Bran, Nymeria and Sansa theory...crackpottest of them all

Mladen

In the past I had some crazy theories, but the last one that occured to me is actually craziest of them all. Truthfully, I am more interested in Game than mythological side of ASOIAF, but I can`t deny that dragons, Others, wargs, AAR/PTWP and other prophecies, legends and myths aren`t essential part of the story. So I was looking for a theories that can connect both part of ASOIAF. And I won`t talk about Dany, Jon or Stannis. Stark kids are who I am interested in. To be accurate, Sansa, Bran and part of Arya`s soul in Nymeria.

The whereabouts of Bran, Sansa and Nymeria are well known. Bran is far north uniting himself with a tree. Sansa is in the Vale, and Nymeria is hunting with her pack in Riverlands. So, how to unite them?

Bran`s powers are growing, and it`s not that strange to believe that soon he`ll be able to warg almost anything, including Nymeria. Even more, all Stark direwolves are connected to each other, which ultimately means Stark kids are connected to each other. Further more, unlike in the Eyrie, in Royce castle there is a Godswood, so Bran can actually find out about Sansa`s location. Nymeria, on the other hand, has created her own pack and wolves have been following her ever since. Normally and I strongly believe in this, with all those male wolves, she would continue her line.

But, what kind of wolf Nymeria would give birth? Some sort of breed of northern direwolf and Riverlands` wolf. Unlike Lady who was 100% North, this new cub would be more appropriate to Sansa. And Sansa is Stark, no matter what anyone says. Yes, she lost her direwolf and therefore is disconnected with her Stark side, but throughout the books, she has showed how much of Ned is in her. Basically, I want her to have another cub, some sort of exchange for Lady.

In short, Nymeria gives birth to a cub. Bran, using his super-warging powers, takes her and her cub to the Gates of the Moon, where is Sansa at the moment. Sansa takes cub a she once took Lady, and befriended it. She hides Nymeria and her cub in Godswood. Ultimately, new cub will be Sansa`s protector.

This, by all standards, is crazy. But, not just that I want it to work. I actually see it happenning (maybe in some perfect world of mine). But, theories are just that - theories. Maybe I am totally wrong, or maybe somehow this can be true. Do you like it? What do you think?

I actually always thought it more likely that Sansa would end up with Nymeria.

In the beginning Sansa represented the south and Arya represented the north- and they both completely rejected each other. Now that Sansa has matured she really wants to go home, she realized the south she had in mind was a total illusion and she wants the North back more than anything else.

I always picture in my mind Sansa trying to escape somehow and being saved by Nymeria and her great wolf army xD

And humans won't help her home maybe the wolves will. (I know I'm delusional, but I want Nymeria and her wolf army to do something cool :drunk: )

Foreshadowing from AGoT:

She could find Nymeria in the wild woods below the Trident, and together they’d return to Winterfelll, or run to Jon on the Wall.”

Arya and Nymeria's story also closely parallels Queen Nymeria. Queen Nymeria was an army commander. Nymeria has gathered an "army" for Arya to command. This can be how Catelyn's vision of seeing Arya as The Warrior manifests itself as Arya herself is not a warrior atm.

As far as puppies...Arya and Nymeria might be the same in this respect and never reproduce. They will only bring death instead of life.

"Women bring life into the world. We bring the gift of death. No one can do both.”

“Some will tell you that they are demons. They say the pack is led by a monstrous she-wolf, a stalking shadow grim and grey and huge. They will tell you that she has been known to bring aurochs down all by herself, that no trap nor snare can hold her, that she fears neither steel nor fire, slays any wolf that tries to mount her, and devours no other flesh but man.”

i think that if she bumped again in to some wolf cubs, she would smother them that same moment.

Nymeria? Who knows. There are rumors that she killed a baby but that is different than her own species.

• 4 months later...

I don't know if I can get on board with the 'Nymeria's puppy is Sansa's new Lady' idea, but I can wholeheartedly agree that I suspect (and hope) that there will be some plot line connecting one, two or more of the following: Bran, Summer, Sansa, Arya, Nymeria + Wolf pack.

When the Eyrie household descend to the gates of the Moon, Sansa will be far more detectable.

Something I would like to see happen is, on the off chance that LF and Sansa have to travel anywhere by land - the entire party get massacred by Nymeria and her pack save for Sansa.

A bit of a stretch…this is probably a bit too idealistic, considering the kind of story this is.

This and isn't Nymeria said yo attack every male that tries to reproduce with her?

Also, can wolves and direwolves reproduce?

• 2 months later...

Why would Bran bring them to Sansa? Would he even know it was Sansa if he saw her? No one recognizes her, including her Aunt Lysa, who only knew because Littlefinger told her. Its also told that Nymeria doesnt let any of the other wolves mount her, although in what book or chapter I forget. If I find it ill respond again. Like the idea, but dont see the relevance.

Interesting thoughts. May be a bit of reach. I've always had it in my mind that Arya and Nymeria would never be togther again. Sad to say, but its my thought. I don't see Arya living through the series. Perhaps the two meet again, for a brief period. As for Bran and Sansa. I agree, Bran can warg Nymeria. But I think, he will do so to and bring Nym to Sansa as a protector. A bit poetic, that Nym and Arya were semi at fault for the death of lady.

Op- I like it. I would find it sort of fitting that Sansa would get one of Nym's pups since Lady was put down because of Nym's actions (broadly speaking, not delving deep into the argument, but Nym attacked Joff and Lady died because of it). Nym could return Sansa's wolf since she helped take away the first one.

I like this theory Mladen and props to a well thought out crackpot for once in awhile. i just have one issue with this.

The Stark children have a special magical bond with their wolves we cant understand, will Sansa warging Nymeria affect the relationship between Arya and Nymeria?

I dont know but its something to consider. Gotta kind of agree with this Stannis Eats no Peaches on that this may be a bit idealitic but hey we all create those kind of theories for are favorite characters.

Why would Bran bring them to Sansa? Would he even know it was Sansa if he saw her? No one recognizes her, including her Aunt Lysa, who only knew because Littlefinger told her. Its also told that Nymeria doesnt let any of the other wolves mount her, although in what book or chapter I forget. If I find it ill respond again. Like the idea, but dont see the relevance.

Her Aunt Lysa didn't recognize her because as far as we know, Sansa and Lysa never met before that time in the Fingers. Even with a different hair color, Bran would absolutely recognize Sansa.

I would love it if Nymeria recognized her too.

In the past I had some crazy theories, but the last one that occured to me is actually craziest of them all. Truthfully, I am more interested in Game than mythological side of ASOIAF, but I can`t deny that dragons, Others, wargs, AAR/PTWP and other prophecies, legends and myths aren`t essential part of the story. So I was looking for a theories that can connect both part of ASOIAF. And I won`t talk about Dany, Jon or Stannis. Stark kids are who I am interested in. To be accurate, Sansa, Bran and part of Arya`s soul in Nymeria.

The whereabouts of Bran, Sansa and Nymeria are well known. Bran is far north uniting himself with a tree. Sansa is in the Vale, and Nymeria is hunting with her pack in Riverlands. So, how to unite them?

Bran`s powers are growing, and it`s not that strange to believe that soon he`ll be able to warg almost anything, including Nymeria. Even more, all Stark direwolves are connected to each other, which ultimately means Stark kids are connected to each other. Further more, unlike in the Eyrie, in Royce castle there is a Godswood, so Bran can actually find out about Sansa`s location. Nymeria, on the other hand, has created her own pack and wolves have been following her ever since. Normally and I strongly believe in this, with all those male wolves, she would continue her line.

But, what kind of wolf Nymeria would give birth? Some sort of breed of northern direwolf and Riverlands` wolf. Unlike Lady who was 100% North, this new cub would be more appropriate to Sansa. And Sansa is Stark, no matter what anyone says. Yes, she lost her direwolf and therefore is disconnected with her Stark side, but throughout the books, she has showed how much of Ned is in her. Basically, I want her to have another cub, some sort of exchange for Lady.

In short, Nymeria gives birth to a cub. Bran, using his super-warging powers, takes her and her cub to the Gates of the Moon, where is Sansa at the moment. Sansa takes cub a she once took Lady, and befriended it. She hides Nymeria and her cub in Godswood. Ultimately, new cub will be Sansa`s protector.

This, by all standards, is crazy. But, not just that I want it to work. I actually see it happenning (maybe in some perfect world of mine). But, theories are just that - theories. Maybe I am totally wrong, or maybe somehow this can be true. Do you like it? What do you think?

I can imagine Sansa meeting up with Nymeria if she ran away from where she was currently.

Not sure if the encounter would go all that well, but Nymeria would know her. How that might go depends if Arya's warging her or not. Might protect her. Might not.

Or perhaps, now that she is somewhere where there might be a proper godswood with a weirwood tree, maybe she will end up in contact with Bran in some way.

Eh, Sansa had a direwolf, and she blew it. She's not going to get a second kick at the can.

Because no one ever gets a second chance. And she didn't blow it. Cersei was going to have the life of a direwolf one way or another. And if GRRM insists all Stark children are wargs, why deprive Sansa of a very special gift?

Archived