Whats the most unintentionaly funny moment to you?

I don´t know if this meant to be funny or not. It just a little thing.:

At one point Tyrion has a conversation with Tywin and the new swords for Joffrey and Jaime come up.

Tyrion compaints about why he´s not even getting a valyrien steel dagger.

The conversation gets to Robert´s stag of daggers and so forth and after some time Tywin ends this topic in a funny fashion.

The problem (again) is that I only know the german translation but it has to be something around this lines:

"...Lord Tywin waved his hand and with this terminated the subject King Robert and his knives"

It´s just how really mundane the subject of "king Robert and his knives" is compared to the speaker´s position.

I don´t know but I have to giggle when I read this part.

This, can't tell if he's trolling or GRRM is the worst erotic writer of all times

Check out the lesbian scene between two old women in Kate Atkinson's 'Case Histories'. It will make you claw your eyes out with awkwardness. so...many...subordinate...clauses...and...terrible...word-choices...

When Alys Karstark was getting married, a little bit of snow was falling. She told Jon it was a bad omen, or something like that.

Jon was thinking that there must have been a blizzard during Stannis and Selyse's wedding.

My first post!

I'm surprised no one's pointed out the paragraph after the Myrish swamp line. "Ten thousand of your children perished in my palm." "Whilst you snored, I would lick your sons off my face and fingers one by one, all those pale sticky princes. You claimed your rights, my lord, but in the darkness I would eat your heirs."

Then "she let herself imagine that her fingers were a boar's tusks, ripping the Myrish woman apart from groin to throat". Then she was bummed she still wasn't getting off, and unceremoniously kicked Taena out of bed.

I couldn't help but laugh. She's so damn crazy it's funny.

My husband and I quote the "Monkey shit rained down around them all, splat splat splat," on a regular basis. Oh, George.

I also know this is intentionally funny, but conversations that ended like this made me laugh every time:

“His elk?” said Bran, wonderstruck.

“His elk?” said Meera, startled.

“His ravens?” said Jojen.

“Hodor?” said Hodor.

Somehow, on rereading the tale of Varys' castration, I thought it was kind of funny. Maybe it was the words "manly parts"...

I just have to laugh at GRRM's creativity that he thinks of a character that uses boys' genitals as part of a spell. Can you imagine that in Macbeth?

"Eye of newt, and toe of frog, wool of bat and balls of kid..."

I just have to laugh at GRRM's creativity that he thinks of a character that uses boys' genitals as part of a spell. Can you imagine that in Macbeth?

"Eye of newt, and toe of frog, wool of bat and balls of kid..."

I think that's about the only body part those witches didn't throw in that stuff... wasn't there a baby finger, and a liver or something?

Also: might I borrow that quote for my sig?

I think that's about the only body part those witches didn't throw in that stuff... wasn't there a baby finger, and a liver or something?

Also: might I borrow that quote for my sig?

Men and male genitals. Why witches didnt use it - they arent as obsessed!

• 2 weeks later...

It has always been Hot Pie's reaction when he and Arya are captured by Gregor's men. Especially Arya's thoughts on the matter.

He just ran forward waving his arms yelling "I yield, I yield"

Arya let her head droop, only half aware of what was going on around her. Hot Pie was yielding some more . . . Next she was stumbling past the men on their gibbet, while Hot Pie told their captors he'd bake them pies and tarts if they didn't hurt him.

When Alys Karstark was getting married, a little bit of snow was falling. She told Jon it was a bad omen, or something like that.

Jon was thinking that there must have been a blizzard during Stannis and Selyse's wedding.

Along with To give His Grace more children, you would first need to get him into your bed.

ETA: Sorry about the dp

Jon's thoughts on Selyse are hilarious:

The flames in her crown were the warmest things about her

When Selyse is going on and on about wanting to convince Stannis to remarry by the Lord of light:

One could only imagine how his grace had responded to the notion of a second wedding in

I chucle whenever I try to picture Stannis' teeth grinding reaction at this matter.

Though my personal favorite is when Selyse arrived at the Wall and sees for the first time Wun Wun:

Lord Snow, what is this bestial creature doing on our side of the wall?

Wun Wun is a guest of the Night's Watch as you are

Oh snap :rofl:

Next she was stumbling past the men on their gibbet, while Hot Pie told their captors he'd bake them pies and tarts if they didn't hurt him.

That's the part that always makes me laugh.

The whole sequence of Joffrey's wedding had me giggling helplessly. All these courses described in painfull detail, the musicians and jesters getting more and more ridiculous by a page and poor Tyrion and Sansa having to suffer through all of it. I took to annoying my family by reading out loud every time a new food item or spectacle was mentioned (which was most of the chapter). The very ironic manner of Joff's death so soon after RW was an extra bonus, though I felt bad for Tyrion.

Archived