The first Dothraki Apreciation Thread.

Just thought I would start a thread for all us Dothraki lovers to come forth and swear alegiance to the mother mountain so that we may join together, tho we are few and far between, a form a khalasar the likes of which this forum has never seen. So that we may share are thoughts on why we love the Dothraki and their way of life so much, their bad ass nature and why they would be able to takeover Westeros. No haters please!

On a thread starting spree are we?

Anyways I'm pretty much a Dothraki hater so I'll make my case short. They are the Ironborn of Essos and the Iron Born sits just below the cut-throats of Flea Bottom on the honor, moral and intelligence scale of Westeros.

They do live close to nature and have a rather relaxed view of things, but apart from that.

LOL I was actualy considering making this a joint iron born and dothraki thread!!!

I dunno I just love the whole kinda native american lifestlye, sex, sleep, sun, outdoors, fighting, feasting and drinking. doens't seem like a bad life to be, they just kinda kick back and don't worry about politics and science or religion. they just go with the flow, and I really dog that.

(thanks btw for keeping the hate low)

LOL I was actualy considering making this a joint iron born and dothraki thread!!!

I dunno I just love the whole kinda native american lifestlye, sex, sleep, sun, outdoors, fighting, feasting and drinking. doens't seem like a bad life to be, they just kinda kick back and don't worry about politics and science or religion. they just go with the flow, and I really dog that.

(thanks btw for keeping the hate low)

Until the Khal dies or a bigger pack of screamers decides to bully yours. Then shit goes down!

The Dothraki are better than the Ironborn, but that is mainly due to their less prominent role in the story. I do not appreciate the culture where a wedding with less than three murders is considered a dull affair, thank you very much.

I love the dothraki too. They're extremely badass. I don't know why people are complaining that they don't have morality and honor. They do it's just vastly different than the morality of the most of Westeros and our own modern morality. They're basically the Mongols of Essos and as such they have the potential to be the mightiest military machine in the world of ASOIAF. I can't wait to see them in Westeros(hopefully as a part of Dany's army).

This being said I don't particularly like the ironborn. I think they're based on the vikings and the problem is that the vikings were so much more than just pirates randomly slaughtering people.

They're basically the Mongols of Essos and as such they have the potential to be the mightiest military machine in the world of ASOIAF. I can't wait to see them in Westeros(hopefully as a part of Dany's army)

Yeah right, tell that the Dothrakis who got outwitted by the unsullied with their Phalanx or the Dothrakis in the pit who were easily killed by an equal number of fighters in mail.

I also can´t wait till they arrive in Westeros. Then they can prove that they are overrated against competent armies and not just those armies from essos.

The Dothraki are better than the Ironborn, but that is mainly due to their less prominent role in the story. I do not appreciate the culture where a wedding with less than three murders is considered a dull affair, thank you very much.

Just something about this line... I think the average number of murders in all of the weddings in the story so far is around three (once we take out the one that happens around 2/3rds of the way through Storm, that one pulls the average waaaaaay up).

Just something about this line... I think the average number of murders in all of the weddings in the story so far is around three (once we take out the one that happens around 2/3rds of the way through Storm, that one pulls the average waaaaaay up).

You think so?

Twelve people died on Dany's wedding to Drogo. The only one which included the Dothraki.

I do not think anybody died when she married Hizdahr.

One person died at Joffrey's and Margaery's wedding.

Nobody died when she married Renly.

Same for when she married Tommen.

Nobody died when Sansa and Tyrion got married.

Nobody died when Lysa and LF got married.

Nobody died when Robb and Jeyne got married.

Nobody died when Jeyne "Arya" and Ramsay got married.

Nobody died when the walrus and Erik got married.

I do not see how the average is around three here.

You yourself said the RW is excluded.

Archived