Ripper Street- a Spook and a Sellsword

Darth Visenya

That was epic.

Very good finale!

I'm surprised they let Susan get away with it, but with what the conspiring to 'deal with' her even more despicable father they certainly couldn't arrest her. It definitely felt like a series finale, but they left it open enough to come back to it.

But she was seen in the holding cell at the end there, so I assume they're charging her with some lesser crime. Jackson joined her there, so I guess he turned himself in too?

• 2 weeks later...

That was epic.

But she was seen in the holding cell at the end there, so I assume they're charging her with some lesser crime. Jackson joined her there, so I guess he turned himself in too?

Maybe. Or he was showing her his support. I mean she's pregnant.

I loved the ending. It was really great.

• 3 months later...

Amazon Orders 2 More ‘Ripper Street’ Seasons For Prime Instant UK

Season 3 of the period drama launched on the UK’s Amazon Prime Instant Video in November last year and was streamed more than any other TV show, attracting larger viewing audiences than some major U.S. series. Amazon has now committed to two further seasons for Prime Instant in the UK. Filming is to begin immediately with launch dates still to be set.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/amazon-orders-ripper-street-two-seasons-1201425813/

I should not be in this thread, as I am watching it on BBC America and they only showed 2 episodes, but damn...The last 15-20 mins of that Episode 2...I don't know what to say.

This show does so many subtle things so well.

"Reid..Do not do this, brother. Do not do this!" Damn!

• 2 months later...

Ripper Street: Series 3 Launch Trailer - BBC One
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vykW85hYxfo

Starts Friday 21:00 on BBC One

I'm currently watching it on German telly (I don't really like the German voices) with my cousin. And we both like it. It's really a terrific series. From the first to the last episode. (And I already saw s3.)

I could probably watch it on amazon prime but they already have my money and I sort of feel the BBC shouldn't have cancelled it (or semi fund it). Then again if the ratings somehow increase (unlikely when serious fans have probably seen it already) it may suggest to BBC that all these types of show should go that route. And the BBC will slowly turn into a studio producer making shows for other networks,

I am finishing up watching series 3 tonight.  I've been watching it all week.  What an opening episode!

Oddly enough, or maybe not considering they share the same late 1880's time setting, it feels to me at least that Ripper Street -- particularly after watching the second season -- shows most completely the influence of Dead Wood.  Odd because one is the wild west frontier of North America, and Ripper Street is set in one of the most 'civilized' city in the world at the time.  Still, Ripper Street tends to show how large parts of London aren't civilized at all, and that people are left to live in such a scramble and filth shows how uncivilized the ruling elites in Parliament and city government are?  Still, it's the language they both employ, that most has me thinking this -- a language that is so different from that of Justified, in the ornate style that dates back through generations of the King James Bible on both sides of the Atlantic.  Justified's style is more local and peculiarly American.  At least that's how it strikes my ears.

Edmund Reid begins Season 3 so differently than he did in Season 1, and in the end of Season 3 he's more different than that.  Det. Sgt. Bennet Drake is even more wonderful  -- thanks to that fine actor who is such a pleasure to watch, Jerome Flynn. They are all very good, for that matter.  Like the BBC America Musketeers, the writers, actors and directors don't ever seem to hit a wrong note.

It was really nice to see the female characters being something other than whores, even if they aren't all angels.

It's taken this long to be able to see the dvds of season three.  When will season 4 be available.  (Don't say subscribe to amazon prime or whatever -- a person can only handle subscribing to so many sites for television and I've hit my limit.)

I believe I've read that amazon has ordered up seasons 4 and 5.

Yes, here is where I read it.

It also looks as though Matthew Macfadyen will be back.  I hope all the principals will be.

I'm getting excited.

Season four and five.

[spoiler]I really liked the last scenes of season three. It seemed to me Reid had finally found a bit of peace for all he's gone through with his daughter.[/spoiler]

Just giving you a hard time :thumbsup: You were just answering the other posters question, I almost pointed it out yesterday but got busy and spaced it.

No -- I do apologize because I know how annoying it is when posters don't check first.  I iz idiot!

Archived