"Wow, I Never Noticed That."

And "quickening of the womb" means pregnancy, not menstruation.

Specifically later in pregnancy when the woman can feel the movements of the fetus, or can feel movements in her uterus. Even if that was a miscarriage, that was not enough to qualify as her womb quickening, but could be a hint that she is fertile again.

Specifically later in pregnancy when the woman can feel the movements of the fetus, or can feel movements in her uterus. Even if that was a miscarriage, that was not enough to qualify as her womb quickening, but could be a hint that she is fertile again.

Early in GoT Cat actually refers to quickening as becoming pregnant. Something like "hopes that it quickens, she wants to give him another son, they are not too old"

also Dany is mentioned as a quickening in her mother's belly when they flee KL.

Good point, Bran was not dead.

I don't necessarily buy the Lady ---> Bran theory. Whereas MMD's life ended at the same time Dany's was saved from the funeral pyre, thus exchanging life for death, according to The Global Westerosi Timeline, there is a twenty day gap between when Lady was killed and when Bran woke up from his dream. This doesn't necessarily mean that the two aren't related since Bran begins his chapter by talking about how he feels as if he's been falling for years and then he hears the three eyed crow - but it does suggest the two aren't as closely related as MMD/Dany's exchange or the Drogo/Rhaego/Horse exchange.

It could be that Lady's death didn't save Bran itself, but instead drew Bloodraven's attention back to Bran and his plight, since separating the bonds between the direwolves caused such an extreme reaction in all the other animals and Bloodraven would probably notice such a disturbance in the "force."

Of course, if he notices when direwolves die then he'd probably notice his would-be protege fell out of a tower and needed him, so we're right back to "probably not related but who knows"

I don't necessarily buy the Lady ---> Bran theory. Whereas MMD's life ended at the same time Dany's was saved from the funeral pyre, thus exchanging life for death, according to The Global Westerosi Timeline, there is a twenty day gap between when Lady was killed and when Bran woke up from his dream. This doesn't necessarily mean that the two aren't related since Bran begins his chapter by talking about how he feels as if he's been falling for years and then he hears the three eyed crow - but it does suggest the two aren't as closely related as MMD/Dany's exchange or the Drogo/Rhaego/Horse exchange.

It could be that Lady's death didn't save Bran itself, but instead drew Bloodraven's attention back to Bran and his plight, since separating the bonds between the direwolves caused such an extreme reaction in all the other animals and Bloodraven would probably notice such a disturbance in the "force."

Of course, if he notices when direwolves die then he'd probably notice his would-be protege fell out of a tower and needed him, so we're right back to "probably not related but who knows"

I think people get that idea from the show, the book makes it seem that Bran was dreaming with the 3EC and then woke up at the end and it didn't imply that it was same time Ned killed Lady.

Varys in AGOT talking to The Ned about who might have poisoned Jon Arryn:

The Ned, and I, assumed he was talking about Ser Hugh of the Vale, Jon Arryn's former squire. But he's actually talking about Littlefinger.

When I realised this = mind officially blown. The Spider's damn riddling!!

Whaaaaaaaaaaat I just got this too!

Also, my mind is just blown about Oberyn poisoning Tywin. That was excellent. I came home and told my boyfriend and he politely nodded... DAMN IT I need someone to talk to about this stuff!

I always thought it was the seed that did the quickening.

Catelyn's second chapter in aGoT:

She could feel his seed within her. She prayed that it might quicken there

So I think it might be enough to be pregnant (and later miscarry) to be considered quickening.

Edit: I am not really convinced she had a miscarriage in the aDwD, could be a lot of other things, but I'm not excluding it either...

I have just started rereading the books for the first time, but since I read the forum and the wiki a lot, there isn't really much left for me to notice that has not already been noticed before. :P

One thing I thought interesting was grand maester Aethelmure being mentioned a couple of times in the first half of Game of Thrones. When Tyrion is reading books in the library of Winterfell he comments on the biography of grand maester Aethelmure as being the reason for septon Chayle sleeping. Later, in one of the Eddard chapters, grand maester Pycelle is quoting grand maester Aethelmure during the discussion on Jon Arryn's death.

I did pretty ok, having caught the some of the semi-obvious hints, like Frey pie, Sandor alive, patchface w/ RW, the cat balerion. I had suspicions about Oberyn poisoning Tywin but since it was obvious that Tyrion killed him, i didn't think back about it anymore. but I was pretty shocked to find out about

R + L = J, i know there isn't a confirmation yet, but i'm already sold on this one. if it weren't for the forums i would have never picked up on that one

the quentyn, sun rising thing, i didn't pick up on that too, but at that time it didn't seem important.

Aegon as a blackfyre, i didn't see it and tbh, im not yet sold on that one.

but what in the hell is the HOODED GUY? i have no idea what you guys are talking about :shocked:

can anyone enlighten me?

I never knew Robert Baratheon was born in the Dothraki Sea. It is stated in the the World of Ice and Fire app.

That's incorrect, he was born in Storm's end. Either you were looking at someone else's "profile", or the app is incorrect, but if the latter, I can't believe noone has caught it till now, since quite a few mistakes have been pointed out by users, and that's a huge one. Would you or someone who has the app check on this again please?

Early in GoT Cat actually refers to quickening as becoming pregnant. Something like "hopes that it quickens, she wants to give him another son, they are not too old"

also Dany is mentioned as a quickening in her mother's belly when they flee KL.

Regardless of what it sounds like, I'm not sure it is just pregnancy. Historically quickening goes hand in hand with ensoulment, which is the point at which ancient Greeks (300BC) believed a fetus finally had a human soul, this point was basically set as when quickening began (18 to 24 weeks into pregnancy for most women). Roman Catholics from around the 12th until much later (and through the Medieval times which would correspond with ASOIAF without the magic, etc.) used the same line of thinking. Quickening basically denoted in those times at what point the mother, even though bodily changes had already begun, would know that pregnancy was certain.

That's incorrect, he was born in Storm's end. Either you were looking at someone else's "profile", or the app is incorrect, but if the latter, I can't believe noone has caught it till now, since quite a few mistakes have been pointed out by users, and that's a huge one. Would you or someone who has the app check on this again please?

The app says Dothraki Sea. Weird.

Archived