The Most Likely Dancing Dragons

Khal_Rhaego

From the Arianne sample chapter, we hear (SPOILER!!) from a little girl with prophetic dreams that dragons will dance (most likely in Westeros) and everywhere they dance, people will die. Since these kinds of prophecies are so often misleading, I was wondering what other readers thought would be the likeliest interpretation.

1. Dany and Aegon join strengths and go to war together

2. Dany and Aegon go to war with each other

3. Euron, Viserion and Rhaegal fight Dany and Drogon

4. Victarion, Viserion and Rhaegal fight Dany and Drogon

5. Euron burns up Westeros with Viserion and Rhaegal while Dany is still in Essos

6. Victarion burns up Westeros with Viserion and Rhaegal while Dany is still in Essos

7. Tyrion with Rhaegal and/or Viserion will do amazing things to Jaime and Cersei

8. Dany actually hits it off with Vic and the dragons start taking Westeros, but the Others end the wars and all men and dragons fight zombies until aDoS

9. Something way better than any of these scenarios. I'd really like to hear what you've come up with!

Victarion has the horn, Dragonbinder, and he's not far from two wild dragons. I think it will probably work on at least one, but there's got to be some caveat we don't know about it. Euron wouldn't give his brother a dragon unless he knew that he'd get the dragon or his brother would die.

Brandon stark can take control of a dragon with his special ability.

Aegon can ride a dragon if he is a targarian.

Jon snow can ride a dragon if he is a son of reagar targarian.

Victarion can ride a dragon because he has the horn.

And a dragon can die...

To many possibilities.

Brown Ben Plumm can ride a dragon, and he is no Targaryen.

If the Ironborn get hold of two dragons, we'll see their riders fighting each other, for undisputed leadership. Aeron Damphair will fight both, as the Drowned God certainly doesn't approve of dragons. Actually the Ironborn won't need two dragons for this to occur, one dragon would be more than sufficient.

Victarion has the horn, Dragonbinder, and he's not far from two wild dragons. I think it will probably work on at least one, but there's got to be some caveat we don't know about it. Euron wouldn't give his brother a dragon unless he knew that he'd get the dragon or his brother would die.

I think Euron was relying on Victarion blowing the horn himself, and Victarion clearly has no intention to do so. I don't know how the dragons will bind to someone who doesn't blow the horn, so I am very usure about this Dragonbinder. Ideally, the horn kills all the men who blow it, and it is delivered to Dany so she can find two other Targaryen's with the "blood of the dragon" who can blow the horn without burning their intestines(Tyrion/Jon/Aegon[Aegon blows it but burns since he is not true Targ]).

But knowing GRRM, something crazy is gonna happen i.e. Rhaegal and Viserion bind to the first two Ironman randoms that blow the horn, and the thrid one steals Drogon from Dany, and there is no clear path in sight for what the dragons will do.

but what do i know...

From the Arianne sample chapter, we hear (SPOILER!!) from a little girl with prophetic dreams that dragons will dance (most likely in Westeros) and everywhere they dance, people will die. Since these kinds of prophecies are so often misleading, I was wondering what other readers thought would be the likeliest interpretation.

1. Dany and Aegon join strengths and go to war together

2. Dany and Aegon go to war with each other

3. Euron, Viserion and Rhaegal fight Dany and Drogon

4. Victarion, Viserion and Rhaegal fight Dany and Drogon

5. Euron burns up Westeros with Viserion and Rhaegal while Dany is still in Essos

6. Victarion burns up Westeros with Viserion and Rhaegal while Dany is still in Essos

7. Tyrion with Rhaegal and/or Viserion will do amazing things to Jaime and Cersei

8. Dany actually hits it off with Vic and the dragons start taking Westeros, but the Others end the wars and all men and dragons fight zombies until aDoS

9. Something way better than any of these scenarios. I'd really like to hear what you've come up with!

I think all of this options are possible and valid.

My suggestion (pure speculation):

Dragon riders might change over the next two books

I mean Drogon will probably stay with Danny till the end, but the other two might change owners - the new owners naturally will take over only after the death of the previous ones...

Eventually I think 3 Dragons will be split to 3 different factions

Another suggestion - Vic might bring 2 dragons to westeros but then, after his death and some other machinations Viserion and Rhaegal will be split - one (probably Rhaegal, being more "evil" one) end s up with Euron, while other gets more "decent" rider.

My suggestions for the riders of Viserion are Tyrion, fAegon, and less likely Jon, Bran (as warg) and Darkstar

i think the riders are irrelivent, i feel that the term simply means that where ever the dragons fly, they will bring war and death. esp as they invade westeros, it is a warning to either submit to the dragons and dany or die. or it could just be a reference to dany and jon snow getting it on! :P

Another suggestion - Vic might bring 2 dragons to westeros but then, after his death and some other machinations Viserion and Rhaegal will be split - one (probably Rhaegal, being more "evil" one) end s up with Euron, while other gets more "decent" rider.

My suggestions for the riders of Viserion are Tyrion, fAegon, and less likely Jon, Bran (as warg) and Darkstar

Just curious, are you saying Rhaegal is the "evil" one for killing Quentyn?

Just curious, are you saying Rhaegal is the "evil" one for killing Quentyn?

Only partly, not because he killed Quentyn but how he did it - compare with Viserion, who killed the person who wounded him, but did not harm Quent, while Rhaegal killed human without some clear provocation (though maybe he thought he was defending Vyserion - though as we know from stories about the previous dragons - dragons generally don't seem to be much into friendship / brotherly love)

+

even earlier when dragons were little, as I remember one of danny's maids complaining about Rhaegal biting her, while Viserion was refered both as more trusting (as with Brown Benn Plumm) and lazy. It was even easier for them to chain him, as compared to Rhaegal. It is also mentioned about Viserion wanting to keep lap-sitting and shoulder-climbing even when he got a little big for it.

+

As I remember in the early reports of readings of Dayeneris I chapter from ADWD (Before the publication of the book) the peasant whose daughter was killed by a dragon said "it was the green one" (that is Rhaegal) while in the final published version he says "it was the black one" (Drogon). I think initially GRRM used the Rhaegal as the first one to kill a human to show his character traits, but later he decided to have Drogon do that - not because he is "more evil" but as the biggest/ dominant dragon frorm the 3 he would probably be the first one to upgrade his dinner menu + showing Rhaegal kill someone in the begonning of ADWD would diminish the effect of him killing someone at the end - It would bee too obvious as to which Dragon poses greater risk to Quenteen and Rhaaegal attacking him would be less unexpected.

I think the child's prophectic dream is an omen of things to come in Westeros. I do not think she would be having dreams of things happening across the Narrow Sea. I do believe the dragon's will make their way to Westeros and land somewhere on the eastern shore and begin their dance of terror.

Archived