The Most Likely Dancing Dragons

Khal_Rhaego

Only partly, not because he killed Quentyn but how he did it - compare with Viserion, who killed the person who wounded him, but did not harm Quent, while Rhaegal killed human without some clear provocation (though maybe he thought he was defending Vyserion - though as we know from stories about the previous dragons - dragons generally don't seem to be much into friendship / brotherly love)

+

even earlier when dragons were little, as I remember one of danny's maids complaining about Rhaegal biting her, while Viserion was refered both as more trusting (as with Brown Benn Plumm) and lazy. It was even easier for them to chain him, as compared to Rhaegal. It is also mentioned about Viserion wanting to keep lap-sitting and shoulder-climbing even when he got a little big for it.

+

As I remember in the early reports of readings of Dayeneris I chapter from ADWD (Before the publication of the book) the peasant whose daughter was killed by a dragon said "it was the green one" (that is Rhaegal) while in the final published version he says "it was the black one" (Drogon). I think initially GRRM used the Rhaegal as the first one to kill a human to show his character traits, but later he decided to have Drogon do that - not because he is "more evil" but as the biggest/ dominant dragon frorm the 3 he would probably be the first one to upgrade his dinner menu + showing Rhaegal kill someone in the begonning of ADWD would diminish the effect of him killing someone at the end - It would bee too obvious as to which Dragon poses greater risk to Quenteen and Rhaaegal attacking him would be less unexpected.

Idk if you have had this thought, but three human beings died to raise three dragons, and I have often thought that the spirit of one rests in the other. Drago and Rhaego would be loyal to Dany the best I can figure if that is the case and Mirri Daz Murr would not. Now I myself have questioned whether Rhaego or Drago is Drogon, which may seem obvious to many, but remember that Rhaego is Drago's son, that he is Dany's son, and that he was the stallion that would mount the world. I do not think it is a given that Drago is Drogon. But in any case I feel that Drago and Rhaego are Drogon and Viserion.

Drogon is named after Drogo

Raegal after Rhaego

Vyserion after Viseris

This does not mean that they are "reincarnations" of those people

+ why whould Rhaego = Vyserion when you already have dragon namde after him (Rhaegal)

+ I am nots sure I beleive in this reincarnation thing anyway.

Archived