The Next Dead Stark

TheWOLFbeyondTHEwall

Are any of you going to shed a tear if Rickon dies? I know I won't. The kid is almost nothing to me, as Martin has made sure. His death would accomplish very little. My money is on Sansa. A sudden and unexpected dagger through her heart would be emotionally resonating, and without any messy cleanup. Jon's death leaves no adult Stark left to fight against the others. Sansa, for all her loss, is still very much a silly little girl. She's passive and boring, and a pawn of Littlefinger besides. She brings nothing to the table and is ripe for reaping.

And she needs to pay for killing her father.

So reading this thread, any option is possible: no deaths, or Arya, or Sansa, or Rickon, or Bran, or Benjen, or any combination of the above.

BTW, if you guys "puke" when you read "yet another thread on <insert subject here>", then there is an easy solution: don't read them. Simples. Don't act all Daily Mail reader and comment on things that supposedly you are not interested in.

Are any of you going to shed a tear if Rickon dies? I know I won't. The kid is almost nothing to me, as Martin has made sure. His death would accomplish very little. My money is on Sansa. A sudden and unexpected dagger through her heart would be emotionally resonating, and without any messy cleanup. Jon's death leaves no adult Stark left to fight against the others. Sansa, for all her loss, is still very much a silly little girl. She's passive and boring, and a pawn of Littlefinger besides. She brings nothing to the table and is ripe for reaping.

This is an absolutely terrible statement. Joffrey killed Ned, not Sansa.

There were three people that killed Ned: Joffrey, Littlefinger, and Ilyn Payne. Ilyn Payne is the literal. Joffrey was the one who ordered it. Littlefinger not only plotted to betray Ned but also may have convinced Joffrey to execute it.

Sansa does not fit into this equation.

EDIT: 4 people did it, as Janos Slynt was involved and betrayed Ned. Thanks, Naathi Prince!

There were three people that killed Ned: Joffrey, Littlefinger and Ilyn Payne. Ilyn Payne is the literal. Joffrey was the one who ordered it. Littlefinger not only plotted to betray Ned but also may have convinced Joffrey to execute it.

Sansa does not fit into this equation.

Also Janos Slynt

When was Jon confirmed dead? I don't have that nifty little App thing, so was something said there? I can't see GRRM making a commitment on something this huge. I few stab wounds does not necessarily kill someone.

I believe the App lists him as dead, but I don't have it either so I can't confirm.

Three Starks (LS in not what someone could call alive...) Its because the Starks lost everything without taking part at the Game of Thrones and when they had to participate they had to defend themselves not to attack to others.

If there are three dead Starks why is the forum still full of threads going on about Jon being a Targaryen and Jon being one of the dragon riders (since he is supposed to be a dead Stark). And the Starks very well took part in the Game of Thrones, Catelyn Stark abducted the brother of the Queen while Eddard plotted against the Crown Prince (he indeed had the right of it, but I would not call that not taking part in the Game.) As for Robb Stark, he actually declared his own kingdom and was in open war with four other kings. I understand that it was a spineless old fellow who killed him and not a battle, but you still can't claim they were a) not taking part B) only defending themselves...

:shocked:

I just can't deal with this today.

I believe the App lists him as dead, but I don't have it either so I can't confirm.

Not trying to nitpick at all, but my understanding of the App (again not having it), is just because someone is listed as dead doesn't actually mean that they are - they are just thought of as likely dead as opposed to something affirmatively stating that yes, Jon was killed by his brothers (I know I could be reaching with this). Until I see that though, I will continue to absolutely believe that Jon is (a) not dead and (b.) will not become UnJon.

If there are three dead Starks why is the forum still full of threads going on about Jon being a Targaryen and Jon being one of the dragon riders (since he is supposed to be a dead Stark). And the Starks very well took part in the Game of Thrones, Catelyn Stark abducted the brother of the Queen while Eddard plotted against the Crown Prince (he indeed had the right of it, but I would not call that not taking part in the Game.) As for Robb Stark, he actually declared his own kingdom and was in open war with four other kings. I understand that it was a spineless old fellow who killed him and not a battle, but you still can't claim they were a) not taking part B) only defending themselves...

1. (I don't beleive I am defending Cat... :bang: :bang: :bang: ) By the clues she had, he attempted to kill her son.

2. Ned knew the truth so he was honorable.

3. His bannermen declared him king and he wanted to save his father who was in the dungeons...

1. (I don't beleiveI am defending Cat... :bang: :bang: :bang: ) By the clues she had, he attempted to kill her son.

2. Ned knew the truth so he was honorable.

3. His bannermen declared him king and he wanted to save his father who was in the dungeons...

:laugh: I have never seen anybody defending Cat on this forum.

Anyway, this is all nice, but these are only the motives behind the actions. And it doesn't really matter what their motives are, since they resulted in the same actions other players carried out too, all the same. I mean with that Stannis is not taking part in the game either, because the Iron Throne is really his, by right, so he is honorable to claim it. As for Cat, I'm not a Cat hater, but her clues were utterly faulty. Faulty reasons for a stupid act.

And Robb. Yes. His father died then. After that he wasn't really marching to save him. He was marching to take castles and take revenge on the Lannisters. That should mean the Martells aren't players either. Because Doran only did the same thing Eddard did. Pulled the strings to put the one on the Throne he thought was the true claimant. Oberyn did the same Robb did, wanted to avenge a relative he loved. I really don't see why the Starks are the innocents in this story. :dunno:

When was Jon confirmed dead? I don't have that nifty little App thing, so was something said there? I can't see GRRM making a commitment on something this huge. I few stab wounds does not necessarily kill someone.

One stab is enough to kill a person, provided it landed on important spot. And Jon was stabbed for times. Again, the fact that he's dead does not mean he'll stay dead.

And yes, the source is the app. I've not read it, but here's () it's summary. Castle Black is listed as Jon's place of death.

Archived