Theories you simply don't believe

mitch176

I'm going off the assumption that due to the sheer amount of theories out there (Crackpot or not) that a lot of you are going to have theories you don't buy into.

I, for one, am firmly against the idea of Aegon being a fake. Or, if he is I believe it'll never be made public knowledge and George will let people figure out for themselves.

I also don't buy into Syrio being a FM, he died in King's Landing to save Arya, that's it.

Post your's, let me know what you don't believe.

This one's skipped by me, care to explain?

Tyrek's the little kid Lannister that disappeared during the riot in King's Landing in the second book, and we never learn what happened to him because he never turns up again and they never find his body. And I think Jaime suspects that Varys probably kidnapped the kid because he was King Robert's squire and would know lots of useful info.

Basically there's a theory that, like Aegon, that Tyrek will show up again as Varys's pawn to usurp Casterly Rock. It's bull.

A+J=T

I refuse to believe this.

-applause-

I, for one, am firmly against the idea of Aegon being a fake. Or, if he is I believe it'll never be made public knowledge and George will let people figure out for themselves.

-more applause-

And now for the big one: I do not believe R + L = J.

I don't believe:

1. That Lemore is Ashara.

2. That Darkstar is anyone other than Gerold Dayne.

3. That Tyrion is a Targaryen.

4. That Aegon is real.

5. That Coldhands is Benjen.

People are within their right to disblieve R+L=J, just as I'm in my right to use that judgment against them when it comes to evaluating the merits of their other arguments. :)

I refuse to believe that Cersei and Jaime are Aerys' children. We don't know a lot about Joanna, but she doesn't seem like the kind of woman who would ever sleep with a man besides Tywin, and I don't think she would have allowed Aerys to force himself on her.

I don't believe:

1. That Lemore is Ashara.

2. That Darkstar is anyone other than Gerold Dayne.

3. That Tyrion is a Targaryen.

4. That Aegon is real.

5. That Coldhands is Benjen.

People are within their right to disblieve R+L=J, just as I'm in my right to use that judgment against them when it comes to evaluating the merits of their other arguments. :)

I second all of these except the last. Still not sure about Benjen and Coldhands. I would prefer it if Benjen were not Coldhands, though. Starks deserve better than undeath.

Others I don't buy are:

Oberyn poisoned Tywin.

Syrio = Jaqen.

Cersei and/or Jaime are the spawn of Aerys.

Oberyn poisoned Tywin

Same.

That any of Tywin's kids were fathered by Aerys.

:tantrum: I hate hate hate HATE HATE those theories with a great and burning passion. Just. NO!!!

Other theories i do not like or believe:

Jojen paste. |:[

Darkstar is a secret Targ. No. He is Gerold Dayne. Deal with it.

Sansa will marry Aegon. :bang:

Tyrion will be a dragonrider. Uhh why again? :rolleyes:

Stannis will end up on the Iron Throne. Sorry Stannis fans, but i do not buy it.

That there are any other secret Targs besides Jon.

Rhaegar being alive. Im a huge Rhaegar fan but no i do not think he is alive.

Oh yeah...the Syrio theories make me want to punch things.

That Benjen is Coldhands. NO WAY would GRRM ever be that predictable.

This plus the following: -

1. That Tyrion is a Targaryen.

2. That Syrio Forel was a FM, and didn't die in KL.

3. That Arthur Dayne (or any of the KG present) didn't die at the Tower of Joy.

4. That Rhaegar is alive.

5. That Jojen Reed was turned into paste. It's just Weirwood Sap, which is red!

There are probably others, but I can't remember them at the moment.

And you shall similarly be judged. Gullibility is no sin, but it is laughable.

Yeah I also don't believe in Jojen paste, Syrio being alive or Tower of Joy Kingsguard running around. Not keen on magic dragon blood or Dany and the Starks becoming BFFs, either.

As for Oberyn poisoning Tywin, I think there's enough there to suggest it but it won't ever be confirmed, so it's not really worth it to me one way or the other.

And you shall similarly be judged. Gullibility is no sin, but it is laughable.

Gullibility is believing blindly, without analysis, what you're told at face value. Jon's parentage is absolutely not that.

Archived