Banshee

Fragile Bird

15 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Hide contents

So glad Rebecca is still in the show through flashbacks. Killing her off is not forgiven, but it's helpful with my grief.

:lol:

That hand slicing scene.... :ack:

Also, can someone help me out, perhaps I missed something, but where are Carrie's kids?

With dead husband's parents. 

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Relic said:

Anyone else think that the decision to include a serial killer and multiple flashbacks in this final season was a TERRIBLE idea? 

Probably. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. I like everything else, including Dushku.

6 hours ago, Relic said:

Anyone else think that the decision to include a serial killer and multiple flashbacks in this final season was a TERRIBLE idea? 

They are a bit too frequent, but what really annoyed me was the early reveal of the serial killers. I was hoping it would be a Banshee regular, like Burton.

Job's rescue was a bit weak, but I like the PTSD angle with him. I also thought Hood giving up on the search for Job so early was really out of character.

Bunker's storyline and that of the AB is probably the most interesting arc this season.

2 hours ago, Astromech said:

They are a bit too frequent, but what really annoyed me was the early reveal of the serial killers. I was hoping it would be a Banshee regular, like Burton.

Job's rescue was a bit weak, but I like the PTSD angle with him. I also thought Hood giving up on the search for Job so early was really out of character.

Bunker's storyline and that of the AB is probably the most interesting arc this season.

Well, given that there are only 4 episodes left, ever, i think they could have done away with all the  flashback/new bad guy nonsense. oh well.

Also, if i see another crazy fucked up psycho torture and mutilate a young girl on television im going to seriously consider digging a hole in the ground and calling it a life. I really really really don't need to see any more of that shit, ever again. 

...leave it to this show to introduce an FBI agent who likes the pipe...

....The brawls we should see before year's end.... Hood v Burton... Brock v Proctor ... Carrie v Cruz ... Job v the douche who got away with their money

...Does anyone know how Carrie and Bunker ever got together?

• 3 weeks later...
On April 28, 2016 at 5:58 PM, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Still really enjoying the show, but I'd say it's the weakest season so far.

Yea, probably true. Once they gave time to a serial killer, it was never going to live up to the other seasons. Should have focused on the Brotherhood vs Kai vs Carrier/Hood. That would have been enough.

Still, cliche's aside, still has a lot of what I loved about Banshee and I'm sure the finale will be epic.

This was a really poor villain to close out the show. I know the finale is next week and should have closure on Proctor/Calvin/Kurt, etc but Declan Bode was weak. 

And them panning the camera around and only showing the aftermath of Burton's assault was disappointing considering there's only 1 episode left.

42 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

And them panning the camera around and only showing the aftermath of Burton's assault was disappointing considering there's only 1 episode left.

Think the budget got slashed when they moved to Pittsburgh and made the final season only 8 episodes. Hope they saved up for the finale.

25 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Think the budget got slashed when they moved to Pittsburgh and made the final season only 8 episodes. Hope they saved up for the finale.

Yeah I can't imagine this going out with anything other then a bang. Going to miss this show for sure :(

I can't believe that this show has only one episode left.... I am depressed.

The Cruz send off was kind of weak...

Interested to see what Brock does with the new knowledge....

Proctor has to resolve his storyline ...

at least one of The Bunker brothers has to go...

Job & Sugar are set up, regardless of what happens with Carrie & Hood.

8 minutes ago, Martini Sigil said:

I can't believe that this show has only one episode left.... I am depressed.

The Cruz send off was kind of weak...

Interested to see what Brock does with the new knowledge....

Proctor has to resolve his storyline ...

at least one of The Bunker brothers has to go...

Job & Sugar are set up, regardless of what happens with Carrie & Hood.

I'm thinking both Bunkers are goners. I thought the Cruz send off was kinda weird myself.

I can't believe this show has only one more episode to go... this makes me sad in so many ways.

This episode was weak as well, and I resented having time wasted to the Satanists and their ritual murders, but that's thankfully over with and at least they didn't drag it out until the very last episode. Having Hood finally snap and admit the truth to Brock, all of it, even the fact that he liked being the sheriff, that his lies became truth for him, that was awesome. We should have had more scenes like that this season, many more. We should have had more time to deal with the aftermath of such a revelation, not just one episode. And Job is back! (well, almost all back)

Solid finale.

Liked Proctor's Scarface scene, and I'm glad he went out like a boss. 

Hood and Carrie's final scene together choked me up a bit, ngl. Sugar's monologue was great too. Perfect ending.

Sad it's over, but I respect they ended it once they felt they told the story they wanted to tell. 

Some great emotional beats, though it felt a bit anti-climactic at times.  There weren't any surprises, which made the entire Satanist serial killer side plot doubly annoying since it took up so much space in this reduced final season.  Yet, I think some of the more emotional moments might have made up for it.  Carrie and Hood, Job and Sugar, Hood and Sugar, Brock and everyone, Proctor and Burton, and definitely Bunker and Calvin.  

I'm always surprised how glad I am this show existed.  It was so completely over the top and ridiculously absurd, but also such a joy much of the time. 

Archived