TTTNE 377: January In Winterfell

DreamSongs

Aye, I agree good luck Storm.

2nd place in the pub quiz! Get in Quiz-Team-a Aguilera!

I finally started watching season two of Game of Thrones. I'm a little meh on some of the casting. I pictured Asha way different in my mind, so it's kind of jarring to see someone who looks nothing like Asha playing her role. Also, I thought the guy they cast for Davos was Stannis (lol)! And I think the guy they cast for Stannis is all wrong. I picture Stannis as being much stronger, I don't see the guy they picked for Stannis being very king like or Stannis like.

Not Asha... Yara :bang:

Not Asha... Yara :bang:

:lol: Yeah. Yara...

I agree completely Tammy. Stannis was way too weak.

And to be honest I don't like Sansa. I think she looks too... strong?

ETA: Why is it that whenever I'm broke I find a billion things to buy, but when I have a few extra dollars I can't find anything???

:lol: Yeah. Yara...

I agree completely Tammy. Stannis was way too weak.

And to be honest I don't like Sansa. I think she looks too... strong?

I agree somewhat about Sansa. For some reason the actress makes me able to handle Sansa better in the first series, and if the later books are any indication Sansa will become strong or stronger anyway. It's probably better to have an actress that's a bit stronger and should be able to portray the development of Sansa than have someone who is a really accurate portrayal of the weak Sansa who might not be able to portray Sansa as she changes. I don't know though.

You know what? Dentist visits when you don't have insurance is really expensive. I've been paying for my cleanings out of pocket for the past year or so since I stopped having insurance, but they only let you go so long between getting xrays before you have to get them again. Ouch.

I hope I get a job soon that has insurance. It's just the little things I want you know. On that note, I'm trying to put together applications for about 5 jobs to apply for. It's such a process and takes so much time to apply for academic jobs. Wish me luck!

I agree somewhat about Sansa. For some reason the actress makes me able to handle Sansa better in the first series, and if the later books are any indication Sansa will become strong or stronger anyway. It's probably better to have an actress that's a bit stronger and should be able to portray the development of Sansa than have someone who is a really accurate portrayal of the weak Sansa who might not be able to portray Sansa as she changes. I don't know though.

Reading the post made me realize what the problem I have is. Book-Sansa is so excited and giddy about the queen and Joff, etc., while TV-Sansa is moody and looks like she doesn't care. Perhaps part of that is because they aged her up, but that makes it so much harder to understand her motives and her naivite.

I'm not a big fan of the TV show in general, though.

You know what? Dentist visits when you don't have insurance is really expensive. I've been paying for my cleanings out of pocket for the past year or so since I stopped having insurance, but they only let you go so long between getting xrays before you have to get them again. Ouch.

I hope I get a job soon that has insurance. It's just the little things I want you know. On that note, I'm trying to put together applications for about 5 jobs to apply for. It's such a process and takes so much time to apply for academic jobs. Wish me luck!

Good luck with the job hunt!

I don't have insurance either and have been dealing with that by pretending everything is fine and not going to any doctors or dentists. Probably not a good idea. Hubby is job hunting and were hoping he can find a job with benefits...

Welcome back L_T! You always brighten the place up.

Good luck Tammy, Fruity Pebbles (Ser Storm) and Lany with the job-related stuff stuff. :grouphug:

TC, it's always either freezing or like an oven in the area where I work due to outdated temperature controls. My coworker said she took to leaving a sweater in the office last summer.

"House Targaryen"... all I can say is, 'sup? You going to stick around this time? ;)

BlackBear and anyone else curious about Mafia: Give it a shot! Worst case scenario, you're the first one lynched and get to watch the rest of the game anyway.

Now my news. My dog's been drinking water like crazy and wetting the bed lately, and we think she might have Cushing's disease. It's caused by a tumor on her pituitary gland and isn't really curable. The good news is she can go on living with it. But she's twelve, so knock on wood. :(

Umm, stupid question but why is this thread in games and not general chatter?

Is there a game to this that I don't know?

I got the Dark Knight Trilogy on Blu Ray today! Already watched the first.

The short answer is, posts here don't count. The long answer can be found on MG's site.

Reading the post made me realize what the problem I have is. Book-Sansa is so excited and giddy about the queen and Joff, etc., while TV-Sansa is moody and looks like she doesn't care. Perhaps part of that is because they aged her up, but that makes it so much harder to understand her motives and her naivite.

I'm not a big fan of the TV show in general, though.

Good luck with the job hunt!

I don't have insurance either and have been dealing with that by pretending everything is fine and not going to any doctors or dentists. Probably not a good idea. Hubby is job hunting and were hoping he can find a job with benefits...

Ugh. Insurance. Double ugh. I have to have inusurance because I'm asthmatic. Last year, when the hubs finally left the military we had to go on their cobra coverage and let me tell you...$2,555.00 every 3 months. And the insurance through is company is about $1000 per MONTH for Kaiser :ack: :shocked:

And the "Obama" insurance that they passed for people that have pre-excisting illnesses requires you to be without insurance for 6 months. What?? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I don't know what is going on with the weather around here but it is going to be in the 30's the rest of the week. I've lived here for over a decade now and can't remember it ever getting this cold. My poor gardens are going to freeze :( The dog only walks to the end of the street, does his thing, and goes right back home. Guess he's not one for the cold. BRRRRRRRrrrrr.

Also, I've been job hunting for the past year and even getting a part-time job that pays more than $18/hr is extremely difficult.

Edit: KC - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog :( Many :grouphug: for you and her. My cats are all 12 and starting to act old and do some odd things. I invested in a waterproof mattress cover because one kept having accidents a while back. If that helps at all :)

I finally started watching season two of Game of Thrones. I'm a little meh on some of the casting. I pictured Asha way different in my mind, so it's kind of jarring to see someone who looks nothing like Asha playing her role. Also, I thought the guy they cast for Davos was Stannis (lol)! And I think the guy they cast for Stannis is all wrong. I picture Stannis as being much stronger, I don't see the guy they picked for Stannis being very king like or Stannis like.

I agree with all of this. I don't really see why they had to change Asha's name but that aside, she looks nothing like I imagined her :lol: As for Stannis, I imagined him to be a bit more...as if he has a stick up his ass. A little more gritty. And with bug eyes. The guy who plays him seems too normal :dunno: Oh well. During last season I tried to separate the books from the show in my mind. Hopefully I can do that with more success this time.

And thanks again for the well wishes, all :grouphug:

Edit: KC - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog :( Many :grouphug: for you and her. My cats are all 12 and starting to act old and do some odd things. I invested in a waterproof mattress cover because one kept having accidents a while back. If that helps at all :)

:grouphug: Yeah, I need to get some spot remover for my mattress. She's a smallish dog (16 pounds) and it's just enough that I don't think I noticed at first. When I took the sheets off the bed, you could tell it'd happened a couple times aleady. I've felt bad lhaving to kick her off my bed and making her sleep on some old blankets. :( Hopefully we can get it under control.

ETA: Like, hi Fruity and stuff also as well. :P

:grouphug: Yeah, I need to get some spot remover for my mattress. She's a smallish dog (16 pounds) and it's just enough that I don't think I noticed at first. When I took the sheets off the bed, you could tell it'd happened a couple times aleady. I've felt bad lhaving to kick her off my bed and making her sleep on some old blankets. :( Hopefully we can get it under control.

ETA: Like, hi Fruity and stuff also as well. :P

Maybe try getting her a dog bed to put on top of your bed? Costco had one that is washable for $20 awhile back. I bought one for my furry little monsters. I put it in the front picture window of the house but yet they still leave hairballs on it :ack:

I really am sorry that she isn't feeling well. It's heartbreaking when pets don't feel well. I guess all you can do is give her lots of love and make her comfortable until she gets feeling better.

Ugh. Insurance. Double ugh. I have to have inusurance because I'm asthmatic. Last year, when the hubs finally left the military we had to go on their cobra coverage and let me tell you...$2,555.00 every 3 months. And the insurance through is company is about $1000 per MONTH for Kaiser :ack: :shocked:

And the "Obama" insurance that they passed for people that have pre-excisting illnesses requires you to be without insurance for 6 months. What?? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Whaa?? I buy my own insurance too and I thought I paid a lot but that is full tilt crazy. Granted I am only one person, I guess when you have a family the costs are just that much more enormous...

KC sorry to hear about yr dog, hope she is OK...

Maybe try getting her a dog bed to put on top of your bed? Costco had one that is washable for $20 awhile back. I bought one for my furry little monsters. I put it in the front picture window of the house but yet they still leave hairballs on it :ack:

I really am sorry that she isn't feeling well. It's heartbreaking when pets don't feel well. I guess all you can do is give her lots of love and make her comfortable until she gets feeling better.

I may do that. Going to try to limit her water intake for now and see if that helps.

Thank you again all for the good vibes. And good luck with your job hunt as well! :grouphug:

Whaa?? I buy my own insurance too and I thought I paid a lot but that is full tilt crazy. Granted I am only one person, I guess when you have a family the costs are just that much more enormous...

KC sorry to hear about yr dog, hope she is OK...

Isn't it batshit crazy? It's almost as expensive as our mortgage and I'm sorry but nobody should have to pay that much. And of course we make too much for the State sponsered insurance. This is why I want to go back to work full-time somplace with good benefits but it seems most companies (if hiring at all) are hiring for part-time or job share because they want to avoid paying benefits. It creates a lot of stress for our family.

In other news, my trip to the gym has left me in utter pain lol. I only walked 3.5 miles but apparently it was enough to make me regret it. I was just so tired of having a cold and being cooped up. Just not a good idea to force your body when it's not up to par I guess. Derp.

Archived