NFL 2012 Superbowl Prelude: Gods Must Be Strong

Sivin

Well, Pats and Falcons will be headed to the Pro Bowl. Oh and so will someone else. This guy! Look for the brown, slightly plump guy in the Jason Witten jersey. I mean, if you are one of the 10 people watching it. :P

Well, Pats and Falcons will be headed to the Pro Bowl. Oh and so will someone else. This guy! Look for the brown, slightly plump guy in the Jason Witten jersey. I mean, if you are one of the 10 people watching it.

sorry I have to wash my cat at that exact time.

Wow. What happened to the Pats during that second half?

I am really not sure I am ready for a Harbowl. It will be the battle of the smarmy and the psychotic. Not brother against brother, but each brother battling his own jumbled and conflicting personality disorders on their respective sidelines, while an arm with a unibrow faces down a dude with a 115-pound pet tortoise and who makes TD runs like a goddamned frilled spiderlizard.

I wish Hunter S. Thompson were still alive. He'd be able to make sense of the savage and unhinged hell the Harbaughs are about to unleash on the Superbowl franchise. I will stock a lot of gin beforehand. I will need it.

Go SF Frilled Spiderlizards! (Jim Disco-Sideline-Freakout Harbaugh might be a smarmy psychotic, but he's our smarmy psychotic.)

That does it.

Another super improbable Superbowl team. And like all the other ones we've had in recent years, really can't discount the Ravens chances of winning it too.

Get ready to be sick of Harbowl stories by Tuesday this week.

Harbowl vs. "Ray Lewis in his final game"...anyone not in San Francisco or Baltimore will be ready to hang themselves over the course of the next two weeks...

Re: Ballard v. Pierce (prev. thread) - I don't think it is fair to judge Pierce as change of pace behind Baltimore against Ballard as main guy behind Indy's. Too early to make that call. I do know I'd take either of them over Ryan Mathews (barring a cleric and a sack full of healing potions).

On topic: Evil Bill goes down. All is good. I never get tired of watching him turn into a petulant child when he loses.

On Harbowl: Team John. I know too many annoying 49ers fans (and a handful of others)

Because Atlanta and New England would have been epic, right?

I suppose there are those (I am not one of them) who look forward to ESPN anchors desperately attempting to wring drama and meaning from the blandest matchup possible at this point in the post-season. It's performance art for the true connoisseur, not unlike appreciating which pianist's execution of 4'33" is the most poignant.

@DanWetzel 28 mins

Suggs: "Tell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant F---ers."

@DanWetzel 24 mins

Terrell Suggs: "These are the most arrogant pricks in the world starting with Belichick on down."

@DanWetzel

Suggs: "That's funny, ever since SpyGate they haven't been able to win."

Re: Ballard v. Pierce (prev. thread) - I don't think it is fair to judge Pierce as change of pace behind Baltimore against Ballard as main guy behind Indy's. Too early to make that call. I do know I'd take either of them over Ryan Mathews (barring a cleric and a sack full of healing potions).

On topic: Evil Bill goes down. All is good. I never get tired of watching him turn into a petulant child when he loses.

True on the fact that it's too early to judge Pierce. But Ballard has come a long way.

Also; love and agree with the Bill comment.

@DanWetzel 28 mins

Suggs: "Tell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant F---ers."

@DanWetzel 24 mins

Terrell Suggs: "These are the most arrogant pricks in the world starting with Belichick on down."

He took the words right out of my mouth.

Huh.

What an odd playoff. SF making it is not that odd I guess, though how they did it certainly was. But the ravens making it through Denver and the pats and making the pats look hapless - just odd. Not remotely what I was expecting.

In the midst of his semi poetic didactic lecture on love and football, did John Harbaugh just cite O.J. as an inspiration? I know he doesn't mean Simpson, but anything seems possible today. Also, he always seems nicer than my Harbaugh. My guy clearly sees everything as a competition, including press conferences...I thik John probably sees things slightly the same, but he hides it better.

belichek continues being the epitome of class refusing an interview with CBS, someone should explain to him that this is a business supported by money spending fans

He is the Basil Fawlty of pro sports. Like the hotel business seems to be ruined by people, so too is pro sports ruined by the media.

In the midst of his semi poetic didactic lecture on love and football, did John Harbaugh just cite O.J. as an inspiration? I know he doesn't mean Simpson, but anything seems possible today. Also, he always seems nicer than my Harbaugh. My guy clearly sees everything as a competition, including press conferences...I thik John probably sees things slightly the same, but he hides it better.

He meant OJ Brigance I assume.

Archived