When You Wish Upon a Plot Point...

ladyofslytherin

The whole Cat and Jon thing - being distant is pretty demoralising and damaging for a small child. Think how it must have bee at festivals where there were present exchanges = eg like Xmas. Cat gives her boys a gift of some kind and say 6 year old Jon gets nothing. Very hurtful for a child that age. Name days celebrated differently etc.

I think the fact that Ned did NOT trust cat with the secret says it all. He feared that Cat would hate and hurt Jon. He prayed that she would never have to choose.

Sorry Cat was cruel as a step mother. Exactly like the step mother in Jane Eyre. I think sending Jon to the wall was pretty harsh. Also foolish. Jon at Winterfell would have given Robb much needed assistance. Jon could have stayed behind to protect Bran and Rickon.

Cruel by the standards of the modern Western world? Maybe, although honestly I'm at least half of the opinion that as he's not her kid, she shouldn't be expected to take any hand in raising him if she hates doing so.

Cruel by the standards of the setting? Not at all. Half of the parents that we meet probably treat their own children worse than Cat treats Jon and the mere fact of her tolerating him in the household is more than most bastards can ever hope for

I wish Cat was held hostage, giving Arya and Sandor a purposeful mission. What a great story that would be.

Now I really, really wish this.

I wish that Tyrion had just gone on a long fact-finding mission to find out where whores go and not come back.

I wish Jon had kept Ghost with him during his last Dance chapter.

I wish the WoS had never happened.

I wish the use of gang rape for male character angst didn't happen.

I wish Arya would have never gotten captured by the Hound from Beric.

I wish someone had told Gendry why he was so important.

I wish Shae hadn't sold Tyrion out to Cersei.

I wish Dany decided against taking Meereen.

I wish Jon Snow would have gotten the chance to tell Catelyn Stark where whores go.

• 1 year later...

I wish that someone would finally give the Trix rabbit some damn cereal, seriously those damn kids acted like they were walking around with a god damn box of diamonds. The damn rabbit is hungry so give him some of your fucking cereal you little rat bastards, elitist little shits. Sorry rabbit your not good enough for bowl of cereal.

Mine are mostly interruptions when we're getting a lot of information dumped on us, a prime example being Jon interupting Sam at the wall. Tyrion never deciding that he was going to turn where do whores go into a catchphrase would've been nice to.

Oberyn finishing off the mountain if we're talking about actual plot points going differently...Cat deciding that she'd rather stay dead would've worked for me to, though the prospect of getting to see her get killed again is appealing...

I wish Balon Greyjoy had taken up Theon's offer from Robb, and unleashed the might of the Iron Islands upon the Westerlands, as an ally of the North, instead of doing the most ill-conceived military campaign in Westerosi history.

It was so frustrating cause it just seemed so over the top stupid just to pile on to all the other problems for Robb's cause and allow them to cause chaos to help catalyze a bunch of character arcs(Theon, Bran, etc). Got to love an attempt to secede from a kingdom for self-rule, and then rather than attacking the people you're attempting to separate from, you go about helping them attack their enemy who by no means intended on standing in your way, even offering to work with you toward your cause.

Even from reaving perspective it seemed somewhat dumb. Rather than attacking the believed to be richest region in Westoros they go attempt to pillage modest Northern cities of which they have to travel great distances and travel a ways inland to get to the bulk of the population.

I certainly don't think Balon is a particularly smart man, but at the same time this all seemed really easy to grasp. I'm sure part of the decision was partly a vendetta against the Starks for their role in their last Rebellion and taking Theon as a ward and that partially clouded his judgement and others argue it's partially due to some weird quirk in the Ironborn Culture. Really more than anything it just seemed the most convenient for the story.

I wish Ned had never told Cersei what he knew.

I wish Ned had shoved that dagger into LF's neck after Littlefinger told him his wife was in the brothel.

I wish Bran had never been pushed from that tower.

I wish Robb had never married Jeyne Westerling.

I wish Arya never had to suffer the way she did after leaving Winterfell.

I wish Robb had marched to King's Landing, rescued Sansa, dragged Joff out of Maegor's Holdfast by his hair, and executed him. And Catelyn shanked Cersei.

I wish that :

Lady didn't die.

Ned never told Cersei that he knew.

Arya never went to Braavos.

Sansa had gone with the Hound.

the spearwives had killed more important people in Winterfell.

Robb had never gone to the Crag.

Borroq had given Jon lessons in warging.

Dany never knew that she was a Targaryen.

I would say that I wish Jaime never told Tyrion, but it made Tyrion mad enough to tell him about Cersei so that made up for it.

Ned don't kill lady but secretly let her go instead. We could have had a tag team with the two she wolves kicking ass in the river lands.

That the red viper had talked a little less, stabbed a little more.

Danny decides just to give up on Essos, teams up with Quentyn and gets her queenly backside back home.

Anything Ned does in kings landing. Like anything at all.

Archived