Banshee

Fragile Bird

• 1 month later...

Finally caught the last 4 episodes with the Cinemax freeview this weekend. I have to agree with Mexal about season 4 being a letdown compared to previous seasons and loving the finale regardless. Bittersweet and perfect ending.

Spoiler

We all knew Carrie and Lucas would never end up together in the end. Her "It's Carrie" response to Lucas calling her Ana was great. And most of the characters leaving Banshee in one way or another was also bittersweet. Job was fantastic as always.

Most of the storylines were underwhelming throughout the season. I enjoyed Hood's search for Rebecca's killer was interesting in the beginning of the season but fizzled a bit in later episodes. The Satanist cult was weak, especially its demise. Declan gets my vote for the absolute weakest antagonist in Banshee history. And the Rebecca "twist" wasn't one for me(back pat, yay me). I had the killer pinned all along.

I felt Bunker's arc was the best of the season but its climax was a bit underwhelming. I was happy he was finally able to move on from his past like many of the other characters in the show.

Overall, everything felt a bit rushed the last few episodes, as if the writers were just happy to wrap up the arcs. Still, I'll miss this show. What a fun show it was.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the whole season was a disappointment. Spent too long flashing back on events and everyone was miserable. The cult villain was a joke and the story surrounding him unsavoury. The Nazi story had promise but never really took off.

The finale was ok. I didn't hate it and I agree it's a refreshing change for things not to end overly positive or negative. The final conversation between Hood and Carrie was surprisingly good in a "it'll never work but we still love each other way".

I'll be curious to see what the actors turn up in next and pleased they ended it when they did. Just a shame it couldn't have went out guns blazing. But it was an entertaining show where everyone (men and women) breathed and sweated testosterone. I swear if they'd ever visited a retirement home there'd be pensioners beating each other to death with walking sticks.

1 hour ago, red snow said:

I thought the whole season was a disappointment. Spent too long flashing back on events and everyone was miserable. The cult villain was a joke and the story surrounding him unsavoury. The Nazi story had promise but never really took off.

The finale was ok. I didn't hate it and I agree it's a refreshing change for things not to end overly positive or negative. The final conversation between Hood and Carrie was surprisingly good in a "it'll never work but we still love each other way".

I'll be curious to see what the actors turn up in next and pleased they ended it when they did. Just a shame it couldn't have went out guns blazing. But it was an entertaining show where everyone (men and women) breathed and sweated testosterone. I swear if they'd ever visited a retirement home there'd be pensioners beating each other to death with walking sticks.

Frankie Faison will be in Netflix's Luke Cage.

6 hours ago, Astromech said:

Frankie Faison will be in Netflix's Luke Cage.

I think the actor who played Bunker will be in Iron Fist too. It suggests the cast of Banshee may start turning up in Netflix marvel in a way similar to "spartacus" actors on DCCW

On 7/16/2016 at 1:14 PM, Astromech said:

Finally caught the last 4 episodes with the Cinemax freeview this weekend. I have to agree with Mexal about season 4 being a letdown compared to previous seasons and loving the finale regardless. Bittersweet and perfect ending.

Hide contents

We all knew Carrie and Lucas would never end up together in the end. Her "It's Carrie" response to Lucas calling her Ana was great. And most of the characters leaving Banshee in one way or another was also bittersweet. Job was fantastic as always.

Most of the storylines were underwhelming throughout the season. I enjoyed Hood's search for Rebecca's killer was interesting in the beginning of the season but fizzled a bit in later episodes. The Satanist cult was weak, especially its demise. Declan gets my vote for the absolute weakest antagonist in Banshee history. And the Rebecca "twist" wasn't one for me(back pat, yay me). I had the killer pinned all along.

I felt Bunker's arc was the best of the season but its climax was a bit underwhelming. I was happy he was finally able to move on from his past like many of the other characters in the show.

Overall, everything felt a bit rushed the last few episodes, as if the writers were just happy to wrap up the arcs. Still, I'll miss this show. What a fun show it was.

Well put. I agree with pretty much everything in your spoiler tag. However, without some better writing I don't think this show had much else to say, so I think it kind of ended where it needed to. And like others wrote, it was a lot more optimistic of an ending than I'd anticipated for such a series. 

Personally, I think the series really ended when they killed Rabbit. The rest of S4 was pretty much just an epilogue to that. It was nice to see Lucas & Ana come to an end in the way it did. This whole series is basically about one guy getting over one of the worst break-ups in TV history, so I'm glad the series ended with some semblance of peace and closure for Lucas.

Archived