Whats the most unintentionaly funny moment to you?

The part in the Asha chapter when they burn the cannibals. Everything the sergant said as they were being chained up... "Corliss Penny, come over here! What sort of name is Penny!? Is that how much your mother charged?"

The scene in Harrenhal where Brienne(dressed in pink Myrish lace and silk) innocently watches Roose and Jamie scheme always brings a smile to my face.

This reminds me. "Jaime Lannister sends his regards", while obviously meant to be very scary and intense, only made me put down ASoS and burst out laughing. It was an OF COURSE moment, and it was just so over the top. haha

In hindsight, it's not funny at all, but I found it HILARIOUS upon my initial read. In a bittersweet way, of course.

Ha, your forgiven. That was a good one. When stannis sits the throne I will laugh at you.

Dream on.

Either way, the funniest scenes I can think of were Arya's "death" at the Twins - it was just too obvious she was going to live - and Jon's stabbing. Funny because I keep imagining GRRM sitting in front of his work, giggling about he's going to fool the readers, when in fact he's fooling nobody by now.

Randyll Tarly prescribing "a good, hard, raping" for Brienne is just so brazenly inappropriate and horrible that it became a running gag among my ASOIAF-familiar friends for a long time.

Victarion in ADWD. All of it. Everything. (except at least half of it GRRM intended to have draw a chuckle).

Like when he's talking to his captains and all of a sudden it says something like "Monkey shit rained down among them, splat, splat, splat!"

The story of how the Unsullied are made. I know, I know, it's awful. But it was like someone just making up the most horrible things one could think of and piling them up, like a "what's grosser than gross?" game. AND THEN! They have to grab a newborn baby from its mother's arms and KILL IT IN FRONT OF THE MOTHER!

On the topic of Stannis's relationship with Selyse, I always got a funny image in my head when they talked about how he would only bed her on occasionally and would walk into the bedchamber as if he were marching into battle.

Now Im imagining him marching to Selyse and in a solemn serious voice saying " Selyse, its that occasional time again" and then an inspirational speech before he begins...

The most unintentionally funny moment was when I re-read some parts of GoT in which is mentioned how Loras was trying to pimp Marg to Robert when there were some rumors Cercei might soon be out of the picture. I was like,cmon that girl was pimped to everyone...EVERYONE. I just couldn't stop laughing.

Victorian throwing Talbert Serry overboard at the Shield Islands, and then afterwards he realizes what he was worth and goes around asking his crew if any of them had pulled him up.

whats worse is he actually realizes he's a lord when fighting and throws him over board wearing armor, and asks if he lived

One of the lines from the series that amuses me the most was when Tyrion first gets back to Tywin after escaping the Vale, and Jaime gets captured, and Tywin is listing off everything that has gone wrong:

Tywin: "Jaime has left us in a bad way. Roose Bolton and the remnants of his host are north of us. Our enemies hold the twins and Moat Cailin. Robb Stark sits to the west, so we cannot retreat to Lannisport and the Rock unless we choose to give battle. Jaime is taken, and his army for all purposes has ceased to exist. Thoros of Myr and Beric Dondarrion continue to plague our foraging parties. To our east we have the Arryns, Stannis Baratheon sits on Dragonstone, and in the south Highgarden and Storm's End are calling their banners"

Tyrion: "Take heart, father. At least Rhaegar Targaryen is still dead".

Another one: I think GRRM definitely intended it to be a little funny, but Stannis didn't when he said it

"Her own father got this child on her? We're good to be rid of her then. I will not tolerate such abominations here, this is not King's Landing"

:lol:

Stannis has some others, and Tyrion's way of thinking usually amuses me often.

Tywin: "Jaime has left us in a bad way. Roose Bolton and the remnants of his host are north of us. Our enemies hold the twins and Moat Cailin. Robb Stark sits to the west, so we cannot retreat to Lannisport and the Rock unless we choose to give battle. Jaime is taken, and his army for all purposes has ceased to exist. Thoros of Myr and Beric Dondarrion continue to plague our foraging parties. To our east we have the Arryns, Stannis Baratheon sits on Dragonstone, and in the south Highgarden and Storm's End are calling their banners"

Tyrion: "Take heart, father. At least Rhaegar Targaryen is still dead".

One forgets how colossally f**ked the Lannisters were at that point.

Archived