as his soul isn't as damaged as Arya's.

Other than that: Davos, Brienne, Tommen, Jojen and Meera.

All of the Starks, Brienne, Davos, Jojen, Meera, Tommen, and Myrcella all deserve a happy ending. But if I have to choose just one...Tommen. (That was really hard, but he's the youngest and most innocent. And oh so sweet.)

Archived