Ned Stark. the epitome of cold hearted evil?

I'm not saying Ned was the worst guy in the book, far from it. He had some honour in his evil heart and I actually wish the Starks well and hope they can come to some kind of compromise with the Boltons. Perhaps they could have some kind of serving role as the assistent lords of Winterfell?

Think about it tho, Ned was a bad, bad dude, in a good way, as you had to be to rule such a frightening place as the North.

Firstly, he insists that he gets to chop off everyone's heads himself. I know he disguises it under "he who passes the sentence should swing the sword," but really, it's because the Starks have always been cold and always been killers. its in his blood. Both Robb and Jon have shown Ned like tendencies since, rushing to behead anyone who annoys them, much like their cold hearted father.

Secondly, he loves war. He knew Robert Baratheon was in the wrong but yet he followed him into war for the chance to spill some southern blood, the same with his attack on the ironborn, no doubt Ned would have relished the opportunity to behead any stragglers in both wars.

Thirdly, I am convinced he raped Lyanna, or at the very least raped whoever Jons mother was. Having dual Stark parentage would explain Jons Ultra stark look in comparison to his Tully tainted siblings, apart from Arya who is clearly as evil as her demented father. It's not like this would have been a great crime as it happened during war, and its no big deal to rape during war. Also I think Benjen was cut from similar cloth and I think that's why he is at the wall. We are talking the seeds of the nights king here remember. They can act dignified and polite, but it is murder that fuels there existence.

Fourthly. Ned had the chance to save thousands of life's and ease the suffering of millions when he was offered an out by Littlefinger and Renly both, but Ned didn't care for the small folk, as long as he got his precious war he was happy, he is so evil that he would even see himself die to ensure the suffering of millions. He couldn't even feed Lady a steak with a tasteless poison on it to kill her peacefully, he had to toy with her before slitting her throat so hard he damn near took her head. Doubtless another joyful moment for him as it gave him something else to masterbate to as he sat I'm the dark of his crypt formulating his twisted plans.

Lastly, do you think it is an accident that the likes of the Boltons (still evil but not so evil as the Starks) thrived under Neds rule. He turned a blind eye to it as he knew they would be a formidable opponent and preferred to keep them sweet as he admired Rooses evilness. Roose only stuck when Ned died because he knew it was going to be years before Robb realised his true potential as a sociopath. The Starks are somehow tied to the evilness at the wall and I think this is going to be George's twist, he is going to turn it all on its head by showing us that the people we've supported and admired all the way through are actually the evilest killers of all.

Just my opinion, and I wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong, but I am sure George is going to show us that when it gets tough, and things cant really get that much worse, it really is a time for wolves, and wolves are vicious.

Ned liked hanging out underground in a crypt. Creepy!

Ned ordered the arrest and execution of Gregor Clegane; a sweet simple minded giant with a substance abuse problem. Terrible!

In typical, it's all about me style, Ned was executed in a lavish public ceremony with his own sword, after giving a big self indulgent speech. What a prima donna!

Ned Stark; evil man, or evilest man?

Hatred,evil and sibling rape.

On a slight tangent can we open a betting market on how many posts before a thread like this is locked by the mods?I'm going for 11 in this case.

Reckon I can make me some good cash money.

Hatred,evil and sibling rape.

On a slight tangent can we open a betting market on how many posts before a thread like this is locked by the mods?I'm going for 11 in this case.

Reckon I can make me some good cash money.

I don't know about that, i'd say around 15...

Not to mention, it was Eddard who suggested sending Jaime Lannister(a true hero) to the wall to freeze to death. Woah!

And remember when he promised that armorer he'd buy some armor, then never did? WHAT A JERK.

I know right? He's the worst person ever...

Archived