Whom do you foresee Arya having to marry, if anyone at all?

Do you think she'll have to marry someone (like "Arya" was made to marry Ramsay Bolton) for the sake of her house? Do you think this will be pivotal if she's given a role either in the north or in the south?

Or do you think she'll go her whole life as a lone wolf? But, in this circumstance, is it likely she'll be given a position say as Warden of the North?

If she marries anyone me too thinks it will be Edrick Dayne (because of the Nymeria parallels), or Trystan Martell. I know he is bethroted to Myrcella but that can change. Beside Queen Nymeria married a Martell as well. If I remember correctly.

But besides them I don't really think she will marry.

In a perfect world she will end up with Gendry after he is legitimized and installed as Lord of Storms End by King Jon Targaryan. Poor Edric does't make it to the end of the story.

We all know the world is far from perfect so she will not marry at all and likely be forced to kill Gendry or something tragic of that sort.

I don't see her ever getting married.. Her own words were, "no Dad, that isn't me", when Ned said something to her about her future and marriage.

At that point she was like 11?

Wonder what that girl might think about boys and having kids when she gets older.

Just because she couldnt see herself as a wife or a mother when she was 11 does not mean that when/if she does fall in love she still wont marry.

If the Starks had remained together and there had been no war. Life goes on as normal then I say, good luck Ned! Arya would be stubborn and she would not marry someone she didnt want.

Look at Lyanna at the same time. She was a wild child like Arya but she grew up to be a romantic.

Nothing is set in stone because you dont feel like it when you are 11.

I don't see her marrying and wonder why everyone assumes she is heterosexual.

Well in that case, I can see her with Elia Sand.

Also because being bisexual/gay doesnt seem like that big a deal in Dorne.

So my first reaction when I read this topic was "hahahahaha- who's going to MAKE Arya do anything?"

After thinking about it for a bit, I guess it's possible that she ends up with Gendry (she definitely doesn't care about social status or legitimacy, so he'd fit nicely) or maybe Edric Dayne because I do like the Nymeria/Dorne connection.

On balance her relationship with Gendry sure seems to encompass a lot of awkward childlike flirtation and may be foreshadowing.

Archived