The Grand Small Council

Full-Faced Braavosi

Here is my list:

King: Stannis Baratheon

-Hand of the King: Davos Seaworth

-Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Barristan Selmy

-Master of Coin: Tyrion Lannister

-Master of Laws: Brynden Tully

-Master of Whisperers: Melisandre (but with a restraining order from the king's chambers), otherwise it would be Varys

-Master of Ships: Paxter Redwyne

-Grand Maester: Pylos

Optional Additions:

-Court Clown: Butterbumps

-Master of Works(Projects Overseer): Willas Tyrell

-Commander of the City Watch (Gold Cloaks): Addam Marbrand

-Court Assassin: Arya Stark (if only)

and now for the WORST Choices

Queen: Cersei Lannister

-Hand of the King: Eddard Stark

-Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Osmund Kettleblack

-Master of Coin: Mace Tyrell

-Master of Laws: Stannis Baratheon (no more brothels)

-Master of Whisperers: Dolorous Edd

-Master of Ships: Imry Florent

-Grand Maester: Qyburn

Optional Additions:

-Court Clown: Patchface

-Master of Works(Projects Overseer): Wyman Manderly

-Commander of the City Watch (Gold Cloaks): Ramsay Bolton

-Court Assassin: Jaime Lannister

Edit: I meant Imry instead of Axel.

-King: Aegon VI (knows the plight of the smallfolk, is undoubtedly just some random waif varys has decide to train to be an awesome king but there you have it, trained to be an awesome king.)

-Hand of the King: Tyrion Lannister (The neccessary political foil for Aegon's scion)

-Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Brienne of Tarth (Truest knight in Westeros, her or Sandor)

-Master of Coin: Illyrio Mopatis (foreign trade, obvious choice)

-Master of Laws: Lord Varys (to bring in reforms to help the smallfolk)

-Master of Whisperers: Sansa Stark (to be renamed "Mistress of Words", aimed at foreign & domestic diplomacy as well as information gathering)

-Master (& MIstress) of Ships: Yandry & Ysilla (they truly respect boats & what they mean)

-Grand Maester: Halfmaester Haldon (This is one is just to amuse me, imagine the faces at the citadel if he strode in, lol)

-Court Clown: Dolorous Edd (That sarcy bastard cracks me up)

-Master of Works(Projects Overseer): Spare Boot, a Night's Watch builder with an awesome name.

-Commander of the City Watch (Gold Cloaks): Bring back Lord Bronn

-Court Assassin: If the crown were to go in for such things, which I'm sure it wouldn't *shifty eyes* Then we could arrange things with some friends in Bravos, knowing how to contact them is the gift that keeps on giving.

Ducks in a Field, that's brilliant, but Stannis is sending the wrong Stark to pacify the Vale. Enter Lady Arya Stark, the assassin who single-handedly brought down the Faceless Men after being trained by her. They say she's a maegi and can make any man commit suicide by just looking at them.

Ok, my take, assuming everyone is nice and friendly

Queen: Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, the First of her Name, titles, titles, and too many titles. Capable of going to war to save the smallfolk

LC of the KG: Pre-amputation Jaime Lannister, the Kingslayer. One of the best fighters in the realm, a proper and seasoned knight and a warranty against too much 'Fire and Blood' stuff

Hand of the King: Prince Doral Martel, who resigns his position as Lord Paramount of the Dorne in favour of his daughter, Lady Arianne Martel. A cautious man, and a long term thinker, to balance the Queen's more aggressive tendencies.

Master of Dragons: a disputed position, due Lord Lannister's vast knowledge on them. The position goes Lady Arya Stark, Rider of Dragons, and the only person known to be capable of using the First Men's magic to control them

Master of Coin: Has to be Littlefinger, unless there is some yet unknown successful merchant/banker those bigoted nobles don't care to mention

Master of Whispers: Bran Stark, who can use real little birds to do his bidding.

Master of Laws: Stannis Baratheon

Master of Ships: Lord Redwyne. While Asha Greyjoy has better merits, she's occupied as Lady Paramount of the Iron Islands

Grand Maester: Marwyn the Mage. The Court has dragons, after all.

Commander in Chief of the Royal Army: Lord Jon Stark, who doesn't betray his bows by assuming the position because the Night's Watch falls under his jurisdiction. Smart, capable, and doesn't let his ambitions cloud him.

Master of Foreign Relationships: Lord Tyrion Lannister, whose ingenuity and experiences in Essos makes him one of the more capable for the job

King: Joffery Baratheon

Queen: Fat Walda

Hand of the King- Ramsay Bolton

Master of Ships- SweetRobin

Master of Laws- Lady Stoneheart

Master of Coin- Robert Baratheon

Master of Whispers- Hot Pie

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard – Shireen Baratheon

Court Clown: Stannis Baratheon

-Master of Works(Projects Overseer): Drogon

-Commander of the City Watch (Gold Cloaks): Selyse Florent

-Court Assassin: Sansa Stark

Ive done "the best" or " ideal" berfore so I though id change it a little :P

-King: Me

-Hand of the King: Stannis (Because i am going to fuck up)

-Master of Laws: Eddard Stark (Before his head fell off)

-Master of Whisperers: Roose Bolton (Is there anywone better at whispering)

-Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth

-Grand Maester: Qyburn (He can bring people back from the dead, guy knows what he is doing)

-King: Me

-Hand of the King: Stannis (Because i am going to fuck up)

-Master of Laws: Eddard Stark (Before his head fell off)

-Master of Whisperers: Roose Bolton (Is there anywone better at whispering)

-Master of Ships: Davos Seaworth

-Grand Maester: Qyburn (He can bring people back from the dead, guy knows what he is doing)

By that argument surely Thoros of Myr is the greatest Maester in the series?

Why the Eddard hate, Barry?

Braavosi, I don't hate Eddard, but like Ducks said I made my "worst" list by considering all the interactions. Ned and Cersei working together would be a recipe for disaster (and in essence the rest of the "worst council" is just one big mess). Plus it came to mind as a humorous addition just as much as having Ramsay as commander of the City Watch :laugh: .

The Royal Council

King: Rhaegar I Targaryen

LC of the Kingsguard: Arthur Dayne

Hand of the King: Jon Fossoway (green apple)

Master of Coins: Tyrion Lannister

Master of Laws: Mathis Rowan

Master of Ships: Stannis Baratheon

Master of Trades: Petyr Baelish

Master of Grains: Harrys Swyft

Master of Crafts: Jon Connington

Master of Whisperers: Varys

Grand Maester: maester Luwin

Head of Healers: maester Ebrose ->non-permanent member

Head of Tutors: maester Pylos -> non-permanent member

*is called Royal Council because is no longer a "small" council

*the Council becomes more politically appointed

*Dorne and the North only have representation through LC and the GM - positions with no political importance. -> this caused by the fact that Rhaegar married (dornish) Queen Elia and (northern) Queen Lyanna

*the Reach, Westerlands, Stormlands - 3 proud, powerful, and political hungry regions -each have 2 members. The Vale has only 1. Riverlands (politically weak) and Iron Islands (isolated) don't have representation.

*No Lords Paramount are in the Council !!

*the Hand - Jon Fossoway (green apple) is called a genius by Catelyn Tully! Lord of New Barrel. Married to Janna Tyrell, youngest sister of the Lord of Highgarden, Mace Tyrell. The Reach also haves the master of Laws, Mathis Rowan, Lord of Goldengrove, a powerful and good lord.

*Master of Coins - Tyrion Lannister, youngest son of Lord of Casterly Rock, Tywin Lannister. Master of Grains - Harrys Swyft, Lord of Cornfield. (sort of minister of Agriculture)

*Master of Ships - Stannis Baratheon, brother to the Lord of Storm's End, Robert Baratheon. Master of Crafts - Jon Connington, Lord of Griffin's Roost, a powerful lord of the Stormlands, and personal friend of the King. (charged with everything that is crafting, building, forging)

*Master of Trades - Petyr Baelish of the Vale. Master of Whisperers - Varys.

*Grand Maester has as subordonates the Head of Healers, a new order of the Citadel, tasked and focused only in medicine; and Head of Tutors, a new order of the Citadel, tasked and focused in education.

Also the new Small Council - formed from 8 High Lords and their heirs (or advisor, if the heir is a minor), and the King and Crown Prince - they meet every 4 years.

King: Rhaegar I Targaryen (41), First of his Name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men; Lord of the 7 Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm; married twice to Queen Elia Martell (43) of Dorne, and Queen Lyanna Stark (33) of the North.

Crown Prince: Aegon Targaryen (18), son of King Rhaegar I and Queen Elia Martell; betrothed to Sansa Stark (14), daughter of Lord Eddard Stark; brother of princess Rhaenys, and half-brother to prince Rhaegon (aka: Jon Snow), princess Visenya, and princess Elaena.

High Lord of the North, Lord of Winterfell, Warden of the North: Eddard Stark (37), brother to Queen Lyanna Stark.

Heir: Robb Stark (17), son of Lord Eddard and Catelyn Tully (36); betrothed to princess Daenerys Targaryen (16), sister of King Rhaegar I.

High Lord of The Reach, Lord of Highgarden, Warden of the South: Mace Tyrell (44).

Heir: Willas Tyrell (25), son of Lord Mace and Alerie Hightower; married to princess Rhaenys Targaryen (21), daughter of King Rhaegar and Queen Elia Martell; his son and heir, Elleras Tyrell, a newborn.

High Lord of The Stormlands, Lord of Storm's End: Robert Baratheon (37). Heir: Steffon Baratheon (14), son of Lord Robert and Cersei Lannister (34); named after his grandfather; betrothed to Mianna Lannister, his cousin, eldest daughter of Jaime Lannister and Lysa Tully.

Adviser: Stannis Baratheon (36); his brother; married to Cryessa Swann; Master of Ships.

High Lord of the Westerlands, Lord of Casterly Rock, Warden of the West: Tywin Lannister (58).

Heir: Jaime Lannister (34), son of Lord Tywin; married to Lysa Tully (34); they have 2 children: Mianna (13) and Joffwin. Joffwin (10), his son and heir is betrothed to princess Elaena Targaryen (9), second and youngest daughter of King Rhaegar and Queen Lyanna Stark.

High Lord of The Vale, Lord of the Eeyrie, Warden of the East: Jon Arryn (75); married to Genna Lannister (50), sister of Lord Tywin Lannister.

Heir: Rowena Arryn (33), his eldest daughter. Her only daughter, Sharra Arryn (15) is betrothed to prince Rhaegon Targaryen (17), eldest son of King Rhaegar and Queen Lyanna Stark, half-brother to princess Rhaenys and crown prince Aegon, and brother to princess Visenya and princess Elaena.

High Lord of The Riverlands, Lord of Riverrun: Edmure Tully (27); married to Joanna Arryn (24), third and youngest daughter and child of Lord Jon Arryn and Genna Lannister. Heir: Edmond Tully (3).

Adviser: Ser Brynden Tully (60); his uncle.

Ruling Prince of Dorne, Lord of Sunspear: Prince Doran Martell (52), brother of Queen Elia Martell.

Heir: Princess Arianne Martell (23); in an unhappy marriage with prince Viserys Targaryen (25), brother of King Rhaegar. Her daughter and heir, Luminne Martell (2), rumored to be fathered by Ser Gerold Dayne.

High Lord of the Iron Islands, Lord of Pike: Balon Greyjoy (51).

Heir: Rodrick Greyjoy (33); married to Herrieta Arryn (30), second daughter of Lord Jon Arryn and Genna Lannister.

• 2 years later...

Sarella Sand/ Alleras the Sphinx as Grand Maester. Arya as Master of Whisperers, because of her training with the faceless men. Brienne as Lord Commander of the KG. Asha as Master of Ships. Sands as Master of foreign relations. Tyrion as Master of coin. Dany as queen, with Drogon as her hand. (: I can just imagine Dany being like " Drogon, what should I do?" Drogon: " Well, I personally suggest making allies with prominent houses, such as the Tyrells, to ensure a long rule, Your Grace"

Archived