Besides Aegon what are Arianne's marriage prospects?

Ice Turtle

I don't know if Dornish ruling Princesses marry consorts from among their bannermen, or whether that would cause resentment among the rest.

Other than that, I imagine her husband would surely have to be a Lord Paramount, the heir to a Lord Paramount, or someone very wealthy from Essos.

Willas Tyrell. In spite of the enmity between the Tyrells and the Martells, that would probably be among the strongest matches for both.

There are few problems with Willas - both are heirs at the moment, so this would be a great match if someone wanted independent Southorn kingdom, but not in current situation. Also Tyrells made a deal with devil Lannisters while Martells are aiming for Targs.

I don't know if Dornish ruling Princesses marry consorts from among their bannermen, or whether that would cause resentment among the rest.

Other than that, I imagine her husband would surely have to be a Lord Paramount, the heir to a Lord Paramount, or someone very wealthy from Essos.

They probably are marrying their own bannermen, but for example nor house Dayne nor Yronwoods have a suitable male, also these are the times when all the rest of the great houses is trying to make marriage alliances with other great houses and regions.

Theon - Legitimised Jon Stark - Harry the Heir - Edric Storm?

Her age isn't that important as long as she bears children and a younger husband is capable of that duty

...And who would legitimize Jon or remove him from the NW? You fairy princess ending types spring up everywhere. Aegon, is the only suitable claimant the Martells are interested in marrying.

There are few problems with Willas - both are heirs at the moment, so this would be a great match if someone wanted independent Southorn kingdom, but not in current situation. Also Tyrells made a deal with devil Lannisters while Martells are aiming for Targs.

True. But if Margaery is executed, the Tyrell-Lannister alliance is finished. The Tyrells have clearly been waiting for an ideal opportunity for Willas; I think he's basically the Tyrells' insurance policy against a Lannister betrayal.

She's welcome to marry me :P

But yeah, a match with Willas Tyrell would be a politically sound move to smooth over the whole Dornish/Reach enmity, but I doubt that Mace would be up to it, fool that he is. A major Dornish house like House Yronwood would also be suitable and I think Lord Anders has a few sons left. But then that would be pretty redundant considering Quentyn being fostered out.

...And who would legitimize Jon or remove him from the NW? You fairy princess ending types spring up everywhere. Aegon, is the only suitable claimant the Martells are interested in marrying.

Firstly I was asked for suitable options and gave them wind your neck in.

Second the whole thread is about suggesting suitable alternatives to Aegon.

Perhaps if you can tear yourself away from your fAegon shrine you can engage with the question at hand.

Furthermore I could throw Euron and Victarion into the mix but they are not after the traditional sort of marriages and are after a different wife. Perhaps Stannis if his current wife dies. Mayhaps Littlefinger even?

Gerris Drinkwater seems like her type. He's only from a knightly House, but it didn't dissuade her when she thought about marryng Darkstar.

Then there is Dickon Manwoody.

And possibly a few others who weren't notable enough for me to remember.

Outside of Dorne ... uh ... maybe a Hightower? I think that some of Leyton's sons are still unmarried. The question is if the Tyrells wouldn't mind. There are plenty of lesser Tyrells as well, but they may be too distantly related to the main branch for the marriage to pay off. There is also Willas, of course, but I can't help but think that he hides some kind of deviant behaviour or something (he just sounds so damn perfect), and Arianne would flee in terror once she encountered him.

One thing I've always wondered about was the Arianne / Edmure match which Hoster Tully planned. How would that work? Arianne and Edmure were both heirs to their regions, regions that don't even border on each other. They would meet every few months, have a babymaking sex constantly for about a fortnight, and then separate and each returns to rule their own kingdom?

Queen Danaerys of course, should she reign. She will at least make her nephew the offer of leaving the NW. Whether he decides to remain there is another story. No fairy tale ending needed. Dany will not let Rhaegar's son (who joined the NW without any true knowledge of who he is) toil away on the wall.

Furthermore I could throw Euron and Victarion into the mix but they are not after the traditional sort of marriages and are after a different wife. Perhaps Stannis if his current wife dies. Mayhaps Littlefinger even?

Interesting suggestions. Vic and Euron are out of Westeros probably trying to woo Dany. Stannis is freezing his ass off far away with nothing but about 1500 men. But Littlefinger... he is not very highborn but he has alliance of Vale and maybe Riverlands to offer. Though he is very far from Arianne's type.

She's welcome to marry me :P

But yeah, a match with Willas Tyrell would be a politically sound move to smooth over the whole Dornish/Reach enmity, but I doubt that Mace would be up to it, fool that he is. A major Dornish house like House Yronwood would also be suitable and I think Lord Anders has a few sons left. But then that would be pretty redundant considering Quentyn being fostered out.

I would like to add my vote for Willas as well. Mace Tyrell made the offer once before (along with Hoster Tully) and if things get sorted out politically, I see no reason for offer not to be made again. The creation of a super region would be great for both sides. The only question is inheritance. First born child is heir to both Sunspear and Highgarden? First child gets Highgarden, second child gets Sunspear? First daughter gets Dorne? Also where would Arianne stay? Dorne or the Reach? She could leave Lady Nym to rule for her like Doran relied upon Oberyn.

If Aegon is the last man standing, Jon Connington will likely get huge rewards. His former lordship and lands will be restored and increased. Aerys had named him lord of Storm's End and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands briefly. Aegon would likely restore that as well. Since we know Jon will never marry and has a terminal disease, he will likely name Ronnet Connington his heir (should he survive). As Lord of Storm's End, Lord of Griffin's Roost and Lord Paramount of the Stormlands, Ronnet would be more than suitable as a match.

I don't think its a good idea for heirs of different kingdoms to marry each other - the other kingdoms and Iron Throne will look askance at a potential merger of two kingdoms, and heirs should be in training to rule their respective kingdoms so one moving in with the other is detrimental to that.

In the case of Dornish ruling Princesses/heirs like Arianne, she should either marry second sons or younger brothers of the Lord Paramounts of neighbouring kingdoms (Renly Baratheon or Garlan Tyrell would have been good matches) and these men would move to Dorne to live with her, or one of her own bannermen, preferably from House Yronwood, Fowler or Dayne.

At the moment, her best marriage prospect is Faegon. But from his perspective, if he can convince the Dornish he is real, then he has little to gain from this as he already has a blood connection to them and the Martells should back him base on that. Why marry when you are already Arianne's cousin and Doran's nephew?

TBH, I think Faegon's best marriage prospect (apart from Dany) is Sansa.

I don't think its a good idea for heirs of different kingdoms to marry each other - the other kingdoms and Iron Throne will look askance at a potential merger of two kingdoms, and heirs should be in training to rule their respective kingdoms so one moving in with the other is detrimental to that.

In the case of Dornish ruling Princesses/heirs like Arianne, she should either marry second sons or younger brothers of the Lord Paramounts of neighbouring kingdoms (Renly Baratheon or Garlan Tyrell would have been good matches) and these men would move to Dorne to live with her, or one of her own bannermen, preferably from House Yronwood, Fowler or Dayne.

At the moment, her best marriage prospect is Faegon. But from his perspective, if he can convince the Dornish he is real, then he has little to gain from this as he already has a blood connection to them and the Martells should back him base on that. Why marry when you are already Arianne's cousin and Doran's nephew?

TBH, I think Faegon's best marriage prospect (apart from Dany) is Sansa.

this is good stuff

faegons best marrige would be BLACK WIDOW - Margy Tyrell - and its not imposible - tyrells used to beck Mad King

as for umm Arianne - me ....

Archived