Wilko Johnson(Ilyn Payne) has pancreatic cancer

UnbentFury

So, they could barely finish 10 episodes in the year, and you think that makes a good argument for them to attempt 13? I think you're arguing in the wrong direction... :unsure:

Well I posted that under the wrong thread!

To answer your question , I think what George wants could not be done right now , contracts rewritten, tons of more resources put on, would be a king's ransom.

Not that it could not be done just that the cost to profit would not allow it.

I do not know why they are stuck with a ~ 60 min. episode, if HBO is able to schedule films of uneven length into their program stream.

That would cost too, but is doable.

It is good to hear that he is enjoying himself and keeping busy doing what he loves. Always thought he was sufficiently intimidating in the show and did a good job of making me feel a bit uncomfortable whenever he stared someone down. Wish him all the best.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

The irony can't have escaped him - I hope very much for his recovery! and i hope they beef up his role in the show for at least one show, give him as many really good scenes as possible in Season 6 (assuming he is well enough to be in them, hopefully he will be)

Been a fan of Wilko for years because I've been a fan of his band Dr Feelgood. But yeah at first they thought it was untreatable but it happens that it wasnt and he seems to have beat it. Heard him getting interviewed on the radio recently and he's in great form and said hes feeling great. Would love to see him in a future g.o.t episode as hes a creepy as hell Ilyn Payne.

Archived