Whom do you foresee Arya having to marry, if anyone at all?

While it seems unlikely that Arya would marry by the end of the series, I see a betrothal to Edric Dayne as a possibility, with the caveat that there would indeed need to be an elder Stark or someone of nobility related to her to make this happen.

If you give credence to the theory that the seeds to the story are in the events of the Tourney at Harrenhal and Robert’s subsequent Rebellion, then it seems likely that Arya will be the one who pulls the only remaining Dayne (that we know of - not counting Darkstar, who is of the cadet house) back into the story. She’s already met him, he’s near her age, a squire to Dondarrion, had some sense to leave when Lady Stoneheart took over, and he appears to know more of the events surrounding his uncle, Ser Arthur Dayne and aunt, Ashara Dayne’s deaths, leading to the possibility of the big reveal of Eddard Stark’s promise to Lady Lyanna. Plus he goes by Ned . . . the foreshadowing is there – I believe it’s probable that a Dayne will have a role to play at the end.

First post – have been following for awhile!

Gendry.

At some point I feel like the knowledge that Gendry is Robert's son has to become public. I don't know how of course, but at some stage, something has to happen where people are aware of who he is. At the same time, it's been introduced that Kings can legitimize bastards, right? I have no clue which surviving King would do it, but if Gendry becomes Gendry Baratheon, then the original Stark/Baratheon marriage dream of Robert's could finally come true. Plus, it's Gendry, and he's freaking awesome.

I know, I know, it's a long shot, but it's one I'd love to see happen.

While it seems unlikely that Arya would marry by the end of the series, I see a betrothal to Edric Dayne as a possibility, with the caveat that there would indeed need to be an elder Stark or someone of nobility related to her to make this happen.

If you give credence to the theory that the seeds to the story are in the events of the Tourney at Harrenhal and Robert’s subsequent Rebellion, then it seems likely that Arya will be the one who pulls the only remaining Dayne (that we know of - not counting Darkstar, who is of the cadet house) back into the story. She’s already met him, he’s near her age, a squire to Dondarrion, had some sense to leave when Lady Stoneheart took over, and he appears to know more of the events surrounding his uncle, Ser Arthur Dayne and aunt, Ashara Dayne’s deaths, leading to the possibility of the big reveal of Eddard Stark’s promise to Lady Lyanna. Plus he goes by Ned . . . the foreshadowing is there – I believe it’s probable that a Dayne will have a role to play at the end.

Welcome to the forums.

Im not sure im down with the Edric Dayne thing but he is a Dayne...I like me some Daynes...

As long as its not Jon or Gendry.

Gendry for sure. She already likes him and he has a thing for her.

She won't be forced into any marriage, who can force her? Neither parent is around to do it....no siblings are around to do it or could....there is no one to "force" her into anything. If anyone tried she would simply disappear.

If she becomes a FM she will just have lovers, or one lover - Gendry.

Welcome Karmarni!

Great first post. I also share a fascination with the Daynes and the mystery that surrounds them.

I don't know who Arya will end up with or if she will end up with anyone at all. I do know that it would have to be on her terms. Edric and Gendry are the obvious choices because they are the only two young men we've seen her interact with. We know she at least liked them as friends. For Arya, I think romance would have to start with friendship.

As for Aegon, I don't think he's legit and I have a feeling he's going to die sooner rather than later. So I don't want my girl Arya anywhere near him. If I'm wrong and he's everything that Varys says/hopes he is, then Arya would probably like him... A lot.

I doubt that she will marry anyone. Someone in this forum suggested that she will only marry a man who can beat her in a fight, so she will never marry. I like that idea even though I have my doubts that she will be a that good fighter.

I she will marry (what I doubt) she would marry out of love not out of politicas reasons. If someone tries to marry her for political reasons she will refuse to do so or run away like Lyanna did.

I'm not saying I think Arya is a lesbian. I just don't like when people assume. I also think it's kind of weird that people talk about her getting married, in general. Her story arc is so far off from involving a future potential marriage, imo.

So, sorry I sidetracked with that thought. But really I don't see how she will get married and I don't think there is anyone that could force her to marry. Arya does what she wants and always has - she is extremely independent and the experiences that she is having now by the end of ADWD are only developing her into becoming a much more fiercely independent person.

I'd expect to see Asha get legitimately married before Arya and I don't really see that one happening either - neither of them seem destined to live in the traditional female roles that most women in Westeros live.

Seeing how Arya develops, I don't think she will need to get married at all. However, I can see her choosing a road companion/lover to be with her. Someone who is a friend and with who she will explore the world and live some adventures. That is why I would bet on Gendry if there should be anyone at all.

If you go through life assuming everyone is hetero you'd be right more than 9 times out of 10. If you go to the race track and pick 9 winners out of every 10 bets you'll soon be rich. It's a simple matter of percentages.

I wonder what the odds are for tomboys who go around stabbing people.

I'd bet a thousand bucks that GRRM is not going to turn her into a domesticated lady.

I know it a bit of a long shot but I suspect that in the eyes of the Northern (old gods) she is already married to Eddard Dayne. They walked jhand in hand around the weirwood tree and looked at the sunset.

Mind you I would RATHER she married Gendry - I like them both but have a soft spot for Gendry

I wonder who Ned was thinking of when he said he would marry her to a king-- there are not many candidates- Joffrey, Aegon (did Ned KNOW he was alive),someone in Essos??

I'm actually surprised no-one has said Aegon. Given that there are a lot of parallels between Lyanna and Aegon, she too could perhaps have a Baratheon (Gendry) and a Targaryen fight over her. Although if there's in merit to this then I hope to God she chooses Gendry as Aegon's a spoilt brat who I'm pretty sure the coin for has landed on crazy.

Is Arya's coin still spinning?

I know it a bit of a long shot but I suspect that in the eyes of the Northern (old gods) she is already married to Eddard Dayne. They walked jhand in hand around the weirwood tree and looked at the sunset.

Mind you I would RATHER she married Gendry - I like them both but have a soft spot for Gendry

I wonder who Ned was thinking of when he said he would marry her to a king-- there are not many candidates- Joffrey, Aegon (did Ned KNOW he was alive),someone in Essos??

Wouldn't have been Joffrey (he was for Sansa) but Aegon... now that is an interesting theory!

Wheels within wheels ;)

Wouldn't have been Joffrey (he was for Sansa) but Aegon... now that is an interesting theory!

Wheels within wheels ;)

Arya is said to look like Lyanna and have her nature too. Lyanna had Rhaegar Targaryen and Robert Baratheon claim to be in love with her. It's possible that Arya, given her parallels with Lyanna could find herself between Aegon Targaryen and Gendry (if he's legitimised). That's interesting to me, although we still don't quite know what happened to Lyanna... I just hope if there's merit to this theory then she chooses Gendry as opposed to that brat Aegon.

Archived