NFL 2012 Superbowl Prelude: Gods Must Be Strong

Sivin

Does the league think that branded suits would not sell? Because I'm fairly sure that they would, at least in quantities sufficient to be worth producing them. They could just be regular business suits with a medium sized path of the team on them. Or they could have them be team colors and all the head coaches would look like pimps. Either way, it's a new revenue stream.

Hank Stram in his KC Chiefs blazer is an indelible image of the NFL. They should bring those back.

Plus, I want to see Darth Hoodie cut the sleeves off of one.

Bah, I think the NFL should go the way of baseball and force all the coaches to dress up in his team's uniform. After all the best thing about baseball is the sense that if push came to shove, Don Zimmer was in uniform ready to play third base if A-Rod ever went down. Football is pretty good as is, but it could be great if we forced Rob Ryan or Monte Kiffin to be in full pads on the sideline, helmets at their sides, looking ready to charge the field during change of possession.

This is more genius than you might think.

The Jets would only consider this if they could throw in Mark Sanchez too. And somehow I doubt that SF's cap situation would allow picking up Revis and Sanchez, although I'll admit I don't exactly research the Niners cap room.

Oh dear God...

Look, lets return to that long far away place I call "Sunday evening." When the play happened, nobody even knew it happened. There was barely a whimper from anyone- and this is the Ravens we are talking about- a team that can find all bad ref calls even when they are disguised as good ones. That's what the Ravens do, they hit to the head hard, come back very quickly from otherwise season-ending injuries because they use a great deal of PEDs God loves their spunk, and bitch incessantly about the refs. But here it barely raised an eyebrow.

It was replayed and then AFTER THE GAME it was looked at. So, ESPN takes over. ESPN has 14 days to cover, like, 4 football stories in the run up to the Superbowl. One of those is that- and you may not know this that John and Jim Harbaugh are something called "brothers." So, there is that. Another story that ESPN could talk about but won't is that Ray Lewis helped with a double-murder many years ago. But "that's in the past." So, ESPN has to talk about something. So they talk about Brady's "slide kick."

As I stated 100 posts ago- I saw no "intent" to do anything and neither did the NFL. However, its still illegal to kick another player regardless of why you did it so they fined him. That's literally it. Its not a big deal. But its football and we have nothing else to talk about so .... "its in the past."

I would love to see Revis traded to the Pats but there is no way in Hell that will happen. Therefore I hope he goes to a NFC team.

BTW - for the seventh year in a row the AFC East played the NFC champion during the regular season. That HAS to be some kind of record.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure Harbaugh did bitch at the refs after the kicking incident. I think he even pantomimed it. Also, I think a Raven's player was bitching too.

Does the league think that branded suits would not sell? Because I'm fairly sure that they would, at least in quantities sufficient to be worth producing them. They could just be regular business suits with a medium sized path of the team on them. Or they could have them be team colors and all the head coaches would look like pimps. Either way, it's a new revenue stream.

IIRC, Reebok made suits for Nolan and Jack Del Rio one season. They were pretty terrible if memory serves. (The suits; not the coaches... but they were too.)

Its a shame too, I liked the look of Nolan on the sidelines in the suit. Harkens back to a time when our country took just a bit more pride in our presentation. I always think its funny to look at old pictures of baseball games or horseraces and look in the stands and everyone there is wearing a suit and a hat. :lol:

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure Harbaugh did bitch at the refs after the kicking incident. I think he even pantomimed it. Also, I think a Raven's player was bitching too.

Bingo. Everyone where I was watching the game immediately said "What the fuck was that?"

Harbaugh was on that immediately, that was some Ty Cobb bullshit there.

Bingo. Everyone where I was watching the game immediately said "What the fuck was that?"

Harbaugh was on that immediately, that was some Ty Cobb bullshit there.

Yep. Several boarders here commented in the game day thread and the announcers replayed and discussed the "slide kick" on air. ESPN manufactured outrage my butt.

Archived