[Project] Sigil quiz

Alestrius

Hi everyone!

I'm new here. The reason why I came is that I was thinking about making a quiz about the different houses of West

eros. Of course you can already find such a kind of stuff on the net, but of most of them only concern the main houses or the HBO series.

So, I've found this cool website where you can display an image before writing the question/answers. Here you can see my work so far: http://fr.quizity.com/play/quiz/6509/Sigils_of_ice_and_fire_game_thrones_hbo_george_rr_martin

There are only 14 questions so far and I only used the sigils displayed by a wiki of ice and fire.

What I would like to do is to be able to creat a "balanced" quiz. By this I mean something that would be accessible for the random/casual guy who likes ASOIAF (main houses questions) but which would also be a bit challenging for the hardcore fan (lesser houses questions).

I think it would be fun and productive not to do it alone. So if there is anybody of you who feels enthousiastic about this, I would be glad to hear your suggestions or your feedback about what I've done so far

:)

Got them all!!

I think there a bit too easy. You may want to add some deception in the questions. I like that you have Targayren as an option with the Blackfyre coa (question 7). To make it more deceptive I would not had placed the Targaryen coa immediately below it (question 8). When you see the Targaryen coa you realize that the previous coa is not Targaryen but Blackyre.

Following this "deception" line I'd add as answers some house names that are similar (like you are doning with Karstark - Greystark) for instance Chester / Chelsted / Charlton or Rhysling / Risley / Ryswell. (The category noble houses can be of use)

Or to give houses that have some similarities in their coat of arms as options: Bolling / Wensington or Lothston / Whent.

Or combination of these: House Vance of Atranta / House Vance of Wayfarer's Rest, House Fossoywas of Ciderhall / House Fossoway of New Barrel.

Edit:

It is great that you have used our coat of arms images for your quiz. There is a requirement for using (non-copyright) items on the wiki and that is that you have add somewhere on you page a line that the images come from our wiki with a link to us. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hey Alestrius! I also got them all! You have a really nice quiz going on :)

To add to the challenge you could also have some questions where you show just the sigil and we have to choose which one is its house's words. (of course you'd have to remove them from the sigils on the other questions :P but that would also increase, if just a little, the difficulty on those) I know there are a lot of houses whose words we still don't know, but this way you'd have a few more questions ;)

Another question might be "on which territory does the house with the sigil above have it's domains/castle/city?" with options such as The Reach, The Crownlands, The North, The Riverlands, etc.

Dunno, just thinking out loud :idea:

Good luck with the quiz :thumbsup:

Archived