Prince Lewyn's Paramour

Full-Faced Braavosi

Yes. I meant Taena for Doran's spy, not Taena as Lewyn's paramour. If his spy isn't Taena could it be the mystery paramour?

It's a possibility certainly. I think Taena is the more likely prospect for Doran's spy imo, but who knows. Personally I'm set on the paramour being Lemore.

It cannot be Olenna because she called Ellaria something along the lines of the whore of the snake. Plus, she is racist and absolutely hates the Dornish. But then it could be that prince Martell broke her heart and she is just acting out.

Doesn't Olenna dislike the Targaryens as well? She claims that in her youth she was to marry a Targaryen but she changed her mind. I suspect that it is possible that a Targaryen rejected her. But I don't think that it could be Olenna.

Could this paramour be Doran's "friend" at KL? I always leaned toward Lady Merryweather on that one but that's the only plot tie I can think of that would make her matter. No ideas on candidates though.

Very likely. His paramour could also be from Dorne. Perhaps one of the ladies in waiting of Elia. I wouldn't be surprise if the identity is revealed when the Sand Snakes arrive at KL.

So I guess it's not Olenna. I suppose it could be Tanda, but I'm still under the thought that it's not some house leader with children. Not necessarily bastard born like Ellaria Sand, but not somebody who would draw so much attention.

I'd like to form some theory that it is someone of Elia's entourage, Ashara Dayne, or Septa Lemore, but they all seem a little young (both to be called "old" now and to have carried on a notable paramouric relationship given the short period between their maturation and Lewyn's death).

I had a brainwave on this- it will matter if she was at the Tower of Joy.

Crackpot maybe, but I keep thinking we need a witness other than Howland Reed to turn up.

Interesting. I think it might be a bit odd for him to bring his paramour along (as he is not supposed to have one), unless she is there for some other reason like being a nurse to Lyanna.

There were others at the Tower of Joy besides those ten who fought, though it's unclear who (soldiers or nurses or regular people).

Could it be Arianne's mother?

Seems a bit unlikely, I think. Arianne's mother is Mellario of Norvos, only somewhat recently estranged wife of Doran.

Interesting. I think it might be a bit odd for him to bring his paramour along (as he is not supposed to have one), unless she is there for some other reason like being a nurse to Lyanna.

*Lewyn was at the Trident, so she would have been there as a companion to Lyanna, which would point to her being Dornish or someone from the Reach.

There were others at the Tower of Joy besides those ten who fought, though it's unclear who (soldiers or nurses or regular people).

*Agreed! There were others, the "invisible people" like servants, stable boys etc. just have to dig some up :)

Seems a bit unlikely, I think. Arianne's mother is Mellario of Norvos, only somewhat recently estranged wife of Doran.

Mellario is far too young, by about twenty years. Besides (while we're in crackpotville) she's gaining some support as Septa Lemore ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived