A Compendium of Theories

Full-Faced Braavosi

I don't think this one was listed but I found it to be a very interesting read: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/97597-speculating-about-davens-bride-and-the-rw-20/?hl=%2Bdaven+%2Blannister+%2Bbride

A discussion on Red Wedding 2.0 and Daven Lannister's bride (mostly who his bride will be) Its quite extensive :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, that's the one. Or at least that's the theory :)

I'm not entirely convinced, but I'm starting to talk mysel into it...

I've seen a screenshot of someone who emailed GRRM, and he confirmed that Quentyn's dead. No idea if it was faked or not, but I'm convinced either way.

One reason that people assume he's still alive is, because the body was so burned that it could easily have been someone else who died in that bed, there would be no way for Barristan to tell that it's really Quentyn... But just the possibility of fakery doesn't mean that it's more likely, one has to look at the story to see what makes sense and what doesn't.

The other reason is, that people believe, Quentyn's arc is pointless if he just died there and then without having accomplished anything. But that's not true. Dorne planned to pair him up with Daenerys and side with her when she comes to take her throne back. She refused him, and it looked like she even laughed at him (even though she just laughed because he was called "Frog" and turned out to be a prince). Daenerys' enemies have spread the most colorful rumors about her, for an outsider who doesn't know her it must truly look like she's the Mad King's daughter.

Now there's a second "Targaryen" contender for the Iron Throne, he's already in Westeros, and he's the son of Rhaegar and Elia. Dorne will be suspicious, of course, but I think when they hear that Quentyn was burned to death by dragonfire, that this will be the final tipping point that will make them side with that charming, young prince instead of the Mad Dragon Queen.

Daenerys will look to Dorne for help when she tries to take the Iron Throne, but she won't get it, and that's partly because of Quentyn's fate. What exactly could he accomplish if he was still alive and hidden away somewhere, for some reason...?

Quentyn's death has been foreshadowed a lot. Both Daenerys and Barristan predict, that he will die if he won't give up this doomed mission of his. To them, he just looks like a stubborn fool, unless there's something more to him, that they don't see... But we had a look into Quentyn's head, we know him, we know that he's just what he appears to be.

And we saw from his own POV that he was bathed in dragon flames...

Ok, I not posted here but have read almost every thread available.

Heres my theory.....

The Gods of Westeros are making a making a comeback.

The 7: (Some of these characters have had these names for most of the series already)

Jamie: The warrior

Brinene: The maid

Sandor: the stranger

Gendry: The smith

Dany: the mother (who will also pull a Nymeria by bringing all her ships to the Dorne coast just to burn them)

Cat?: the crone

Davos?: The Father

Old Gods:

Bran: He'll be able to talk through all the Weirwood trees

Drowned God:

Theon: What is dead may never die.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I suppose I'll offer up a few of my own ( I don't think they've already been mentioned ) I could update some of them ,since I keep finding more tid-bits , but there haven't been any major changes since they were first posted. Maybe some of these will meet the criteria...and maybe not ;)

These first two are a set , both dealing with the conspiracy to assassinate Jon.I didn't want to make the OP too long..I guess theyd sum up as Thorne and Marsh are behind the plot and Mully is their undercover man.

The next one dealing with Val and Tormund ( and others ) is perhaps my favourite. It posits that Val ( and Dalla ) and Tormund fill varioius priestly functions in the wildling religious practice..

And then there's my own take on the make-up of the GNC and identity of the HM

I have one or two more , but I really do need to update them before submitting them..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was a theory I had before ADWD was released.

Lyanna Stark gave birth to fraternal twins. Eddard gave the silver haired twin to Ashara to take into hiding overseas while Eddard took the other, Jon, back to Winterfell. Oh, it also includes a bit about Gerold Dayne being Eddard and Ashara's bastard.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/45762-ned-starks-real-bastard-and-jon-snows-twin/

Archived