Bran, the King in the North?

Apple the Great

Manderly is battling stomach/bowel cancer. He is trying to land a legitimate Stark as ruler of the North to make sure his house repays the debt it owes the Starks. Bran is not coming out of that cave, my guess is Jon or more likely Rickon will have to take charge of the North. I think Jon's destiny is either to defeat the Others or rule the Seven Kingdoms. My guess is GRRM giving Jon a "Red Wedding" treatment before the end, but hopefully he serves his purpose first.

I believe that Bran stays in the cave. He comes to Jon in a dream (ACOK 53) and speaks to Theon through the weirwood (ADWD 46). Bran does not have these abilities durring the events of ACOK or ADWD. It is my belief that a fully trained Bran from the future sent these messages to his brother and foster brother. We know that he can do this, because when bran calls out to his father through the weirwood he hears him (ADWD 34).

I seem to be the only that believes that certain characters will follow the paths that they are currently on.

• 5 weeks later...

I believe that Bran stays in the cave. He comes to Jon in a dream (ACOK 53) and speaks to Theon through the weirwood (ADWD 46). Bran does not have these abilities durring the events of ACOK or ADWD. It is my belief that a fully trained Bran from the future sent these messages to his brother and foster brother. We know that he can do this, because when bran calls out to his father through the weirwood he hears him (ADWD 34).

I seem to be the only that believes that certain characters will follow the paths that they are currently on.

So what your saying is that Bran does have those abilities in ADWD...

• 1 year later...

Bran is the true king of the North, every lord who knows of Robb's will know it was forge on the belief Bran was dead. Be it when Rickon tells them where he went they would think he is dead and declare for Rickon.

Bran will probably end up like the bloodraven in a tree's roots. Rob made John his heir under the assumption that Bran Rickon were dead. Lord Wyman has sent the ever reliable Davos to find and return Rickon to Winterfell where he will be groomed for the lordship of Winterfell or king in the north if Stannis eats it bad

I don't think wrongful assumptions Robb had when the will was written matters. I would think it's the wording that counts. Hopefully, it was carefully worded. But maybe the miller's boys bodies decreased the chance of a more carefully worded will. The readers know what actually happened but Robb didn't have the slightest clue of the truth when he had the will created.

I don't think wrongful assumptions Robb had when the will was written matters. I would think it's the wording that counts. Hopefully, it was carefully worded. But maybe the miller's boys bodies decreased the chance of a more carefully worded will. The readers know what actually happened but Robb didn't have the slightest clue of the truth when he had the will created.

Bran is the true king of the North, every lord who knows of Robb's will know it was forge on the belief Bran was dead. Be it when Rickon tells them where he went they would think he is dead and declare for Rickon.

i can't see Bran stuck in a tree like BR. BR already told him he would fly.

Bran becoming the next KITN is perfectly reasonable.

Sansa doesn't want to kill Littlefinger at the moment, but if she were to ever find out that he betrayed her father in his time of need, she'd most definitely want to kill him.

I don't see Bran becoming King in the North OR Lord Of Winterfell. His entire arc has been about him becoming something completely different. It's like saying Sansa will become a warrior or Arya a lady at court.

I honestly don't think there will be a king to follow Robb. I think Rickon will be Lord of Winterfell. And Bran will have a Bloodraven type of role, whether he stays in the cave or leaves it.

I actually believe that Sansa will take Winterfell and declare Dornish law in The North. That's why she likes lemon cakes.

It's often pointed out that Sansa has a lot of parallels with Queen Elizabeth I. e. g. they both watched a perent get beheaded, they both have reddish hair, they both have a close friend and ally they call "Sweetrobin.", they both get groped by a creepy father-figure. This makes me think that Sansa will rule for many years and die childless, and that will be the end of the Starks..

Bran will probably end up like the bloodraven in a tree's roots. Rob made John his heir under the assumption that Bran Rickon were dead. Lord Wyman has sent the ever reliable Davos to find and return Rickon to Winterfell where he will be groomed for the lordship of Winterfell or king in the north if Stannis eats it bad

Somehow I find this hard to believe. I am not saying it won't happen, but it just doesn't seem very Martin-like

Bran - travels to BR; decides to lock himself in tree; Bran is now a shrub....I don't know, it just doesn't fit.

Obviously it could, but something just seems odd about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, John would need support. But now, because of the will, he may have a solid claim to stand on in order to gather or force support. Now his situation concerning the Kitn title isn't much different than those contending for the IT.

No he doesn't, he is a bastard of the Watch, the Northmen wouldn't abandon the true heir of the north to break generations of tradition if they don't have to.

Howland Reed could null and void everything - producing evidence that Jon's not in need of legitimizing (proof of R + L's marriage) and that he has a stronger claim to the Iron Throne via his father rather than to the throne in the North via his mother.

Bran's the de facto KITN, and once he hooks into the Weirwoods, he'll find that out along with any other information about defeating the Others he'll need, he'll decide he doesn't want have a tree growing out of his face anytime soon and will hodor his way back south.

Archived